The MTU parameter cannot be changed

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

czechoj
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

The MTU parameter cannot be changed

Post by czechoj »

Hey
After changing ADM to 3.4.1 NAS AS-6404 operating in an aggregated network does not allow to set MTU to a parameter other than 1500. An attempt to manually configure crashes information:
Cannot configure the Ethernet interface (Ref. 5802)
Anyone had a similar condition?
Jozef
orion

Re: The MTU parameter cannot be changed

Post by orion »

I can change the parameter on my old AS-304T. It seems the problem might be dependent on NAS model...
czechoj

Post by czechoj »

Hey.
What response time does ASUSTOR technical service have to answer the reported technical problem?
Greetings.
Jozef
orion

Post by orion »

It depends. I usually get responses within 3 days. However if my question is somehow complex, it takes longer, said one week. Of course, except feature requests or they need time to re-produce my problem.
czechoj

Post by czechoj »

On August 11, that is almost 2 weeks ago, I reported the problem described in this topic to this day has no interest. I am surprised by such ASUSTOR technical support activities. Once again they fail.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Just to understand :
when you write "An attempt to manually configure" did you said
... I use the settings / network / network interface select one and press configure ... change in menu and crash
OR
... I try using ifconfig command to change MTU and ifconfig crash ?

Because one can be ... a webUI error or a real network interface don't accept MTU change (ex. some hardware with forced value at driver level)
the other (ifconfig), reduce the problem to a network interface one AND if ifconfig work ... this reduce problem to WebUI.

if ifconfig works ... a simple autorun shell can help you temporary ... up to Asustor address WebUI problem.
Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
czechoj

Post by czechoj »

After logging into the NAS by the PuTTY program, changing the MTU parameter with the "ifconfig eth0 mtu 9000" command causes the response "Operation not permitted"
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
czechoj wrote:After logging into the NAS by the PuTTY program, changing the MTU parameter with the "ifconfig eth0 mtu 9000" command causes the response "Operation not permitted"
OK (so if you log using root (no admin)) ... it's the driver (or the hardware ... I hope not) ... this can be do by forcing value when loading it (but not easy for a non Asustor guy to identify it)) ... need some search in init shell script, or it's due to a recompiled problem with the driver (outdated source code)
The second case can be linked to hardware ... in this case it's bad, because it's a technology choice ... without possible solution.
Last (but require more debug) ... it can be due to the old and incomplete base libraries provide by Asustor. (libc 2.2 and others) ... I write this, because for myHD APKG I have (in next version) be oblige to include linux loader and libc (2.27) to have some function not implemented in Asustor parameters choice when compiling basic library) ... but it only a possibility not a true response.

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
czechoj

Post by czechoj »

My fault is not logged in as root. However, then I can change the MTU parameter range below 1500. For each larger number I get the answer "Invalid argument"
czechoj

Post by czechoj »

Hey.
I just installed the latest ADM software ver. 3.4.2.R932 and I still can't change the MTU parameter !!! What does Asustor say?
I am angry and disappointed.
Greetings.
Jozef
Last edited by czechoj on Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “[Official] For AS63XX/64XX Series”