Can`t connect to 6302

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

joethelion
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Can`t connect to 6302

Post by joethelion »

I have two networks, one in the office and the other at home. In the office the 6302 connects and works well, but when I take it home it is not reachable; Asustor control center does not see it. In the routers settings page (through 192.168.1.1) it is displayed in the DHCP table, but I can`t reach it. I already reset it, and also can connect directly with an ethernet cable between my mac and the NAS. I also reset the router, and everything else works OK with it, but still I can`t connect it through the router.
orion

Re: Can`t connect to 6302

Post by orion »

Then, I guess your MAC IP address and NAS IP address are not on the same LAN. You should check your MAC IP settings first (IP and subnet mask).
joethelion

Post by joethelion »

Thanks for the reply. Actually my two modems are the same brand (tp-link) and have the same ip addresses (192.168.1.1), and when I bring the NAS to the office I can reach it through my Mac.
orion

Post by orion »

So that's apparently caused by the differences between office network and home network. It could still work differently even if the modems are the same brand (even the same model) with different settings.
If you don't know how to check, you can list information here (IP and subnet mask on NAS and on MAC).
joethelion

Post by joethelion »

orion wrote:So that's apparently caused by the differences between office network and home network. It could still work differently even if the modems are the same brand (even the same model) with different settings.
If you don't know how to check, you can list information here (IP and subnet mask on NAS and on MAC).
I see but the main difference between the two is that one has wireless whereas the other doesn`t. I just set them with all the defaults. I don`t have internet at home (the modem/router that has wireless) so keep it at bridge mode in order not to deal with DNS servers etc.

It is strange though because I can access the adm, and everything else, and use the NAS OK, just can`t reach it through the control center.
vientom

Post by vientom »

joethelion wrote:
orion wrote:So that's apparently caused by the differences between office network and home network. It could still work differently even if the modems are the same brand (even the same model) with different settings.
I see but the main difference between the two is that one has wireless whereas the other doesn`t. I just set them with all the defaults. I don`t have internet at home (the modem/router that has wireless) so keep it at bridge mode in order not to deal with DNS servers etc.

It is strange though because I can access the adm, and everything else, and use the NAS OK, just can`t reach it through the control center.
I have the similar problem - ASUSTOR control center cant find my AS6302T NAS at home and at work. I can only access it by IP address. 2 weeks ago I have sent it to warranty center and they found the same problem too. Now I have new one with same problem :-(
orion

Post by orion »

vientom wrote: I have the similar problem - ASUSTOR control center cant find my AS6302T NAS at home and at work. I can only access it by IP address. 2 weeks ago I have sent it to warranty center and they found the same problem too. Now I have new one with same problem :-(
I believe your PC IP address and NAS IP address are not on the same LAN. If you don't know how to check, you can list information here (IP and subnet mask on NAS and on PC).
vientom

Post by vientom »

orion wrote:
vientom wrote: I have the similar problem - ASUSTOR control center cant find my AS6302T NAS at home and at work. I can only access it by IP address. 2 weeks ago I have sent it to warranty center and they found the same problem too. Now I have new one with same problem :-(
I believe your PC IP address and NAS IP address are not on the same LAN. If you don't know how to check, you can list information here (IP and subnet mask on NAS and on PC).
I work in IT sector and know about LAN settings ;) . Also I have connected and installed 10-20 NAS sevices without problems. My IP address and NAS IP address ARE on the SAME LAN - at home now I have PC IP 192.168.11.170 and NAS - 192.168.11.105 (now static). At home and at work I am using my computers wit LAN cable (not WIFI).
orion

Post by orion »

vientom wrote: I work in IT sector and know about LAN settings ;) . Also I have connected and installed 10-20 NAS sevices without problems. My IP address and NAS IP address ARE on the SAME LAN - at home now I have PC IP 192.168.11.170 and NAS - 192.168.11.105 (now static). At home and at work I am using my computers wit LAN cable (not WIFI).
Oops, it's new for me. I can run ACC to find NAS without problems. You can check if you installed antivirus software on your PC. If yes, you can try to disable it to have another try. If it does not work, I think you should send a support request to asustor directly. https://support.asustor.com/
vientom

Post by vientom »

orion wrote:
vientom wrote: I work in IT sector and know about LAN settings ;) . Also I have connected and installed 10-20 NAS sevices without problems. My IP address and NAS IP address ARE on the SAME LAN - at home now I have PC IP 192.168.11.170 and NAS - 192.168.11.105 (now static). At home and at work I am using my computers wit LAN cable (not WIFI).
Oops, it's new for me. I can run ACC to find NAS without problems. You can check if you installed antivirus software on your PC. If yes, you can try to disable it to have another try. If it does not work, I think you should send a support request to asustor directly. https://support.asustor.com/
I have ESET Endpoint Security and it was a problem :-( . Look to attachments how I have solved problem. Thank you
Attachments
ACC_problem_solve_5.JPG
ACC_problem_solve_5.JPG (53.49 KiB) Viewed 5775 times
ACC_problem_solve_4.JPG
ACC_problem_solve_4.JPG (87.23 KiB) Viewed 5776 times
ACC_problem_solve_3.JPG
ACC_problem_solve_3.JPG (79.13 KiB) Viewed 5776 times
ACC_problem_solve_2.JPG
ACC_problem_solve_2.JPG (71.85 KiB) Viewed 5776 times
ACC_problem_solve_1.JPG
ACC_problem_solve_1.JPG (71.89 KiB) Viewed 5776 times

Return to “[Official] For AS63XX/64XX Series”