AS6404T down't update the ADM

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

gapbo
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

AS6404T down't update the ADM

Post by gapbo »

Hi,

I have an AS6404T with ADM version 2.7.1RFT5 and would like to update it to version: ADM 4.2.0.RE71.

Possible?

Best regards
Guenter
Nazar78

Re: AS6404T down't update the ADM

Post by Nazar78 »

AS6404T does support ADM 4.2.0.RE71 but probably you'll have to go through a few incremental updates. Best is to check with Asustor Support by opening a ticket with them.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
gapbo

Post by gapbo »

thx :!:
ndl101

Post by ndl101 »

Generally speaking, when upgrading applications across multiple major versions, I would use this approach:
  • read the changelog, it is just good practise as sometimes there are breaking changes or steps to be performed manually.
  • perform the update in steps. If the changelog indicates breaking changes across minor versions, I would increment the minor version gradually (e.g one minor version or perhaps even patch version bump at the time). The target here is the latest version just prior to the next major version upgrade.
  • when the latest version in the major series is reached, upgrade to the oldest version in the next major series and repeat the process above for the current major series and so forth until you reach the version you want
I would:
  • contact Asustor to determine if an upgrade from the 2.x series your NAS is currently running to the 3.x series is possible or if you need to upgrade to the latest 2.x series first. If you need to upgrade to a newer 2.x series first make sure they supply either a link to the firmware or the firmware itself as I have not been able to find any 2.x series firmware anywhere
  • upgrade to latest 2.x series if applicable
  • upgrade to oldest 3.x series, e.g. 3.0.x
  • upgrade to next minor in the 3.x series, e.g. 3.1.x, repeat until you reach the latest minor version
  • upgrade to newest in the 3.x series
  • upgrade to oldest 4.x series
  • upgrade to next minor in the 4.x series, e.g. 4.1.x, repeat until you reach the latest minor version
  • upgrade to newest 4.x series
After this I would make sure to update regularly in order to avoid this kind of situation again as well as various other reasons including but not limited to security.

I made it long as I lacked the time to make it short.

---
Help to self-help:
How to ask (good) questions in a forum
---
General information
NAS: Lockerstor 4 (AS6604T)

Return to “[Official] For AS63XX/64XX Series”