AS6302T ADM update error

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Nazar78
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: AS6302T ADM update error

Post by Nazar78 »

After the procedure did you check if the NAS is accessible in the browser port 8000? Log in to your router to look for the NAS IP if you can't find it.

Also for the procedure, try with the rear reset button instead of the front USB button. Also remove your all your disks in case those could affect the procedure.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
klubko

Post by klubko »

No, I didn't. I'll check it, I just hope my modem is able to give me a list of all connected devices :-D as I don't fancy searching the whole 0.0.0.0 - 255.255.255.255 IP address range :-D or is the default ip: http://172.16.1.69:8000/ ?

The discs, I had them out all the time.
klubko

Post by klubko »

I can see the port "up" but the NAS doesn't get an IP from my DHCP. I scanned the whole DHCP range, but found only known addresses that are connected to my network.
As you adviced, I tried the rear reset button, but it didn't change anything.
As you asked about what DOM I used, do you have acces to any other than the one I have? I mean, it looks like my nas is dead already, so I can try another DOM, maybe some other would help.
Attachments
port up 2.png
port up 2.png (83.98 KiB) Viewed 1914 times
port up.png
port up.png (100.24 KiB) Viewed 1914 times
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

No sorry I don't have any other DOM images. I haven't even tried the DOM you mentioned, I have only one unit and it's being used currently by other external users so I can't test. Is the USB you created actually bootable? Try create another bootable USB using one of the Linux installer, like Ubuntu. E.g. https://ubuntu.com/tutorials/create-a-u ... 1-overview. You also should be able to boot it with your PC/laptop. Then try that hold rear reset procedure with this USB see if it works. If you managed to get into the Ubuntu installer, then you could dump the image extracted from the latest firmware into the DOM.

Else I'm afraid contacting Asustor Support is your only option. Probably ask them too how to get into the bios with your model? For mine, when I boot, there's a Insyde logo on the screen, I kept hitting the DEL key and after awhile it goes into the UEFI bios which then I can go into the boot manager to boot from the USB.
Internal:
External 5 Bay USB3:

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
klubko

Post by klubko »

I don't thing it is supposed to be bootable. I suppose it flashes something on the NAS's main board, and only after restart, it the NAS should then be able to boot somehow. That's what I was expecting.
Here is a list of files that are created on the USB by that AS-6X.DOM.Rescue.zip
d:\bzImage
d:\bzImage.cksum
d:\bzImage.md5sum
d:\initramfs
d:\initramfs.cksum
d:\initramfs.md5sum
d:\rescue_firmware
d:\dir.txt
d:\rescue_firmware\X64_G3_3.4.7.RF62.TP2
d:\rescue_firmware\X64_G3_3.4.7.RF62.MD5
d:\rescue_firmware\update.txt
d:\System Volume Information\WPSettings.dat
d:\System Volume Information\IndexerVolumeGuid

When I create the bootable USB with ubuntu, the NAS doesn't boot from it (my PC does, but not the NAS), I thing it doesn't even try to boot. As I said earlyier, the NAS doesn't react to any input from a keyboard after that I could enter bios or select the USB to boot from.

Yeah, I've created a ticket https://support.asustor.com/ticket.php? ... resh=17998 and I'm curious if they actually reply because I was a bit rude explaining my situation and acntually complaining about their unability to solve the oroginal issue, adm update fails with error 6213
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

It's bootable I believe, didn't check further:

Code: Select all

ISO analysis:
  'C:\Users\nazar\AS6XXXT_ADM.RESCUE' doesn't look like an ISO image

Disk image analysis:
  Image has a Zeroed Master Boot Record
  Image is a bootable disk image
Using image: AS6XXXT_ADM.RESCUE (2 GB)
Ok, do update us of the outcome.
Internal:
External 5 Bay USB3:

Crayou

Post by Crayou »

Hi.
Looks like i have a similar problem. Recently bought a refurbished Asustor as6302T. Everything was working fine for a 2 months until the update ADM to 4.2.0.RC81. During the reboot after update, NAS just stuck - blue LED was on, green was flashing slowly, fan spins on full revs. Reset (back button of my NAS) didn't help. Removed my HDDs, tried again and system starts. But needed initialisation once again - i've lost all my data.
Now system is working but every time i want ro restart my NAS situation repeats: blue LED is on, green is flashing slowly, fan spins on full revs. Press&hold power button, reset, and the system is back again. Sometimes i takes 2 resets to make the NAS work again.
What can i do with my problem? I don't want to loose ma data again. How to make NAS trustworthy again...?
(Sorry if my english is bad)
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

Crayou wrote:Hi.
Looks like i have a similar problem. Recently bought a refurbished Asustor as6302T. Everything was working fine for a 2 months until the update ADM to 4.2.0.RC81. During the reboot after update, NAS just stuck - blue LED was on, green was flashing slowly, fan spins on full revs. Reset (back button of my NAS) didn't help. Removed my HDDs, tried again and system starts. But needed initialisation once again - i've lost all my data.
Now system is working but every time i want ro restart my NAS situation repeats: blue LED is on, green is flashing slowly, fan spins on full revs. Press&hold power button, reset, and the system is back again. Sometimes i takes 2 resets to make the NAS work again.
What can i do with my problem? I don't want to loose ma data again. How to make NAS trustworthy again...?
(Sorry if my english is bad)
Most of the time the data is not lost, you just need to recover them, unless of course the physical disks has been mishandled i.e. you removed more than 1 or 2 disks of a RAID while the system is online which completely destroyed the array.

Sometimes the NAS has trouble restarting, a long hold of the power button should power it off.

As for your ADM issue, if you're not familiar with Linux it's best to get someone look into your NAS remotely, open a ticket with Asustor Support is a good start.
Internal:
External 5 Bay USB3:

Crayou

Post by Crayou »

Thanks for your answear.
Nazar78 wrote:open a ticket with Asustor Support is a good start
Just got reply from Asustor:
"let's try flashing the DOM (the flash memory) to see if that's a critical hardware issue or a software issue
please follow this documentation https://support.ezconnect.to/portal/api ... BsdRF3aOpw"

Just finished the precedure mentioned above.
System is up and ready. ADM version is now 4.1.0.RJD1 and asking me for update.
What next? Or is it all finished/cured?

EDIT: during update od ADM - blue LED is on, green flashing slowly, fan at max revs... Stuck again?
How long it takes to updade? It's been over 20 minutes now.
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

It usually takes less than a minute to upgrade after the update has been downloaded.

You can try force shutdown by holding the power button then power it back on. As to why this is happening I'm not sure without deep troubleshooting. You should report this to Asustor Support.
Internal:
External 5 Bay USB3:

Return to “[Official] For AS63XX/64XX Series”