AS6302T ADM update error

charlesko1
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

AS6302T ADM update error

Post by charlesko1 »

He,
I recently bought a refurbished Asustor as6302T. The initialization went well, but the ADM upgrade to the latest version does not work at all. (at 50%, the update gets stuck and displays an unknown error.6213) The support claims that it is a hardware faulty NAS, but the company from which I bought the NAS says that all the NAS they have in stock (90 pcs) have been hardware tested but they all show the same update ADM error 6213.
Can you help me?
Charles
Nazar78

Re: AS6302T ADM update error

Post by Nazar78 »

Ask the support who claimed the hardware is faulty, which hardware? There's nothing we can help unless we can see the system logs. You can try force update the firmware but it's quite a technical process and no guarantees. Or you can get someone to remotely look into the NAS.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
klubko

Post by klubko »

charlesko1 wrote:He,
I recently bought a refurbished Asustor as6302T. The initialization went well, but the ADM upgrade to the latest version does not work at all. (at 50%, the update gets stuck and displays an unknown error.6213) The support claims that it is a hardware faulty NAS, but the company from which I bought the NAS says that all the NAS they have in stock (90 pcs) have been hardware tested but they all show the same update ADM error 6213.
Can you help me?
Charles
I have the same error on 2 AS6302T units. 6213 unknown error. I raised 2 tickets, one of them was concluded as faulty HW. But the behaviour of the one who was working on my issue was strange. I felt like I'm duscussing with a robot. Also that "one" told me they tried to connect wia EZ connect which suposedly failed on bad connection but worked in the end although I did nothing with the connection (50/5 Mb/s VDSL line). I tried EZ connect myself many times, also did the port forwarding on my modem and added their office public into the trusted list (ADM-Setting-ADM Defender-"Network Defender" tab,
Click "Add" of "Trusted List" and add "114.32.93.159" for IP address). The second ticket is unsolved.

Do you have a manual how to force the update? So far I found only tutorials how to let it update automatically either via internet or locally. I tried downloading several versions of ADMs but all of them lead to error 6213.
Who else can look into my nas remotely except the support?
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

I've replied the steps to a similar post here: https://forum.asustor.com/viewtopic.php ... 307#p44595
Internal:
External 5 Bay USB3:

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
klubko

Post by klubko »

ok, so I did the steps from the post you sent me https://forum.asustor.com/viewtopic.php ... 307#p44595 but unfortunately now my NAS won't boot. Fan spins on full revs, HDDs are spinning, blue LED is on, green is flashing slowly.
I'm not blaming you, I know it was on my own risk, now I need advice how to fix it. Can you advice?
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

Did you use the correct firmware? That post was for a different model. You can try check if you can still SSH into the NAS to repeat the procedure, if not turn off the NAS and boot up without the HDDs. If you see the initialization screen, try SSH using user root and pass admin, then repeat the procedure.

If that still doesn't work, boot the NAS off a Live USB such as https://www.linuxliveusb.com/. You can also use any USB installer such as https://ubuntu.com/tutorials/create-a-u ... on-windows. With the NAS powered off, USB stick and keyboard connected, turn it back on and keep hitting the DEL key until you see the BIOS/UEFI then boot it off the USB from the boot menu. The target partition is again /dev/mmcblk0p2 and /dev/mmcblk0p3 which you don't need to unlock them when booting off the USB. If they are different then that could be the issue, let us see some screenshots. I also assumed you made a backup of the original.
Internal:
External 5 Bay USB3:

charlesko1

Post by charlesko1 »

Hi,
This is not hardware problem.This is software problem.I feel that asustor support is very well aware of the problem with the update error 6213, but they are simply not interested in dealing with the old series of servers, even if they still have full support. Buy a new model and the problem will solved :). So my opinion is: the notorious error 6213 will never be solved by Asustor, because it does not want to be solved.
Charles
klubko

Post by klubko »

I'm getting back to my issue, as I wrote earlyier, Fan spins on full revs, HDDs are spinning, blue LED is on, green is flashing slowly. I tried DOM rescue, trhe procedure seems to work until I reboot the NAS. I hear the long beep, uplug power cord, wait, plug in again and again blue LED is on, green is flashing slowly. It doesn't react to any key pressed from a keyboard. I read to keep hitting Iether Esc, Delete or F11 to enter bios but none of them works for me.
Any ideas how to bring my NAS back to life?
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

Which DOM rescue you used? Working as in it boots the NAS completely? But fail again on reboot? Are you able to repeat the process?

My NAS respond to the DEL key, hitting it few times during power on and it will bring me to the BIOS.
Internal:
External 5 Bay USB3:

klubko

Post by klubko »

this is the DOM Rescue I use http://support.myasustor.com:18900/port ... Y1PcJ4iaLg but I confess, I have now no clue how I got to it as I downloaded it in september already.

Now I don't know exactly how you mean by
Working as in it boots the NAS completely? But fail again on reboot?
I'll try to explain: NAS is off. I Insert USB flash drive that I created earlyier using the procedure from the DOM rescue. Power cable, wired keyboard, monitor and LAN with internet connection are connected. I press and hold the button on the bottom front side of the NAS, press and release the power button while still holding the othere button pressed. NAS turns on, I wait for the green LED to start flashing fast and let the button go. Then I wait for the long beep and disconnect the power cable. Wait 5 seconds and connect the power cable. The nas goes on, blue led is shining, green one is flashing slowly. and that's it. Nothing more. Monitor doesn't go on, nas doesn't react to any key pressed on the keyboard.

Return to “[Official] For AS63XX/64XX Series”