It is currently Tue May 21, 2019 12:26 am
All times are UTC + 8 hours

OneTouch Backup fails with Input/output error(-5). Caused by "Can't copy file to temp file"

OneTouch Backup fails with Input/output error(-5). Caused by "Can't copy file to temp file"

Postby TheBinary1 » Thu May 16, 2019 3:25 am

Just bought the AS6404T and it seems to fail copying from ExternalHDDs using:
1. File Explorer old-fashioned drag-n-drop (no error visible)
2. OneTouchBackup in Copy mode (with error: Input/output error(-5). Caused by "Can't copy file to temp file")
3. SSH command-line "cp -R /share/USB11/* /volume1/Media/ExtHDD/" (no error visible)

In all 3 methods above, a like-for-like copy/backup is not the expected outcome.

I initially thought that ExternalHDDs (formatted in NTFS) had a corrupted filesystem but chkdsk revealed no issues. I then thought that the Asustor's new HDDs might be the issue (unlikely given that they are brand new), but fsck.ext4 revealed no issues. I ran fsck.ext4 using Steps described in viewtopic.php?f=36&t=7761&p=23964&hilit=fsck#p23964 except that I ran fsck.ext4 with the -nf flag.

Sounds like a ridiculous question, but how exactly do I copy / backup external HDDs onto the Asustor NAS?
TheBinary1

Re: OneTouch Backup fails with Input/output error(-5). Caused by "Can't copy file to temp file"

Postby orion » Thu May 16, 2019 10:32 am

So, it sounds that you can list files by "ls /share/USB11/", but copy failed?! That's indeed new for me. By the way, you can check "dmesg" and "cat /var/log/messages" to see if there are any clues.
orion

Return to [Official] For AS63XX/64XX Series