Quotas per Folder / Share

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

mbuette
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Quotas per Folder / Share

Post by mbuette »

Hi there,
got a new 4004T and like the hardware so far. But I'm trying to use quotas for individual Folders or Shares, but there seems to be no option to do that? Then I tried to create several smaller Volumes on 3 RAID-0 drives, but that' also does not seem to be supported? Then I created a new quota-enabled user and tried to connect from Win10, but 2 connections to the same Server with 2 accounts is something Win10 doesn't seem to like...

So now I have two hostnames for my NAS: the "normal" name and a "quota" name to connect to shares with the quota-enabled username. It seems to work, BUT I'd need to create new users for every quota-enabled share (to please ADM) AND a new DNS entry for every additional connection from a Client (to please Win10).

I'm confused, is this really the way to do this with ADM, or am I simply missing something obvious??

Thanks in advance for any pointers!
orion

Re: Quotas per Folder / Share

Post by orion »

NAS supports only user-based quota.
mbuette

Post by mbuette »

And I assume there's also no way to create several smaller volumes on 3 RAID-0 Disks?

TIA!
orion

Post by orion »

No. That depends on disk size.
mbuette

Post by mbuette »

You mean that unlike other storage solutions, which treat a RAID-Array/Storage-Pool/Volume-Group as a virtual "disk" on top of which you can create individual "volumes/partitions", ADM doesn't have this distinction and always creates a single Volume spanning the entire Array? That's kinda weird...

Return to “[Official] For AS40XX Series”