Problems after Upgrade to 4.2.0.RC81

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Cash
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: Problems after Upgrade to 4.2.0.RC81

Post by Cash »

ATTENTION! Google Translate

Manual for lowering the firmware, please do not kick

I found the information on the Internet, and it’s not an instruction, but just an excerpt. Some points were revealed as the quest progressed :)

First you need to download the firmware to which you want to update
https://www.asustor.com/service/release_notes#all - here we check what firmware were for your device (the AS10,50 series will be indicated etc.)
https://www.asustor.com/ru/service/down ... duct_id=41 - we are looking for our firmware to which we want to downgrade and download

1. Enable FTP and SSH on the device
2. Install WinSCP and connect to the device on port 22
3. Follow the path /volume0/etc/ and copy the nas.conf file to your computer
4. In the nas.conf file, edit the following lines (example version):

Version=4.1.0.RHU2
Lastversion=4.1.0.RHU2
Baseversion=4.1.0.RHU2

!!!HERE CAREFULLY!!!

and instead of the version number, we enter the firmware version released earlier than the one we want to flash (which we downloaded)
i.e. if I need to flash on 4.1.0.RJ72, then we look at the link which was earlier and enter (I have 4.1.0.RHU2)

5. Save and transfer back to storage.
6. We go through the web, settings, update, there will be information that there is an update. Click "UPDATE MANUALLY" and point to the downloaded firmware.
ABG

Post by ABG »

Hello everyone!

Reply from support team:

the next update of ADM will fix this issue (after the Chinese New Year holidays)
entropysword

Post by entropysword »

Anyone had any updates on this? IP is a workaround for now but it breaks quite a few things that are important. I don't want to downgrade but I will if that's the only solution.

Return to “[Official] For AS40XX Series”