AS4004T NFS Dead SOLVED!

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

flhthemi
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

AS4004T NFS Dead SOLVED!

Post by flhthemi »

Until today NFS has been working fine. I use Kodi to access my media files. Now all of a sudden I can't access the AS4004T via Kodi and NFS. Was working fine yesterday and no settings have been changed. I'm at a total loss...
Last edited by flhthemi on Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
orion

Re: AS4004T NFS

Post by orion »

What's your ADM version? You might enable auto upgrade feature. If it's upgraded automatically, you should check AppCentral to see if certain apps need to be upgraded manually.
flhthemi

Re: AS4004T NFS

Post by flhthemi »

orion wrote:What's your ADM version? You might enable auto upgrade feature. If it's upgraded automatically, you should check AppCentral to see if certain apps need to be upgraded manually.
ADM version is the latest V4.0.0.RMD2 10/16/2021
Apps - I haven't installed any so....

Here's what I noticed last night... If I shut down or reboot for a very short period of time I get access, then It's no longer accessible again.

I also have AS3202T and a AS4002T acting the same way. Makes me think there's a bug in the ADM software. So right now they are totally useless for me as I use NFS for my Kodi installs.

Is there a way to reset the unit to factory defaults without losing the data on the drives?
orion

Re: AS4004T NFS Dead

Post by orion »

I just tried to setup a NFS share and got the same result. I think you should send a support ticket to asustor too. https://support.asustor.com/
flhthemi

Post by flhthemi »

orion wrote:I just tried to setup a NFS share and got the same result. I think you should send a support ticket to asustor too. https://support.asustor.com/
Thank you! Now I know I'm not the only one. I will file a support ticket as well.
flhthemi

Post by flhthemi »

orion wrote:I just tried to setup a NFS share and got the same result. I think you should send a support ticket to asustor too. https://support.asustor.com/
Any luck getting NFS working?

I was asked to send a health log, sent it and got a reply it had been sent to their coders....but nothing alse so far.
flhthemi

Post by flhthemi »

Well I still have no NFS access and have heard NOTHING from Asustor after submitting a log file they requested. Maybe I should have bought Netgear.
ilike2burnthing

Post by ilike2burnthing »

Have you followed up with them since, to basically bump your support request?

Shouldn't be necessary, but sometimes ticket updates can be overlooked, or a mistake made. Can happen anywhere and to anyone.
flhthemi

Post by flhthemi »

ilike2burnthing wrote:Have you followed up with them since, to basically bump your support request?

Shouldn't be necessary, but sometimes ticket updates can be overlooked, or a mistake made. Can happen anywhere and to anyone.
No I sure have not. Maybe I'll try that later today. I'm just trying to figure out if I'm setting NFS up wrong (I had it working) or if it's due to this last firmware update. I have 3 Asustor NAS's and all 3 of them no longer appear to be working correctly with NFS. I was using NFS for Kodi's library. I have switched to SFTP so I'm still able to use Kodi.
flhthemi

Post by flhthemi »

Issue fixed by last update to firmware, finally!
Now I know it wasn't something stupid I did :-)

Return to “[Official] For AS40XX Series”