Dropbox app won't install

Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

cbuchanan
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Dropbox app won't install

Post by cbuchanan »

Hi,

I have an AS6204T that was purchased in Jan 2017. It was set up and syncing with a Dropbox account until recently. Today I tried to fix it and it appeared to be stuck indexing. I tried to re-install, but had an error that the ADM needed to be updated. I updated from 2.7.3RI21 to 3.0.3RAI4. The installation went well, but I still can't install Datasync for Dropbox. It initiates the installation, shows "Preparing," it switchs to a progress bar and then quits the installation process.

I'm not sure if the problem is the the new software or some setting that I haven't configured properly. The use of Dropbox is somewhat mission critical to my current project and it would be nice to have it to continue to run off the NAS drive.

Does anyone have any insight to the issue?

Regards,
Chris
orion

Re: Dropbox app won't install

Post by orion »

The clues are quite limited. I think you should send a support request to asustor. https://support.asustor.com/
lachender Hans

Re: Dropbox app won't install

Post by lachender Hans »

I just installed DataSync for Dropbox 1.1.1.r84 on ADM 3.0.3.RAI4 on my AS3102T - and I works on my machine.

There are 3 "flavours" of this app in the App Central the one for AS31 is the same as for AS62. Maybe the ADM 2.7.3RI21 on AS62 used another of those version? (Sorry, I'm just guessing here)

I won't ask you if you have tried deinstall and reinstall it... that's probably the first thing you've tried. So it's probably an ADM-upgrade issue (again: just my guess)

Return to “DataSync for Dropbox”