Dropbox not completely syncing

Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

joe
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: Dropbox not completely syncing

Post by joe »

Hi bikermiker,

I've clarified step 3 here: https://github.com/jjssoftware/asustor- ... r/setup.md

Steps 3, 4 and 5 are the important steps to follow here.

You need to plug a valid dropbox oauth2 token into the root crontab job file. You do need to replace the [YOUR_OAUTH2_TOKEN] placeholder completely with a valid dropbox oauth2 token..including complete replacement of the square brackets. You'll end up with something that looks like this:

Code: Select all

0 */8 * * * python /usr/local/AppCentral/community-dropbox-upload/bin/updown.py --token wwwwwwwwwwwxxxxxxxxxxxxyyyyyyyyyyyyyzzzzzzzzzzzz -y -u ~/ /home/admin/datasync/
where wwwwwxxxxxxxyyyyyyzzzzzzz is your actual valid dropbox oauth2 token

As mentioned in step 3, change the crontab schedule to whatever you need, change the paths to paths that work for you on your NAS and save the crontab job.

Once you've done this, wait for the crontab job to execute on it's regular schedule (whatever schedule you specified in the crontab job file (or every 8 hours by default)). After the cron job has executed (or even when it's started running), go looking for log files that get maintained in /usr/local/AppCentral/community-dropbox-sync/log as mentioned in Additional Note #5

This is a sample log file: https://github.com/jjssoftware/asustor- ... 645250.log

If you're still stuck, it will probably be a better idea if you create a github issue so we can continue over there rather than clog this forum thread up: https://github.com/jjssoftware/asustor-dropbox/issues

Cheers
Joe
Last edited by joe on Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bikermiker

Post by bikermiker »

Thanks Joe
bikermiker

Post by bikermiker »

I was able to fix the Asustor Dropbox issue.

After the Asustor corrupted itself again ALONG WITH MOST OF MY BACKUPS, I felt is was time to throw out this piece of shit. Especially after the slow and unhelpful responses from support.

I bought a Synology. Dropbox AND Google drive work well. Problems solved.

BTW... Joe's script works well.
John@AST

Post by John@AST »

bikermiker wrote:I was able to fix the Asustor Dropbox issue.

After the Asustor corrupted itself again ALONG WITH MOST OF MY BACKUPS, I felt is was time to throw out this piece of shit. Especially after the slow and unhelpful responses from support.

I bought a Synology. Dropbox AND Google drive work well. Problems solved.

BTW... Joe's script works well.
Hello Bikermiker,

I'm sorry to hear about it. After searching in our support system, we cannot find the related support ticket that you sent. We could only find 2 other tickets based on your e-mail address (USB issue and AFP/SMB MAC connection issue). Can you let me know your ticket number? I'll check what's the problem. Thanks.

Regards
John

Return to “DataSync for Dropbox”