two way sync not working

Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

jtays
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

two way sync not working

Post by jtays »

I have had DataSync Center running for months on end, am only using 264.48GB drive space on a folder that has 2way sync enabled, and have yet to complete a single full one way sync. Libre Speed test shows 938mbs connection speed on internal network. From my PC to WAN I'm showing almost always 200 or more mbs upload speed. I don't have any upload speed restrictions, changed my drive usage to be allowed all day all night, never sleeping. I'm afraid I'm going to completely ruin the platter and arms of my hard drive before I ever get a full backup. I do notice that .DS_Store is constantly failing. If this is a common error? I'm assuming it is because they are not necessary nor allowed on dropbox. If this is the reason my files are never getting through and finally going back to check dropbox for actual new files that can be synced to my NAS, is there a way to disable just .DS_Store files so that I can finally count on the "easy network drive" to be "easy"?
jtays

Re: two way sync not working

Post by jtays »

@ASUSTOR Any help?
orion

Post by orion »

I would suggest you to send a support request to asustor directly. https://support.asustor.com/
jtays

Post by jtays »

Thanks @Orion. I think I may have fixed it, by just adding .DS_Store to the filters section... I'll confirm in a few days if sync completes, so that others can use if they have the same problem
rianno

Post by rianno »

Hi Jtays, did you solved?
I have problems with DataSync Center with one-way sync from NAS to Onedrive for Business: it takes week to back my files on Onedrive.

I'm backuping my data (70 GB) and it has been taking days and days. If I upload the same data directly with drag-and-drop from W10 Explorer, it would take some hours

I have 1000 mbs connection speed on internal network. LIbre Speed test shows 100 mbs upload speed on the Internet.

I opened a ticket but Asustor was not able to find a solution.

What about your backup speed?

Thanks
jtays

Post by jtays »

Totally worked. Speeds were in line with standard speeds from my ISP

Return to “DataSync for Dropbox”