CANCELED [APKG Kodi New Generation 17.0] use Kodi17 from Asustor

This version is based on the official code WITHOUT modifications (base Ubuntu 16.04)

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

father.mande
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

CANCELED [APKG Kodi New Generation 17.0] use Kodi17 from Asustor

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

I am please to announce the port (stop gap for test before ASUSTOR official delivery) ... so certainly last before Asustor delivery
of KODI 17.0
... this version is based on the official code WITHOUT modifications (base Ubuntu 16.04)

==== ATTENTION this is a NG (new Generation) version completely rewritten

[Name]
mykodi17
my_kodi-enable.png
[Model supported]
All with ASPORTAL

[Update from kodi APKG]
If you want to keep your previous (kodi 16) settings
Please BEFORE starting mykodi17
copy .kodi from kodi folder to .kodi in /usr/local/AppCentral/mykodi17/my_data/kodi17 folder

[Version]
17.0.N1 Please, consider it as a BETA version
... New generation (even a little less in size)
... include Kodi17 + ALL binary addons from Kodi team delivery
... update from previous Kodi17.0 is possible (but better is to do a backup )
... mykody17-ng include a complete BUT minimal Ubuntu Xenail 16.04 including package management)
... it's TOTALLY hidden (except if you want to do specific modification)
... Kodi have access locally (on NAS) on the folder under /share (Public, Media, Music, ... your own, etc.)
... and all network access
... remote control (except Asustor) can be use (CEC (HDMI/USB Plug), Android, IOS, remote PC, web interface, etc.)

[Know BUGS]
... Asustor Remote Control don't work (due to isolation and not use lirc Linux rc management)

[Tested Videos and Sound]
... based on Kodi team tests files and on my own
Encoded videos : H264 movies up to 1080P ; Mpeg2 ; HEVC (H265) up to 720P (no hardware acceleration) ; Mpeg4 ; VP8
Containers : mkv, avi, mp4, mov
Sound : direct HDMI 2.1 and 5.1 ; using Pass-through AAC, DOLBY Prologic 2, DTS AM 5.1
... for pass-through I don't have a clear idea of the quality ... I use a "hands-on system" based on HDMI Audio extractor (optical) to Optical DTS box decoder (HD Rush) to an old Tikuny Cam-6C 5.1 headset ... this is not high quality but permit to verify encoded (DTS, Dolby, etc.) output and positional speakers for 5.1 ...

[Audio Configuration]
... Please be sure to select the good HDMI output (not analog and your HDMI screen if displayed in the list)

[Download]

Thanks to return your tests ... (please open NEW topic)
Philippe.
Last edited by father.mande on Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:01 am, edited 9 times in total.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
father.mande

Re: [APKG Kodi 17.0] 100% original code but require more tests

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Short update of the APKG :

... NO modification in Kodi code itself (vs. 17.0)
... change menu settings to exit (suppress of reboot, etc. proposition)
... add default Advancedsettings.xml to avoid start not full screen mode
EDIT : last point not solved ...
... update of run_kodi.sh (trying to solve some strange "Kodi don't start without a reboot (one time after install) but not sure this solve the problem ... ) :roll:
F.Y.I. :
... start manually using a console (ssh) work as well ... so ???????
... to test (open a console; cd /usr/local/AppCentral/mykodi17 ; then run ./run_kodi.sh ... and look at TV)
... so no idea for the moment ... sorry

AFTER a REBOOT of the NAS ... mykodi17 run as well ????? very strange .... :lol: :lol: lot of aspirin needed ...

Update from 17.0 is possible ... Please save your .kodi BEFORE UPDATING
ex.
cd /usr/local/AppCentral/mykodi17
tar czf /share/Public/mykodi_settings.tgz .kodi

update
then reboot
then
cd /usr/local/AppCentral/mykodi17
tar xzf /share/Public/mykodi_settings.tgz

This will be solved in short time

Philippe.
father.mande

Re: [APKG Kodi 17.0] 100% original code but require more tests

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Another update (sorry it's a new APKG ... so first phases are more frequent ...

Update to 17.0.2 APKG

... solve bugs :
... ... NO MORE REBOOT NEEDED after install (thanks to support)
... ... update now keep your settings from previous APKG

... change is some libraries to avoid problem with Asustor delivery

download in first post.

Philippe.
father.mande

Re: [APKG Kodi 17.0] 100% original code

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Update to solve bugs ... Kodi APKG 17.0.3

VA-API (video acceleration) now works as well
Audio pass-through (to AVR or ... ) work and have been tested with DTS and Dolby Prologic II
lot of test video have run with success
CEC (use remote TV as remote control is available (BUT Intel IGP don't support it ... so need a Pulse-Eigth module (for ex.))

Now this is a running (and complete version) ... so I will stop waiting for official delivery ... but you can (as I do) play with it for the pleasure ...

Philippe.
grootelulu

Post by grootelulu »

Hi Philippe,
Now we just wait your 17.0.3 qpkg update for Q**p... :D
Thank you !
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
grootelulu wrote:Hi Philippe,
Now we just wait your 17.0.3 qpkg update for Q**p... :D
Thank you !
Hum! I think we are on an Asustor forum ... ... ... no ? :lol: :lol:

But response is same ... when the official or validated kodi17 version will be available from another source ... this also disappear ...
one package for one product ... no more or users fall in incomprehensible state ... who, where, when how ...

... so no more on Q... (and versioning number is different for historical reason :lol: :lol: )

I do it on my free time and for sharing but also for the fun ... it's just a challenge for me to integrate some packages with the limited knowledge on what are inside the box and ADM (and my own limits) ... a game ... and as any game sometime the game is over ... :lol: ... sure that lot of people can do best works than me ... I don't think to be on top ... just a working ant ... do, redo, redo again up to ... and loop ...

Philippe.
ludo021288

Post by ludo021288 »

Hello,

I just installed your port on my Asus 6104t (thanks for your work). It's starting fine.
But I still have one issue i cannot solve: when trying to play a video file, i have a black screen (with a few colored flashes at the beginning). I tried disabling VA-API and it works fine without this (sound + video). But my processor isn't fast enough to support H264 4K playback without HW acceleration (i have a lot of lags in this configuration). Is VA-API still broken? Or I need to install anything else? I'm running ADM 2.7 beta, tried also before upgrading the latest ADM 2.6 no success.

Thanks!

Christopher

PS: I added the log file if it can be of any help
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Yes I need the log ...

I don't know all the Asustor model capabilities ... so be sure that 4K is supported (test with another software)
Also can you provide the Xorg log file (last) ifrom :
/usr/local/AppCentral/xorg/var/log/ folder

I own only an AS5002T so supporting 1080P ... (so if a complementary library is requested ... I can't see it in my own log ...
In all case ... official next Kodi17 version from Asustor will be tested in Asustor on all the existing models ... not as mine ...

Philippe.
ludo021288

Post by ludo021288 »

Hello,

Sorry i thought the log were already attached but it seems that this forum does not support log extension... I put them in a ZIP file, should be OK now.
As for tests I have conducted:
- Play a 1080p video file on Kodi 17 : same issue with black screen, sound is OK
- Play a SD video file on Kodi 17: same issue with black screen, sound is OK
- PLay a 1080p and a 4K video file on Kodi 16 (official Asustor release) : everything is OK (sound and video).

There seems to be an issue with VA-API as the problem is only in Kodi 17 with HW acceleration enabled. I tried to look at the log, i spotted the following error multiple times:

ERROR: failed to import VA buffer NV12 into EGL

Maybe it has something to do with a missing driver/module?

Thanks for your help

Christopher
Attachments
log.zip
Log kodi
(82.47 KiB) Downloaded 572 times
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

OK I have to check ... it's a specific problem with some H264 movies ... same video but with another encoding run ... (due (seems) to the change between ffmpeg libraries include in Kodi17 vs the version in Kodi16)

I have get one file with this problem ... with another aspect ... this message will not be displayed (changed on 12/16/2016)
to reflect real problem with 10 bits surface in render ... (normal message now is P010 not NV12)

It's cosmetic but change the target ... to surface render ... so better to understand ...

The problem seems to be solved by upgrading lib va-api to 1.7.1 ... but it's not easily possible (Asustor part)
I will try another ways (changing ffmpeg by using external one ... but it's a bad idea ... like a fork ... ) or perhaps returning back and generating kodi not on Ubuntu Xenial but trusty ...

I will check, sorry for the inconvenience ... and lot of thanks for your help ... it's one reason why I create a clear separate kodi17 ... so nothing is lost in your running kodi16 ...

Philippe.

Return to “Mykodi17”