CANCELED [APKG Kodi New Generation 17.0] use Kodi17 from Asustor

This version is based on the official code WITHOUT modifications (base Ubuntu 16.04)

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

ecollin2
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: CANCELED [APKG Kodi New Generation 17.0] use Kodi17 from Asustor

Post by ecollin2 »

I don't knowif you are aware but the version of Kodi that Asustor provides is broken.The NextPVRplugin does not work. Asustor verified the problem but have given no estimates as to when a working version will be made available. Since they removed the previous version of Kodi, Asustor now has no version of Kodi that works with the NextPVR addon. I wanted to try your version of Kodi to see it it works but it appears you no longer allow that.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
ecollin2 wrote:I don't know if you are aware but the version of Kodi that Asustor provides is broken.The NextPVRplugin does not work. Asustor verified the problem but have given no estimates as to when a working version will be made available. Since they removed the previous version of Kodi, Asustor now has no version of Kodi that works with the NextPVR addon. I wanted to try your version of Kodi to see it it works but it appears you no longer allow that.
PVR and addons are always more complex on a NAS (even if I don't know your specific problem), because they use system resources and libraries not provide or with not same version as addon search to use ...
Some PVR (for ex.) are know to generate edge effect (and not only on NAS), for ex. NextPVRplugin ... generate segment of the video file (to anticipate network slow down) in temp file (4 to 6 segments)
... so if temp file is not enough in size or not redirect to another place ... you can have a not working addon ... even without visible fault (also some addon using specific ssl structure through Python not working on some NAS) ... etc.

1 always have a look to official Kodi forum (you can see lot of messages about NextPVR for ex.)
2 provide to Kodi support (forum) or here all the elements, especially log file with maximum debug options (advancedsettings.xml) if Asustor provide a release version and not a debug one.
3 it's never a good idea to use parallel identical (in version) software ... why :
... because NAS provider have the "use" to provide official package but also non official BUT write by NAS team member and for some provider under an hidden speudo and delivery place ... to be able to provide software but without real support and help (in fact all have support ... but few to none have "usage help") ... I suppose it's due to limited resource or voluntary to limit responsibility ...
SO THE BEST to have a sustainable support and product ... it's better to use official version, if not and if a solution exist in parallel WHY doing the job ... for a limited number of users ... the problem goes to a low priority and will be never or late or in new version solved ... so no more job ... just to wait for ...
so if you really need a solution for the future ... better is to use the official delivery (or in reduce case delivery from an internal Asustor team member ... able to have internal information and denug tools)

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
damien599901

Post by damien599901 »

hi Father_mande

do you work on Kodi 18 for ASUSTOR NAS?
if yes, it could be great !!!
Storage: AS7004T & AS5002T
Network: FREEBOX REVOLUTION V6
Laptop: Apple MACBOOK Pro OS X El Capitan & Windows 10
Media Player: ASUSTOR NAS with Kodi 16 Beta & HD_Engine 1 (thanks Fathe_Mande)
Portable: iPhone 6S Plus, iPad Mini 2 & iPad Air

Return to “Mykodi17”