Hi-Res player cannot find music

The Hi-Res Player is a music player which you can play the Hi-Res Audio (higher than CD quality - lossless music format - FLAC, WAV, DSD etc)

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

korrosion
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Hi-Res player cannot find music

Post by korrosion »

Hi,

I have an AS1004T, with the latest version of ADM.
All the apps seems to work fine, including SoundsGood, but - somehow - I cannot get Hi-Res player to find any items in my music library.
The library is located in Music share, which is set in Hi-Res player (tried to reset already to another share and then back, but no success), but after the process "updating music library" ends up with 0 artists, 0 albums, 0 songs.
I already tried to remove (both disable and remove) Hi-Res player from App central, then install or enable again, but still no success. I also tried to disable SoundsGood and still no good.

Anyone - please - would have any suggestion, what I should try? I'd be much happy with an MPD instance, then SoundsGood (however SG is working great for me), at least because of the possibility to playback internet radios and such streams.

THX in advance:
K
korrosion

Re: Hi-Res player cannot find music

Post by korrosion »

Finally I got it I believe.
Seems to be related to the low resource CPU unfortunatelly.
It might help others, therefore I describe why I think so:
- During the "Update music library" process the CPU usage is often 100% on one of the cores, the other core is under, but close to 100%
- In the related log file (reachable via ssh, something like: /usr/local/App-Center/hiresplayer/log) I found, that the music library files are started to be sorted properly, but allways ends up somewhere in the middle of the library and not continued ever (as an example: starts with letter A, then goes to letter L in alphabetic order)
- As a doublechecking process, I'd created another share, copied lots of music to this, but definitelly less, than the stop of the scan (as an example: from letter A to letter D), then I just changed the music library in Hi-Res player from the Music share to this "temporary" library. The scan was completed without any hassle and all the songs in this library appeared on the Hi-Res interface. Then I just changed back to the real Music share, and the scan was not completed again and the Hi-Res interface emptied again, showing 0 Artists, 0 albums, 0 songs :(

Seems, that my music collection is just too big for Hi-Res on the T series NAS of mine :(

THX:
K
pbilinski

Post by pbilinski »

Hi there ...

I have the same problem ...
latest updates have NOT solved the issue ...
Any clues ? Does anyone from Asustor monitor this forum ?
Hi-res player is unusable without this issue being addressed ... ;-(
primusd

Post by primusd »

korrosion wrote:Finally I got it I believe.
Seems to be related to the low resource CPU unfortunatelly.
It might help others, therefore I describe why I think so:
- During the "Update music library" process the CPU usage is often 100% on one of the cores, the other core is under, but close to 100%
- In the related log file (reachable via ssh, something like: /usr/local/App-Center/hiresplayer/log) I found, that the music library files are started to be sorted properly, but allways ends up somewhere in the middle of the library and not continued ever (as an example: starts with letter A, then goes to letter L in alphabetic order)
- As a doublechecking process, I'd created another share, copied lots of music to this, but definitelly less, than the stop of the scan (as an example: from letter A to letter D), then I just changed the music library in Hi-Res player from the Music share to this "temporary" library. The scan was completed without any hassle and all the songs in this library appeared on the Hi-Res interface. Then I just changed back to the real Music share, and the scan was not completed again and the Hi-Res interface emptied again, showing 0 Artists, 0 albums, 0 songs :(

Seems, that my music collection is just too big for Hi-Res on the T series NAS of mine :(

THX:
K
Did you ever solve this? I wonder if you tested the remainder of your library like you did when doublechecking (e.g. A-D, E-H, etc.) you might isolate to see if a particular file/tag is causing the problem?

Indeed, would be nice if Asustor paid some attention to this forum/app...

Return to “Hi-Res Player”