Hi-Res Player unable to detect USB DAC

The Hi-Res Player is a music player which you can play the Hi-Res Audio (higher than CD quality - lossless music format - FLAC, WAV, DSD etc)

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

burdie
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Hi-Res Player unable to detect USB DAC

Post by burdie »

Just installed SoundsGood and Hi-Res player on my AS1002T (both apps and nas firmware are latest), SoundsGood able to detect both of my USB DAC (Xmos usb chip) and display DAC model correctly and able to output to USB DAC.
But on Hi-Res Player, it won't detect both USB DAC, even I just swtich from SoundsGood, unplug and re-plug USB DAC, connect USB DAC before and after switch on the DAC, or before open and after open the Hi-Res player app.
I can run the Hi-Res player, just that it won't detect the USB DAC.
burdie

Re: Hi-Res Player unable to detect USB DAC

Post by burdie »

Today my AS1002t able to detect one extra sound device - ALSA device (default), and there is no individual USB DAC model detected, and by only enabling this device, my USB DAC able to receive audio signal and display bitrate correctly for hires file and DSD 2.8M/5.6M but not 11.2M.
Without displaying the correct model of the USB DAC,
(1) is the ALSA device in fact is the generic driver for USB DAC? both of my USB DAC displayed as ALSA
(2) no DoP menu displayed, will the playback of DSD truely bit perfect? well my dac display correct bitrate of DSD
(3) DSD 11.2mhz or DSD256, not supported by AS10 series?

The web page based Hi-Res player will show failed device after a track ended and no longer can control via webpage, but music continue to play next track. Using the MPDroid app control however have no problem at all.

Return to “Hi-Res Player”