[APKG PlexMediaPlayer v 1.3.12] END move to PMP2 2.4.1

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

damien599901
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: [APKG PlexMediaPlayer v 1.2.5] For ALL plex users

Post by damien599901 »

after a second restart : can't be launched.
i disable/enable the app on app central => same issue
:|
Storage: AS7004T & AS5002T
Network: FREEBOX REVOLUTION V6
Laptop: Apple MACBOOK Pro OS X El Capitan & Windows 10
Media Player: ASUSTOR NAS with Kodi 16 Beta & HD_Engine 1 (thanks Fathe_Mande)
Portable: iPhone 6S Plus, iPad Mini 2 & iPad Air
father.mande

Re: [APKG PlexMediaPlayer v 1.2.5] For ALL plex users

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
damien599901 wrote:after a second restart : can't be launched.
i disable/enable the app on app central => same issue
:|
Strange ... because as I know a restart concern ADM then Xorg/Asportal ... but not an application not yet started ???

can you try a manual start after reboot, I can't reproduce this on my AS5002T ... so ????
... please provide the output in console ... and if PMP start ... the corresponding plexmediaplayer.log
Please can you provide : ADM version (perhaps you use ADM 3.0 beta ?) and Asportal / Xorg couple ...
... after reboot, open a console and have a look to system message (in case) ... command is dmesg ...

Sorry for asking you all this point ... but I can't reproduce ... so I don't have any idea ...

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
father.mande

Re: [APKG PlexMediaPlayer v 1.3.0] For ALL plex users

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Please find in first post : PlexMediaPlayer 1.3.0

The delay (but 13 days) is due to problem with Qt5.8 (Qt.io had decide to suspend this release temporary) ... so a fallback to 5.7 have been done

F.Y.I. :
start first using tv mode (so please change the mode before updating) ... if problem use as explain scale mode ...
... don't forgot the keys to switch from mode dynamically are NOT usable in Asustor due to the lack of multitask (no task bar to get back minimize windows, no action's button on top)
... TV mode and Desktop (with or without scale mode) are together Web Application (don't imagine that TV mode is different ...
... ... ALL the mode use MPV player (embedded) as the player for all files from Plex server
... ... TV mode is only for ascetic (but important for non technical users ... ) and for a better access to PMP settings

IN ALL CASE ALWAYS check ALL SETTINGS (video acceleration, pass-through is sound is play using an AVR, etc. )

Philippe.
father.mande

Re: [APKG PlexMediaPlayer v 1.3.1] For ALL plex users

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Please find (in first post) PlexMediaPlayer 1.3.1
Plex Media Player 1.3.1 is now available for all users.
NEW:
* Desktop web-client updated to 3.6.0
FIXES:
* Reverted QT to 5.7
* Crashing on macOS
* AC3/DTS on RPi
This version also use a new architecture on Asustor to be more compliant with other NAS I support ... to reduce error and delay when building it
Provide some libraries due to the OUTDATED version provide by Asustor for new version of some tools (ffmpeg evolution, mpv evolution, etc.)

Philippe.
father.mande

Re: [APKG PlexMediaPlayer v 1.3.1.1] For ALL plex users

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Please find a light update of PlexMediaPlayer 1.3.1 ... 1.3.1.1

NO change in Plex Media Player itself

ADD a NEW mode to try solving display problem when starting in TV mode (depends on models)
please return experience here ... if it solve or not the problem

How to set the new mode :
/usr/local/AppCentral/pmp/CONTROL/start-stop.sh set_mode scaletv

Philippe.
damien599901

Post by damien599901 »

Dear Father_mande

i ve tried the app
a) have used the command lines
b) have launched the app

black screen on PMP and the sound doesn't not work anymore on all the apps of the portal (youtube ...)
the only fast solution was to desintall all (x-org included)
Storage: AS7004T & AS5002T
Network: FREEBOX REVOLUTION V6
Laptop: Apple MACBOOK Pro OS X El Capitan & Windows 10
Media Player: ASUSTOR NAS with Kodi 16 Beta & HD_Engine 1 (thanks Fathe_Mande)
Portable: iPhone 6S Plus, iPad Mini 2 & iPad Air
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
damien599901 wrote:Dear Father_mande
i ve tried the app
a) have used the command lines
b) have launched the app
black screen on PMP and the sound doesn't not work anymore on all the apps of the portal (youtube ...)
the only fast solution was to desintall all (x-org included)
Sorry ... I have no idea ... this is not reproducible on my own NAS (fresh install or update)
... the new scaletv works as well for other NAS brand with problem to start and use TV mode ...
I use the last ADM 2.7 and last Xorg / Asportal ... so no idea ... PMP is only an application ... never change anything in the system itself, nor in Xorg / Asportal APKG and it's a standard client for sound system (ZERO reconfiguration ... only definition in settings of the target)

If you have no problem with other application, just stop using it try OpenPHT or use Kodi (provide by Asustor) and the official Plex for Kodi (even require a PlexPass)

Unfortunately I have no tools to debug something I can't reproduce ...

Philippe.
NB ... if you use ADM 3.0 and new Xorg / Asportal ... I have not tested it ..., if not except if you start manually pmp (to have the console log) and provide xorg and pmp log ... I can't imagine the problem ...
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

I'm running the new 3.0 ADM and PMP works great with it. In fact, I'm no longer using the client app on the TV at all, everything goes through PMP now.

Rather than removing the apps, try shutting them off in App Central and turning them back on one at a time. This seems to resolve black display more often than not.
Maerlin

Post by Maerlin »

Hi everyone,

And once again a huge thank you to father.mande for his work.

PMP seems to work pretty well on my AS5002T.
Although I cannot get it to play AC3 or DTS sound properly, it seems to constantly downmix.

I try to configure the audio output device, but when I select HDMI1 or HDMI2 => no sound at all. I have to let it to default.
Doing so, if I select AC3 or DTS passthrough => no sound.
I set the number of channels to 5.1 (my HDMI out of my NAS is connected to the HDMI input of my 5.1 amp, itself linked to my TV).

When I play some multi-channel test files, I only get stereo sound (rear channels get nothing).

Playing the same files on my Kodi setup give me proper surround sound.

Any Idea?
Thanks
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Hum! don't identify this ... sorry but I can't test before some days (I am in travel)
And at all I can only test with my own hardware (so not an amp. nor AVR) I just won an hdmi extractor (raw) and a DTS converter

1 can you use test files to validate your problem
2 eventually don't hesitate to post (and search first) on Plex Media Player forum (provide plexmediaplayer.log (it's clearly indicate if conversion is used or not ... )
3 use mpv program provide to list the available sound system identified by PMP (PMP use libmpv to play movies and music) and select the good one (because PMP display the "comment" associated to an output and not the output name itself.

Philippe.
NB others users with AVR or Amp can perhaps help you ...

Return to “PMP (PlexMediaPlayer)”