[PlexMediaPlayer] teaser for PlexPass users PROOF of RUN

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

father.mande
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

[PlexMediaPlayer] teaser for PlexPass users PROOF of RUN

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

It's just a teaser to show you a first run of plex media player on ASUSTOR NAS (and another brand ... I share code and libraries between the two ... )
click to enlarge the image
PMP.png
It's not fully tested ... because PlexMediaPlayer require to paid for a PlexPass and I don't have one ...
so I just do this to have some potential tester (owning a PlexPass) and perhaps (or not) with success .

Video (sorry for the sound ... I am sick and don't have the courage to restart the record) .
https://youtu.be/WLCLD1J5rsk

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
MikeG.6.5

Re: [PlexMediaPlayer] teaser for PlexPass users PROOF of RUN

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

Phillipe,

I have a Plex Pass (obviously, as much as I use the whole environment!) and would love to test this. The problem is, I don't know where you got the installation app from. If you can point me to where you got it from I would love to test and provide feedback.

I did find a link to an embedded PMP on their downloads, and did try installing it, but no joy. Can't upload it...
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
MikeG.6.5 wrote:Phillipe,
I have a Plex Pass (obviously, as much as I use the whole environment!) and would love to test this. The problem is, I don't know where you got the installation app from. If you can point me to where you got it from I would love to test and provide feedback.
I did find a link to an embedded PMP on their downloads, and did try installing it, but no joy. Can't upload it...
As I know ... NO link or port already exist for standard Linux box. ... only the source code on Github (GPL v2 licence)
... SO I build all the components on an Ubuntu 14.04 LTS system (to be near as possible of the libraries level in Asustor), then generate script to add the missing libraries (in Asustor) then solve internal library search PATH priority then build additional library ... then put in a structure compatible (for packaging) with Asustor apkg rules ...

Now I have to clean ... because the usage of Qt5.6.1 (size > 1Gbyte of space) require some suppress ... to keep in a correct size for APKG
then I create a first APKG for tester (works in progress) ...

I write this short message to be sure to have some potential tester before ending the job ... because as for Windows or MacOS client ... the code is GPL but the usage require a PlexPass so paying for using it (except if you update a PlexHomeTheater APKG but for local server only with some modding).

So if you are ready to test ... I will start building APKG first and put here as usual.

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

Sounds great, Philippe. You can bet I will test it out. Been having a few issues with the Plex Client on my TV, and it's the same device the NAS has an HDMI connection to...

Although I may very well be the only one testing it... :)

Return to “PMP (PlexMediaPlayer)”