Remote Access

Nextcloud is an open source, self-hosted file sync and share and communication app platform. Access & sync your files, contacts, calendars & communicate and collaborate across your devices. You decide what happens with your data, where it is and who can access it!

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

orion
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: Remote Access

Post by orion »

DrMartinus wrote:Since there is no reply (yet), I add a little more information:

I tried turning the webserver off and on, no difference. I cannot access any website by just entering the IP address of the NAS within the local network. I now wonder, if this is due to the fact that I just took out the HDDs from the previous Asustor-NAS and put them into the new one. In several howto's it said that this would be the way, but maybe something went wrong there. Should I reset the system? If so, what should I backup?
I was surprised also that no USB drive is being recognised by the NAS. That may be relevant when it comes to the backup... I'm at a loss and would be happy if anyone can help me.
You should NOT reset your NAS.
mm.. I would suggest to check the failure when entering the IP address of the NAS within the local network first. After fixed, check remote accesses. I guess that your local IP address is changed. Did you use ACC to find your new NAS IP on LAN?
DrMartinus

Post by DrMartinus »

I apologize for not having replied for so long, I was just not able to look into the problem.
What das ACC stand for?
According to the rooter, the IP address hasn't changed, unless you mean the external IP address, that changes every 24 hours, for that I use a DDNS service which also says (within the Asustor box) that it has checked out fine. Yet I can't access any webservice hosted on the box, except for ADM.
Asustor AS6104T
orion

Post by orion »

ACC means a tool called Asustor Control Center. The tool can find NAS on your LAN.
Ok, you can access ADM on LAN, but failed on your webserver. That should mean network settings are correct. You can ignore ACC check. You should check if your applications (ADM web page -> App Central) is disabled or not. You may need to "re-install" all of your applications after you migrate the old NAS to a new NAS.
DrMartinus

Post by DrMartinus »

While trying to get that far, I noticed that the entire web folder is owned by an unknown user and unknown group, and when trying to change it to the webserver as owner (http or whatever it maybe) I noticed that there is no such owner that would stand for the web server. So my question: how do I go about it? Because as far as I know, ownership needs to be set to the web server or at least to the group in which the web server is also included. Am I right?
Asustor AS6104T
orion

Post by orion »

The information is kind of chaos now. It's good idea to check one service at this moment, said Photo Gallery.
  • Is it working fine when you enter NAS IP address on LAN to browse ADM web page?
  • Then, is it working fine after you clicked Photo Gallery?
  • Did you try to re-install "Photo Gallery"?
DrMartinus

Post by DrMartinus »

orion wrote:The information is kind of chaos now. It's good idea to check one service at this moment, said Photo Gallery.
  • Is it working fine when you enter NAS IP address on LAN to browse ADM web page?
  • Then, is it working fine after you clicked Photo Gallery?
  • Did you try to re-install "Photo Gallery"?
I can access the ADM using the IP-address.
I can not access the Photo Gallery from there.
I'll try to reinstall it and get back then.
Asustor AS6104T
DrMartinus

Post by DrMartinus »

I reinstalled photogallery, but the result is the same. Starting it from within the adm, I get a "access forbidden" message, adding the port 8000 or 8001 to the IP-address, I get the web server's "oops, page not found" message (or similar), while I haven't changed the remainder of the URL.
Asustor AS6104T
jauling

Post by jauling »

Does this thread have anything to do with Nextcloud? If not, why is it in this forum?
orion

Post by orion »

jauling wrote:Does this thread have anything to do with Nextcloud? If not, why is it in this forum?
DrMartinus mentioned that his web services including nextcloud do not work. That's why he posted here (although it's not good).
orion

Post by orion »

DrMartinus wrote:I reinstalled photogallery, but the result is the same. Starting it from within the adm, I get a "access forbidden" message, adding the port 8000 or 8001 to the IP-address, I get the web server's "oops, page not found" message (or similar), while I haven't changed the remainder of the URL.
Ok, do you mean that you changed web service port to 8000 and 8001 and changed ADM default port to others?.

Anyway, it occurs to me that it could be caused by MariaDB. viewtopic.php?f=74&t=8831&p=28005
However, if you reset MariaDB, it implies that many of your web service accounts are reset to default.

Return to “Nextcloud”