Misleading upgrade message

Nextcloud is an open source, self-hosted file sync and share and communication app platform. Access & sync your files, contacts, calendars & communicate and collaborate across your devices. You decide what happens with your data, where it is and who can access it!

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

wde
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Misleading upgrade message

Post by wde »

I've installed Nextcloud 10.0 (stable) but am getting a message "ownCloud 9.1.2 is available. Get more information on how to update."
Is anyone else getting this message?
Any way to get rid of it?
My NAS: Flashtor 6 FS6706T ADM: 4.2.7.RRD1 Router: Technicolor CGM4331COM (XB7)
run4all

Re: Misleading upgrade message

Post by run4all »

I get it too. I wait usually till the next upgrade in the App Store as I'm unsure what a web upgrade will do.
__
If you have to apologise, don't forget to change your behaviour to prevent it happening again.
MonsMagnus

Post by MonsMagnus »

wde wrote:I've installed Nextcloud 10.0 (stable) but am getting a message "ownCloud 9.1.2 is available. Get more information on how to update."
Is anyone else getting this message?
Any way to get rid of it?
Just installed Nextcloud and I get the exact same message. I have decided to ignore it for now as the App seems to be working just fine. (If a little slow.)
Higgins12

Post by Higgins12 »

Same here. Though once you go to the updater it will tell you that there's no update. I have no idea if or when updates to the Asustor App will or will not come so once again i decided to use a Nextcloud Docker Container. Easy to install once you figured it out :D besides that it's much faster then the App
scottnzuk

Post by scottnzuk »

So I did alittle digging and its a know bug with no direct upgrade path. they have already fixed in next version.

https://help.nextcloud.com/t/confusion- ... ate/3773/5

In short, its broken till next full updated version is loaded onto app store.
jauling

Post by jauling »

You can use the manual upgrade method to upgrade the nextcloud app from 10.0.0 to 10.0.1. I followed the instructions, and the upgrade was successful. Now I properly get prompted that nextCloud 10.0.6 is available in the GUI. I was able to update to 10.0.6 in the GUI successfully as well.

Now, to back it up and try to go to version 11, and if that works, then try to move up to 12!

Return to “Nextcloud”