Nextcloud 16.0.1 APKG

Nextcloud is an open source, self-hosted file sync and share and communication app platform. Access & sync your files, contacts, calendars & communicate and collaborate across your devices. You decide what happens with your data, where it is and who can access it!

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Mr Nilsen
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: Nextcloud 16.0.1 APKG

Post by Mr Nilsen »

Thank you for the last post :D it really helped a lot.

have you any easy answer to fix this issues?

-MySQL is used as database but does not support 4-byte characters. To be able to handle 4-byte characters (like emojis) without issues in filenames or comments for example it is recommended to enable the 4-byte support in MySQL. For further details read the documentation page about this.
-Your web server is not properly set up to resolve "/.well-known/caldav". Further information can be found in the documentation.
-Your web server is not properly set up to resolve "/.well-known/carddav". Further information can be found in the documentation.
-The PHP OPcache module is not loaded. For better performance it is recommended to load it into your PHP installation.
Bennas

Post by Bennas »

Hi !
A simple question : has anyone successfully set up nextcloud 16 with mySql/MariaDB (running MariaDB from ADM) ?

I'm stuck with

Code: Select all

Error while trying to create admin user: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory
Thanks !
Bennas

Post by Bennas »

After messing around for a few hours, I finally found the solution. I looked at the jeedom package because I knew it was also running on docker and using a database. The installation notes do say something about MariaDB running on ADM and it indeed solved my problem :
1. Please create a database in MariaDB by using phpmyadmin to create a username: jeedom[nextcloud for instance], and has the permission of database "jeedom" [or nextcloud or...].
2. Please enable MariaDB remote access from ADM\Services\MariaDB.
3. Input NAS IP as database hostname and use correspoding MariaDB database name, username and password you setup while initializing Jeedom[nextcloud]
I found you have to allow access to the Docker IP (172.17.0.2 in my case) for the username/database in phpmyadmin. If you don't know the IP adress, it should be displayed in the error message when you try saving your settings on Nextcloud's setup page.

Hope this helps many more happy users...
Thanks for the APKG !
lordtech

Post by lordtech »

Bennas wrote:After messing around for a few hours, I finally found the solution. I looked at the jeedom package because I knew it was also running on docker and using a database. The installation notes do say something about MariaDB running on ADM and it indeed solved my problem :
1. Please create a database in MariaDB by using phpmyadmin to create a username: jeedom[nextcloud for instance], and has the permission of database "jeedom" [or nextcloud or...].
2. Please enable MariaDB remote access from ADM\Services\MariaDB.
3. Input NAS IP as database hostname and use correspoding MariaDB database name, username and password you setup while initializing Jeedom[nextcloud]
I found you have to allow access to the Docker IP (172.17.0.2 in my case) for the username/database in phpmyadmin. If you don't know the IP adress, it should be displayed in the error message when you try saving your settings on Nextcloud's setup page.

Hope this helps many more happy users...
Thanks for the APKG !
Hi!, I am facing same issue. How do you allow access to the Docker for the username/database in phpmyadmin?
Bennas

Post by Bennas »

Hi,
in phpMyAdmin > User accounts tab
Create a new user with the same name and set the "Host name" to the IP you need.

(same can be done if you select your nextcloud db and use the "privileges" tab. (or something similar since my UI is not in English).

Hope this clears things out.
Cheers,
Bennas
lordtech

Post by lordtech »

Bennas wrote:Hi,
in phpMyAdmin > User accounts tab
Create a new user with the same name and set the "Host name" to the IP you need.

(same can be done if you select your nextcloud db and use the "privileges" tab. (or something similar since my UI is not in English).

Hope this clears things out.
Cheers,
Bennas
Great! that did the trick! Thank... :D :D

Why this is not documented whatsoever??. Really frustrated---- :evil: :evil:
Bennas

Post by Bennas »

Greeat ! Happy New Year ! :)
TinCanFury

Post by TinCanFury »

How does one "restart" the Nextcloud app from the CLI?

nevermind, config.php changes are automatically reloaded with each new request!
TinCanFury

Post by TinCanFury »

nevermind, after some time it started working, perhaps something with how the ASUSTOR apache2 installation is configured.

anyone know how to get https access working? I can connect via http, but https,

This page isn’t working <domainname>.com didn’t send any data.
ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE
if I try locally via IP dirctly,
192.168.1.151:443

[an error occurred while processing this directive][an error occurred while processing this directive]
Bad request!
Your browser (or proxy) sent a request that this server could not understand.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 400
localhost
Mon Apr 20 13:26:08 2020
Apache
andreiu

Post by andreiu »

Thanks CryZ.
It works on AS5102T. So far so good.
fritzboxuser wrote:works perfect,
maybe you can add the information in startppost to convert the database with utf8mb4 so that unicode smiles work in nextcloud
( ALTER DATABASE nextcloud CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_general_ci; )
or create a new one with utf8mb4 format
Is this important ? Don't know what exactly is "unicode smiles" and where it is used.
Does anyone know how to manually connect to the built-in MariaDB to execute the alter command ? Is it tested and safe ?

Thanks !
@ndrei
AS5102T, RAID1

Return to “Nextcloud”