It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:24 pm
All times are UTC + 8 hours

Remote Access

Nextcloud is an open source, self-hosted file sync and share and communication app platform. Access & sync your files, contacts, calendars & communicate and collaborate across your devices. You decide what happens with your data, where it is and who can access it!

Re: Remote Access

Postby orion » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:17 am

DrMartinus wrote:Since there is no reply (yet), I add a little more information:

I tried turning the webserver off and on, no difference. I cannot access any website by just entering the IP address of the NAS within the local network. I now wonder, if this is due to the fact that I just took out the HDDs from the previous Asustor-NAS and put them into the new one. In several howto's it said that this would be the way, but maybe something went wrong there. Should I reset the system? If so, what should I backup?
I was surprised also that no USB drive is being recognised by the NAS. That may be relevant when it comes to the backup... I'm at a loss and would be happy if anyone can help me.

You should NOT reset your NAS.
mm.. I would suggest to check the failure when entering the IP address of the NAS within the local network first. After fixed, check remote accesses. I guess that your local IP address is changed. Did you use ACC to find your new NAS IP on LAN?
orion

Postby DrMartinus » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:59 pm

I apologize for not having replied for so long, I was just not able to look into the problem.
What das ACC stand for?
According to the rooter, the IP address hasn't changed, unless you mean the external IP address, that changes every 24 hours, for that I use a DDNS service which also says (within the Asustor box) that it has checked out fine. Yet I can't access any webservice hosted on the box, except for ADM.
Asustor AS6104T
DrMartinus

Postby orion » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:46 am

ACC means a tool called Asustor Control Center. The tool can find NAS on your LAN.
Ok, you can access ADM on LAN, but failed on your webserver. That should mean network settings are correct. You can ignore ACC check. You should check if your applications (ADM web page -> App Central) is disabled or not. You may need to "re-install" all of your applications after you migrate the old NAS to a new NAS.
orion

Previous

Return to Nextcloud