Use Docker to Spoof Folder Names for PhotoPrism

Docker containers wrap a piece of software in a complete filesystem that contains everything needed to run: code, runtime, system tools, system libraries – anything that can be installed on a server. This guarantees that the software will always run the same, regardless of its environment.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

trailpixie
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Use Docker to Spoof Folder Names for PhotoPrism

Post by trailpixie »

I have no idea how to approach this, but I am thinking Docker might be the place.

I am trying to use PhotoPrism as a photo browsing software for my catalog of over a hundred thousand images. The images are organized into a slightly complicated folder hierarchy that breaks the organizational model of PhotoPrism that relies on the file's immediate parent container for its flat folder structure. I use my folder structure to convey some basic metadata with folder and file naming. This isn't compatible with the way people think about files in the age of metadata and mobile photography.

Here's the problem: The result of this situation is that in PhotoPrism, every folder for every photo turns out being called "jpg." See my screen shot to see why.

I need the folders to point to the parent of that jpg folder. I do not want to permanently change the structure of my folders (such big changes scare me on such large data sets) I am looking for a way to create a temporary alias that is presented to PhotoPrism. It seems that since docker sits between the file system and PhotoPrism, it might be the place to do it.

Any ideas?

p.s. I have managed to use a feature of PhotoPrism to filter out the raw files.
Attachments
folder-heirarchy.JPG
folder-heirarchy.JPG (52.33 KiB) Viewed 1864 times

Return to “Docker”