Docker can become unresponsive, but containers continue to run

Docker containers wrap a piece of software in a complete filesystem that contains everything needed to run: code, runtime, system tools, system libraries – anything that can be installed on a server. This guarantees that the software will always run the same, regardless of its environment.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

ilike2burnthing
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: Docker can become unresponsive, but containers continue to run

Post by ilike2burnthing »

A lot of back and forth over the last week. Project manager says they can't reproduce the issue (although how long they tested for is unclear). Last reply I got today:
I forwarded your entire message and copied ASUSTOR's CEO.
So, hi Shawn Shu apparently...
Nazar78

Re: Docker can become unresponsive, but containers continue to run

Post by Nazar78 »

If the NAS is being used as normal storage then there should be no issue unless:

1. There's some huge backup jobs running concurrently.

2. NAS used as a web/file server handling lots of traffic.

3. Heavy torrenting.

4. Worst all above combined.

I believe this is just the default ulimit for normal usage. To go beyond, the ulimit needs to be raised accordingly, to a point that it wouldn't compromise the performance/security. It would be great if Asustor would provide an option to increase the default system wide soft/hard ulimit at boot because there's no way of currently modifying it without patching the initramfs. Of course one could modify them i.e. using the simple script I've provided earlier.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response

Return to “Docker”