Syncthing !

Syncthing replaces proprietary sync and cloud services with something open, trustworthy and decentralized. Your data is your data alone and you deserve to choose where it is stored, if it is shared with some third party and how it's transmitted over the Internet.

Note:
Syncthing will use the port 8384 for GUI management, and port 22000 for Sync protocol.
Please make sure to open the port forwarding via the ADM\Ease of Access\EZ router.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

liefde
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Syncthing !

Post by liefde »

This app totally blows BTsync, owncloud, and many others out of the water!

Please, can someone script https://syncthing.net/ for Asustor 6xx x64 models?
We've been using syncthing at work, similar to this story: https://forum.syncthing.net/t/getting-s ... nts/1429/2
Especially the multi-user with each user using his/her own config and storage dir via
systemctl start syncthing@<username>
would be amazing. That way it can handle private permissions & security, shield user dirs from others, or share folders between users on the same NAS via each user's own instance of Syncthing's webGUI.
Problem is, the (silly) ADM linux doesn't offer anything like systemctl. Gotta work on this, ASUSTOR!

The option to prioritize the pull for Newest files is perfect, so much quicker and more reliable than btsync or any other cloud-storage's vague system.
mafredri

Re: Syncthing !

Post by mafredri »

I was thinking of rolling an app for Syncthing a while back, but didn't bother when it refused to work properly when I tested it out locally. I could have another look at it when I have some time.
Hi, I'm new here. Looking to be active in the community and help with development :).
Storage: AS-604T with 3GB RAM (Kingston KVR1333D3S8S9/2G)
liefde

Post by liefde »

mafredri wrote:I was thinking of rolling an app for Syncthing a while back, but didn't bother when it refused to work properly when I tested it out locally. I could have another look at it when I have some time.
Hi, yes please!

If you can get it to offer users each their config and instance on these NASes, that would be a total winner.
I'm inclined to offer you payment if you can bring us this app. Do you accept donations?
damien599901

Post by damien599901 »

+1 for Syncthing
merci Mathias !!! ;)
Storage: AS7004T & AS5002T
Network: FREEBOX REVOLUTION V6
Laptop: Apple MACBOOK Pro OS X El Capitan & Windows 10
Media Player: ASUSTOR NAS with Kodi 16 Beta & HD_Engine 1 (thanks Fathe_Mande)
Portable: iPhone 6S Plus, iPad Mini 2 & iPad Air
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

liefde wrote:If you can get it to offer users each their config and instance on these NASes, that would be a total winner.
I guess for this to work you need to run multiple instances of Syncthing on different ports? It can be a bit problematic, but I'll see what I can do about it. It would be nice to provide the same kind of integration as Asustor does for e.g. Dropbox and Google Drive, unfortunately they haven't opened up an API for hooking into the ADM Web Interface :(.
liefde wrote:I'm inclined to offer you payment if you can bring us this app. Do you accept donations?
I have never been offered before, I will think about it, thanks :).
Hi, I'm new here. Looking to be active in the community and help with development :).
damien599901

Post by damien599901 »

mafredri wrote:
liefde wrote:I'm inclined to offer you payment if you can bring us this app. Do you accept donations?
I have never been offered before, I will think about it, thanks :).
i agree ! great work for the other apps mafredi !
Storage: AS7004T & AS5002T
Network: FREEBOX REVOLUTION V6
Laptop: Apple MACBOOK Pro OS X El Capitan & Windows 10
Media Player: ASUSTOR NAS with Kodi 16 Beta & HD_Engine 1 (thanks Fathe_Mande)
Portable: iPhone 6S Plus, iPad Mini 2 & iPad Air
petrobras

Post by petrobras »

Is somebody have instruction how install syncthing at NAS, I have 606T.
Any help will be greeting.
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

petrobras wrote:Is somebody have instruction how install syncthing at NAS, I have 606T.
Any help will be greeting.
How about downloading the binary to the NAS and running it? It should run without modifications.
liefde

Post by liefde »

Just running the binary? What binary? Which version of it?
And as root/admin?
Does it have an asustor init script?
Does it run after boot? Because it should.
Does every user have to have access to it?
What folders have the correct permissions set to store synced data in or from?
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

liefde wrote:Just running the binary? What binary? Which version of it?
And as root/admin?
Does it have an asustor init script?
Does it run after boot? Because it should.
Does every user have to have access to it?
What folders have the correct permissions set to store synced data in or from?
There is no Asustor app for Syncthing, I'm talking about the binary available from the Syncthing website. Unfortunately that also means there is currently no answer to your questions. I was referring to more of a "do-it-yourself" approach.

Return to “Syncthing”