Access rights outside docker

Syncthing replaces proprietary sync and cloud services with something open, trustworthy and decentralized. Your data is your data alone and you deserve to choose where it is stored, if it is shared with some third party and how it's transmitted over the Internet.

Note:
Syncthing will use the port 8384 for GUI management, and port 22000 for Sync protocol.
Please make sure to open the port forwarding via the ADM\Ease of Access\EZ router.
hertie
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Access rights outside docker

Post by hertie »

Hi all,

I have a new and old Asustor NAS and Syncthing (docker version) installed on both. On the new maschine I use a SSD (drive 1) with the OS and all apps like docker, Syncthing etc running on it. I created folder on a second HDD (drive 2) which I want to use to store synced folders there.

I found out that I can not create, or write via Syncthing on drive 2. The standard folder on Drive 1 works fine. Now I do not know how to give Syncthing access rights to read and write in the Sync Folder on drive 2. Any idea?

Regards,
hertie
Nazar78

Re: Access rights outside docker

Post by Nazar78 »

Firstly, how did you expose the 2nd drive to the container? Volume mount? The 2nd drive directory that you intended to use should have the same ownership and permission as the 1st drive.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
hertie

Re: Access rights outside docker

Post by hertie »

Well, my post was little premature. I had applied the drive 2 folder the same read and write rights as the docker folder. It did not work. A reboot did the job and after that the newly assinged rigths worked. Syncthing is now working as expected.

Return to “Syncthing”