Problem connecting to Syncthing

Syncthing replaces proprietary sync and cloud services with something open, trustworthy and decentralized. Your data is your data alone and you deserve to choose where it is stored, if it is shared with some third party and how it's transmitted over the Internet.

Note:
Syncthing will use the port 8384 for GUI management, and port 22000 for Sync protocol.
Please make sure to open the port forwarding via the ADM\Ease of Access\EZ router.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Royco
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Problem connecting to Syncthing

Post by Royco »

Hi everyone,

I am trying to use Syncthing to synchronise folders between my phone, PC and NAS. I have installed the Syncthing app on my NAS through ADM App Central with no problem. When I click on the Syncthing icon it requires a username and a password but I don't know what they are. The username and password used to login to ADM don't work. I have enabled Syncthing with EZ-Connect but it still doesn't work.

My guess is that I simply forgot to configure something but I don't know what...

Any ideas of what is happening ?

Thanks,
Royco
father.mande

Re: Problem connecting to Syncthing

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

default user is admin ... and password is your password BUT this is password AT INSTALLATION TIME of Syncthing ... so if you change password after it is NOT modified by start-stop shell script (as I know)
I can't test my labs is out for a week

At all if you want to cancel any user / password do :
cd /usr/locall/AppCentral/Syncthing/.config/syncthing/
and modify the config.xml (take care to create a copy before)
... in gui section ... suppress user and password field and restart Syncthing ... no more user / password require THEN reenter if needed a user and password in the GUI web interface

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
Royco

Re: Problem connecting to Syncthing

Post by Royco »

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the quick answer, it worked ! I was able to enter the GUI interface and set up a new password.

Is there a way to mark the question as solved ?

Thanks again,
Royco

Return to “Syncthing”