Netdata is
Real-time performance monitoring, done right! http://netdata.firehol.org

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Shawn.S@AST
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: netdata : Real-time performance monitoring

Post by Shawn.S@AST »

Hi Mike,

Once you sign up for the beta firmware, it will automatically downloading. It looks like the following in Chrome:
擷取.PNG
擷取.PNG (22.91 KiB) Viewed 6469 times
fabo

Post by fabo »

MikeG.6.5 wrote: I just saw in the beta that eglibc gets upgraded to glibc 2.22 which means that NetData does require 2.6 based on the errors I saw when trying to start it in PuTTY.
Too bad, actually. I had hopes that this was going to work with the stable release.
glibc provides an ABI backward compatible. Meaning, a program built with eglibc 2.13 should work fine on glibc 2.22. If netdata package is built for ADM 2.5, it will work for ADM 2.6 beta users. I suspect the package provided by Shawn is built against ADM 2.6/glibc 2.22 and that's why we see these errors.
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

Shawn.S@AST wrote:Hi Mike,

Once you sign up for the beta firmware, it will automatically downloading. It looks like the following in Chrome:
擷取.PNG
That's the screen I got in Edge and Firefox, and then nothing else. I don't have Chrome installed on either of my laptops, and not going to put it on now...

I'll do it on the NAS with Philippe's HDMI interface! :)

Got it running now. And have this set of reporting tools running, too, which is great!
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

NetData has a couple of updates out now, since Quote made the installer for it. How would we go about doing the updates? Can we go through the GitHub installer process or do we need to wait for Quote to repackage it?

There is an update in particular just made last night that I'm very interested in trying. The apps_group.conf didn't support the ./Plex Media Server app, which is how Plex names itself when doing a ps command in a PuTTY or terminal session. An update pushed last night now allows for this file to contain a line like this:

plex: "./Plex Media Server"

This allows Plex itself to be a discreetly tracked application in the resource tracking.

So I'm very interested in how this can be updated. :)

Return to “Netdata”