New NetData with some key updates available.

Netdata is
Real-time performance monitoring, done right! http://netdata.firehol.org

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

MikeG.6.5
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

New NetData with some key updates available.

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

Based on a ticket I created regarding the NetData logs, Quote Lin with Asustor's Tech and R&D departments created a new updated NetData. This version supposedly includes the log file rotations, as well as a few things I suggested to be included from the original developer.

You can get this new NetData and manually install it from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ncqw8cnn8h5uf ... 4.apk?dl=0

I asked Quote about posting this link, and he said it was fine. He also said they are going to try pushing this out to the App Central repository soon, so if you would rather wait, that's your choice. BTW, if you included any of the apps I have found to monitor, you will need to include those in the appropriate config files. See the link in this forum for more information.
dhstsw

Re: New NetData with some key updates available.

Post by dhstsw »

Thx but not installable on my system (AS304T).

It says it's not compatible.
AS-304T
If you own a series 2/3/6 Asustor it's very likely you won't get XBMC 13.x/Kodi.
But easily you'll end buying a kitchen from UK.
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

I'm sorry, but NetData is a 64-bit application and won't run on the 32-bit models, such as the 20X or 30X Asustor made. I guess I should have made that clear when I posted this. Sorry... I don't know if the original developer even has a 32-bit version available. If he does, you can try creating a ticket with Asustor about porting over the 32-bit to work on those models.

Seriously, though... those smaller models already have memory and CPU issues, so the added over-head of NetData might be enough to really slow down an already struggling system. Before you think about installing it, ask yourself if the NAS has the power you really feel it should have.
dhstsw

Post by dhstsw »

Well, Asustor made avaiable as a beta a previous version something like 6 weeks ago and it works fine on my system; hope they will release an update for my tiny machine too :)
AS-304T
If you own a series 2/3/6 Asustor it's very likely you won't get XBMC 13.x/Kodi.
But easily you'll end buying a kitchen from UK.
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

hehe, well, I got the version I posted by creating a ticket, so that might be worth while. I didn't know they had a 32-bit version out, so disregard my comments above! :)

There is some big computing show this next week, I think, though. It might take a while to get them working on it.

Return to “Netdata”