[APKG 3.0.6 droidmote] FULL Remote Control for x86_64 Asportal / Desktop_Engine

Droidmote can be used for keyboard and mouse control for following ASUSTOR apps:
Asportal
hx-engine (Desktop_Engine)
Kodi, PlexHomeTheater and OpenPHT (even working in keyboard approach)

Instruction: http://forum.asustor.com/viewtopic.php? ... ote#p24469

Note: the droidmote client and the NAS must be in the same local network.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

AS6404T user
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: [APKG 3.0.6 droidmote] FULL Remote Control for x86_64 Asportal / Desktop_Engine

Post by AS6404T user »

father.mande wrote:Hi,

1 droidmote is delivered with executable right positioned

Code: Select all

-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       40.3K Jan 16  2019 droidmote
... so no need to change access right with chmod

2 when using start-stop script the LD_PATH is positioned if you want to do it yourself in a ssh terminal do : (so all lib needed will be added ... )

source /usr/local/AppCentral/droidmote/CONTROL/env.sh
3 for segfault, please provide last lines from syslog : dmesg command in a terminal

In my own (and unique NAS with Asportal) 3.0.2 and 3.0.6 works as well (A.D.M. 3.4.5.RBJ3)

[/volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/droidmote] # ./droidmote --version

DroidMote Server 3.0.6
This software is intended for personal use.
Use for any commercial purpose must be communicated to info@videomap.it

Usage:  ./droidmote <SERVER PORT> <SERVER PASSWORD>
[/volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/droidmote] # ps -eaf | grep droidmote
root      2034     1  0 09:08 pts/2    00:00:00 /usr/local/AppCentral/droidmote/droidmote 3302 asusfr1
root     16640 23532  0 09:32 pts/2    00:00:00 grep droidmote
[/volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/droidmote] #
4 apkg :
droidmote_3.0.6_x86-64.apk.zip
Philippe.
Thanks again for a quick reply!

I have now figured out why droidmote segfaulted, and it was because I'm running the VPN client (not server). If I disconnect the VPN tunnel in the Network interface before I start droidmote and then reconnect everything works fine.

Thanks also for the link to the new 3.0.6 version. It works fine, though the start_for_vpn|restart_for_vpn commands in start-stop.sh do not of course work with the VPN client.

I am very happy with the performance of droidmote. The cursor responds at once, unlike AiRemote where there is a 10 seconds delay. See my post here for more on this:

viewtopic.php?f=85&t=10662#p34349

Two more questions:

1. Is there a way to start droidmote at boot time, before the VPN client (or server) starts up?

2. What is the purpose of the droidmote install option "enable port forwarding"? It doesn't seem to make a difference if I check it or not in my case.
father.mande

Re: [APKG 3.0.6 droidmote] FULL Remote Control for x86_64 Asportal / Desktop_Engine

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
Two more questions:
1. Is there a way to start droidmote at boot time, before the VPN client (or server) starts up?
2. What is the purpose of the droidmote install option "enable port forwarding"? It doesn't seem to make a difference if I check it or not in my case.
Q1
I don't know if some method exist to change the start order
... it's seems it's based on APKG base order by time when installed ... but some exception can exist for Asustor APKG

Please can you post here the APKG you use ... I will extract it to know where are the start-up script and ADD a similar option as VPN server to first stop the client, start droidmote, then restart the client automatically

I have send ticket (or a mail I don't remember) to Asustor on this problem (because on other NAS brand ... no problem at all ... AND because I have not spend lot of time to understand the technical problem ...)
LAST I use all the time VPN, but I use it in bridge mode and server mode directly with my Linux router ... so not a lot of experience with Asustor offer
Q2
in APKG you can define the default port used as an upnp IGP request for router / box to automatically forward the port from external (Internet) to Internal LAN
... in the case of droidmote is more usual to don't forward the port and use it ONLY in your own network (LAN/Wifi)
... if you want to use droidmote from external (ex. through 4G) you can forward the port BUT you must know how to configure and use it (and it's not so simple)
To be honest, I add this, because I think it's a possibility BUT reality is : the best is to NOT use it ... so perhaps if I have time, I will suppress it ...
FOR THE MOMENT the RECOMMENDATION is don't check this option during install.

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
AS6404T user

Post by AS6404T user »

Q1
I don't know if some method exist to change the start order
... it's seems it's based on APKG base order by time when installed ... but some exception can exist for Asustor APKG

Please can you post here the APKG you use ... I will extract it to know where are the start-up script and ADD a similar option as VPN server to first stop the client, start droidmote, then restart the client automatically
That would be great. What do you mean by the APKG I use? Some file, and where can I find it? Or just the apkg version (2.3.0)?
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Hum! no more information are needed ...
I never used Asustor VPN, nor as server (APKG) and no more as client ... so I think it's APKG when in fact it's integrated to network settings (F.Y.I. I used VPN bridge directly in my Linux router)
I don't know if a specific script exist for starting / stopping CLIENT in NAS ... I have to check (I build a prototype ... but have problem my tunnel is created as well and address assigned ... but I can't use it ... )

So please for the moment, after a reboot, disconnect in network setting / network interface, start (or restart droidmote, then reconnect the tunnel)

I will made some test to see what is necessary, perhaps a simple down of the link will be enough ...

Be patient.

Philippe.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

After playing with vpn client, I hope get a solution, unfortunately like with server, the solution close the vpn client connection, start droidmote then reconnect vpn client. BUT if it's at boot time ... I think it's acceptable.

If this solution is acceptable for you, I will generate an update for droidmote A.S.A.P.

Philippe.
AS6404T user

Post by AS6404T user »

After playing with vpn client, I hope get a solution, unfortunately like with server, the solution close the vpn client connection, start droidmote then reconnect vpn client. BUT if it's at boot time ... I think it's acceptable.

If this solution is acceptable for you, I will generate an update for droidmote A.S.A.P.

Philippe.
Sounds good, particularly if you can get it to work at boot time.
eat your potato

Post by eat your potato »

Thanks for the app, the touchpad is super reactive, way better than AiRemote.
But just a small caveats: when I use the keyboard, it's in qwerty but my keyboard is an azerty. The doc on videomap forum says that the keyboard layout must be set on the server gui, but how to do it on the NAS with only a ssh acces ?
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Hum! I have to test if some new Xorg (Asustor delivery) change somethings ...
I provide the DMS keyboard def. from Droidmote dev. to get the International layout support for X11 ...

Be sure to run a test of Droidmote using the start-stop.sh script (Enable /Disable in App. Central) because it's at this time (or after a reboot) that I set the X11 edev def.

Philippe.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

After some tests and search ... due to the fact I use a Qwerty keyboard for development ... I can help you to get a better support of French keyboard (except for accentuated characters like éèàç ...)
So if you use only file name and web search without this limited series of characters ... all work fine (including characters composed with <alt gr>)

Perhaps a combination exist to add this accentuated characters but ... I never works on layout before ... so I need some delay ...

SO : as I write before I add the "dms" layout (international) specially build for DroidMote BUT also work as well with real Keyboard, so the solution is to change the keyboard layout (from us or fr to ... dms)

To do it :
in an ADM ssh terminal using root / your_admin_password :

XORG_PATH=/usr/local/AppCentral/xorg
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${XORG_PATH}/lib:${XORG_PATH}/usr/lib
setxkbmap  -query (actual layout)
setxkbmap dms
setxkbmap -query (now dms must be the layout)
unset LD_LIBRARY_PATH
OR
same can be done to return to layout fr or us or ...
in myHD

myHD_user astr
setxkbmap dms
exit
OR you can change the droidmote start-stop script to add this change automatically at droidmote start.
edit : /usr/local/AppCentral/droidmote/CONTROL/start-stop.sh
add : setxkbmap dms after start_daemon) and return to your preferred value after stop_daemon)

Philippe.

Return to “Droidmote”