[APKG 3.0.6 droidmote] FULL Remote Control for x86_64 Asportal / Desktop_Engine

Droidmote can be used for keyboard and mouse control for following ASUSTOR apps:
Asportal
hx-engine (Desktop_Engine)
Kodi, PlexHomeTheater and OpenPHT (even working in keyboard approach)

Instruction: http://forum.asustor.com/viewtopic.php? ... ote#p24469

Note: the droidmote client and the NAS must be in the same local network.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

father.mande
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: [APKG 3.0.2 droidmote] FULL Remote Control for x86_64 Asportal / Desktop_Engine

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

I have discover a problem with DroidMote ... that generate a segfault in some case ...
... the reason is : if Asustor VPN is running (mine is with OpenVPN only ... ) ... DroidMote fail with "segfault" (visible in dmesg output)
... if VPN is temporary disabled (not need to uninstall it) ... DroidMote start as expected and run as well ...

I have NO IDEA of the reason and no idea if it's possible to bind the application to the "normal" I.P. or list of I.P. ... I will search

So for the moment ... TWO workarounds are possible :
1 : is to stop using Asustor VPN server (just disabled it) then start or restart DroidMote ...
2 : SAME ... but you can restart the VPN server AFTER DroidMote is started ... so you get the two working ...

I am not sure to be able to force running DroidMote BEFORE VPN server ... it's an internal mechanism ... and I don't know all elements ...

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
Darkmagister

Re: [APKG 3.0.2 droidmote] FULL Remote Control for x86_64 Asportal / Desktop_Engine

Post by Darkmagister »

yes the problem was the same for me, i was trying to enable droidmote while i have vpn enabled

now i've disabled vpn, enabled droidmote, enabled vpn and it's working

thanks a lot, yes i probably have to do this at every restart i think at least until we don't have a solution but it's ok for now, thanks again
AS6404T
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
Darkmagister wrote:yes the problem was the same for me, i was trying to enable droidmote while i have vpn enabled
now i've disabled vpn, enabled droidmote, enabled vpn and it's working
thanks a lot, yes i probably have to do this at every restart i think at least until we don't have a solution but it's ok for now, thanks again
I have open a ticket ... because this problem can appear also, perhaps, for other application ...
I will work on a command to do it
... automatically at start of droidmote
... or manually with a simple command ...

This will be include in next release 3.0.6 ... soon

Philippe.
father.mande

Re: [APKG 3.0.6 droidmote] FULL Remote Control for x86_64 Asportal / Desktop_Engine

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

New update DroidMote 3.0.6 : Please read carefully ... try to solve cohabitation with Asustor VPN_Server

[Version]
3.0.6 (Update of Fresh Install)
... look at dev site for changelog
... ... visible change are :
... ... ... no more require Xorg libraries
... ... ... Add specific keyboard layout (not sure of the usage ??? )
... APKG change : ATTENTION due to a problem with Asustor VPN-Server
... ... DroidMote can't start (crash) if VPN-Server is active
... ... ... Disable it or postpone DroidMote installation
... ... ... IF VPN-server is active and Enable ... at first start (just after install or update) ... Droidmote Disable vpn_server, start then enable vpn_server
... ... ... A new console start-stop parameter will be added if for any reason you want to start or restart DroidMote when VPN-server is installed and Enable

Code: Select all

# /usr/local/AppCentral/droidmote/CONTROL/start-stop.sh
Usage:
 ... /usr/local/AppCentral/droidmote/CONTROL/start-stop.sh {start|stop|restart}
 ... /usr/local/AppCentral/droidmote/CONTROL/start-stop.sh {start_for_vpn|restart_for_vpn}
 ... ... ... if VPN is installed and Enable, Disabled it, start or restart droidmote, Enable VPN again
 ... ... ... if VPN is not installed or Disable, do a simple start or restart of droidmote
====== NOW DroidMote will start BEFORE VPN_Server ... so normally at boot ... no more problem ... (I hope)

Download : https://www.father-mande.ovh/phpBB3/vie ... p=2113#p15

Philippe.
Darkmagister

Re: [APKG 3.0.6 droidmote] FULL Remote Control for x86_64 Asportal / Desktop_Engine

Post by Darkmagister »

Thanks, it's working now :D
AS6404T
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
Darkmagister wrote:Thanks, it's working now :D
Yes ... I hope :lol: (even I can't be able to test all configuration) ... but the Asustor support ticket is open ... because a workaround is not a long term solution .
I have some exchange with support team engineer ... ... wait and see

Philippe.
AS6404T user

Post by AS6404T user »

So how do I activate the droidmote server after installation?

I installed it on my NAS and installed the droidmote client on my android phone. However, the client cannot see the server, even though I enter the correct port and local IP address.

The AIRemote app on the same phone can see the NAS, so it is not a network problem.

Do I need to install som other software not included in the droidmote server package?
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
AS6404T user wrote:So how do I activate the droidmote server after installation?
I installed it on my NAS and installed the droidmote client on my android phone. However, the client cannot see the server, even though I enter the correct port and local IP address.
The AIRemote app on the same phone can see the NAS, so it is not a network problem.
Do I need to install som other software not included in the droidmote server package?
Hum! ... normally no more things are require
The know problem (at this time the only known) with Asustor is if you use Asustor VPN ... preventing droidmote to run

workaround cane be :
stop VPN for the duration of using droidmote (always local)
OR try
/usr/local/AppCentral/droidmote/CONTROL/start-stop.sh {start_for_vpn|restart_for_vpn} ... choice one ...
the purpose is :
Usage:
... ./CONTROL/start-stop.sh {start|stop|restart}
... ./CONTROL/start-stop.sh {start_for_vpn|restart_for_vpn}
... ... ... if VPN is installed and Enable, Disabled it, start or restart droidmote, Enable VPN again
... ... ... if VPN is not installed or Disable, do a simple start or restart of droidmote
starting (or restarting) VPN after droidmote seem in some A.D.M. version to solve the problem ...

log of droidmote are in /tmp/droidmote.log

I can't redo a test with my Asustor before 10 to 15 days ... I am in travel and not near my NAS.

Philippe.
AS6404T user

Post by AS6404T user »

father.mande wrote:Hi,
AS6404T user wrote:So how do I activate the droidmote server after installation?
Hum! ... normally no more things are require
The know problem (at this time the only known) with Asustor is if you use Asustor VPN ... preventing droidmote to run

workaround cane be :
stop VPN for the duration of using droidmote (always local)
OR try
/usr/local/AppCentral/droidmote/CONTROL/start-stop.sh {start_for_vpn|restart_for_vpn} ... choice one ...
the purpose is :
Usage:
... ./CONTROL/start-stop.sh {start|stop|restart}
... ./CONTROL/start-stop.sh {start_for_vpn|restart_for_vpn}
starting (or restarting) VPN after droidmote seem in some A.D.M. version to solve the problem ...

log of droidmote are in /tmp/droidmote.log

I can't redo a test with my Asustor before 10 to 15 days ... I am in travel and not near my NAS.

Philippe.
Thanks for the quick reply. I have now done some further testing, and there are several issues, some of which have been solved:

First, I didn't realize that you have to ssh into the NAS and start the server manually or hack the startup files. However, I found this README file in the droidmote directory which explains this:
DroidMote Server for Linux 3.0.2 x64

How to start the server:

Disable the firewall on port 2302
chmod 777 ./droidmote
sudo su
./droidmote 2302 password

How to start the server at boot time: (you can use also an alternative configuration, but you must start droidmote afte

get root permission with sudo su
copy droidmote to /usr/bin
chmod 777 /usr/bin/droidmote
create a shell script startdm.sh in /usr/bin

-----------------------------
the content of startdm.sh is:
#!/bin/sh
droidmote 2302 password &
-----------------------------

chmod +x /usr/bin/startdm.sh
edit the file /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf and add the line: greeter-setup-script=/usr/bin/startdm.sh
restart your machine
So I followed the instructions and typed (from the droidmote directory):

chmod 777 ./droidmote
sudo su
./droidmote 2302 asusfr1

However, this did not work since droidmote could not find libX11.so.6:

./droidmote: error while loading shared libraries: libX11.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

After some poking around inside the NAS, I found the X11 libraries, which are stuck away in /usr/local/AppCentral/xorg/usr/lib.

So I added that path:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/AppCentral/xorg/usr/lib

Now droidmote finds the libraries and starts, but immediately segfaults:

Waiting for incoming connections on ip:
Segmentation fault

Since the droidmote version in AppCentral is the old 3.0.2 and you are now at 3.0.6, I decided to try the newer version to see if I would have better luck with it. However, the download link that you provided above:

https://www.father-mande.ovh/phpBB3/vie ... 1&t=15#p15

goes to an empty page with the message:

"Due to the lack of activities on this forum, this one will close"

So to sum it up, I have two questions:

1. Why do you think that droidmote 3.0.2 segfaults? Am I doing something wrong, or is something missing?

2. Is the newer 3.0.6 version available somewhere for testing?

Edit: I checked /tmp/droidmote.log as you suggested, but the file is empty.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

1 droidmote is delivered with executable right positioned

-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       40.3K Jan 16  2019 droidmote
... so no need to change access right with chmod

2 when using start-stop script the LD_PATH is positioned if you want to do it yourself in a ssh terminal do : (so all lib needed will be added ... )

source /usr/local/AppCentral/droidmote/CONTROL/env.sh
3 for segfault, please provide last lines from syslog : dmesg command in a terminal

In my own (and unique NAS with Asportal) 3.0.2 and 3.0.6 works as well (A.D.M. 3.4.5.RBJ3)

[/volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/droidmote] # ./droidmote --version

DroidMote Server 3.0.6
This software is intended for personal use.
Use for any commercial purpose must be communicated to info@videomap.it

Usage:  ./droidmote <SERVER PORT> <SERVER PASSWORD>
[/volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/droidmote] # ps -eaf | grep droidmote
root      2034     1  0 09:08 pts/2    00:00:00 /usr/local/AppCentral/droidmote/droidmote 3302 asusfr1
root     16640 23532  0 09:32 pts/2    00:00:00 grep droidmote
[/volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/droidmote] #
4 apkg :
droidmote_3.0.6_x86-64.apk.zip
(89.54 KiB) Downloaded 655 times
Philippe.

Return to “Droidmote”