Help: Domoticz install not working anymore. Need help with reinstall and update

home automation

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

melgi
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Help: Domoticz install not working anymore. Need help with reinstall and update

Post by melgi »

So my domoticz installation doesn't work anymore on my 6210T. Thankfully I have a backup of my database. Is there a possibility to install Domoticz manually? If so, how can I do that? I don't have a lot of linux experience.

I tried installing v4.11605r1 that is available through the ASUSTOR app store, but I can't update that one to the newest 2020 version. Can someone help me?
father.mande

Re: Help: Domoticz install not working anymore. Need help with reinstall and update

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Yes the actual version is little old ...
To update domoticz ... serahc in this forum ... some change (very small) are need to permit internal update (because the NAS is not a standard Linux)
viewtopic.php?f=166&t=10389

I have not yet update my own version to the last Domoticz ... I will run a test (and return result (sorry my works, so I don't update it)) and if I have time do an APKG update (ONLY for a fresh install)

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
father.mande

Re: Help: Domoticz install not working anymore. Need help with reinstall and update

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

In fact I was updated up to 4.10717 (using information here before) ... and this version don't propose an update (even Beta channel ...) to 2020.1 the version release 14 days ago ...
I will check if a manual update is necessary ???

Philippe.
melgi

Post by melgi »

Philippe,

Thanx! You're a life saver! I used your 3.8xxx initial version years ago and always could update it with ./updatebeta command.

So do you suggest me to just install this version viewtopic.php?f=166&t=7774 and then do an update through this link viewtopic.php?f=166&t=10389 ?

If you can help me a bit, that would be perfect. I don't have experience with Linux commands in SSH. When I install the v4.11605r1 Docker version I only get the Domoticz off line message. It's like Domoticz isn't started correctly.
melgi

Post by melgi »

So, I tried to do the update, but everytime in the last step after running the update in the Domoticz version 3.5877, my domoticz doesn't restart. I do the following:

1. Install v3.5837
After install I switch to Beta in the settings and have to fill in the latitude and longitude coordinaties to save. Everything works fine.

2. Install v3.5877 manually. After install stop-start Domoticz from ASUStor app store and everything works fine.

3. Do the install of the libcurl-gnutls_x86_64.tar by following the next steps:
a) Open a terminal : ssh with root / your_password
b) cd /usr/local/AppCentral/domoticz/lib/
c) tar xf /share/Public/libcurl-gnutls_x86_64.tar
d) rm -f /share/Public/libcurl-gnutls*.tar

Manual start-stop of domoticz app works perfectly!

4. Do the install of the download_update.sh script by following the next steps:
a) Open a terminal : ssh with root / your_password
b) cd /usr/local/AppCentral/domoticz/scripts
c) mv download_update.sh download_update.sh.ori
d) tar xf /share/Public/download_update.sh.tar
DON'T REMOVE the tar, because AFTER UPDATE the script is overwrite by the update , so for the next (if no new problems) you will have to reuse it

After this I manually stop-start Domoticz from ASUStor app store and then nothing. The server doesn't seem to start as I get the message the site is unavailable when going to Domoticz url.

Can you please help me out with some debugging ideas?

Regards,

melgi
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

If the update is started in the background ... you need some delay before use it again (during update domoticz is locked) ... try again later
Also if you do a : ps -eaf in a terminal you can see domoticz and update process waiting for restart

In this case redo the restart ... stop domoticz wait 15 sec. (delay is apply in start and stop mode for freeing resources. ... start domoticz ... wait 15 sec. and try to connect you to the GUI

Philippe.
melgi

Post by melgi »

father.mande wrote:Hi,

If the update is started in the background ... you need some delay before use it again (during update domoticz is locked) ... try again later
Also if you do a : ps -eaf in a terminal you can see domoticz and update process waiting for restart

In this case redo the restart ... stop domoticz wait 15 sec. (delay is apply in start and stop mode for freeing resources. ... start domoticz ... wait 15 sec. and try to connect you to the GUI

Philippe.
Philippe,

Thanx for you reply! I found out what was causing the issue: there was a reference to a library that wasn't in the library folder. On the Domoticz folder they recommended to switch to release version. I had to update to latest release using ./updaterelease and that worked. When I restore the database I sadly can't select the floorplan or even the devices. The installation feels also very "laggy" navigating through the menu's. For now I reverted back to the Domoticz 4.xxxxx version in the ASUStor that uses Docker. That seems to work (although my Harmony Elite and Xiaomi Gateway aren't working in Domoticz at all anymore).
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

I will do a test ASAP ... I think you want to use 2020 version ... and not the actual stable version

I check and return to you if I have some information.

Philippe.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

hi,
I am a little confuse by the fact that stable or beta are not proposed as an update (even the release file exist on domoticz server.

I have to check if it's not associated to the Python version (2.7) present in Asustor ADM when some post speak about Python 3.x

I will check, but how did update your system based on which file and method ?

Please can you provide the log file /usr/local/AppCentral/domoticz/domoticz.log

Philippe.
melgi

Post by melgi »

father.mande wrote:hi,
I am a little confuse by the fact that stable or beta are not proposed as an update (even the release file exist on domoticz server.

I have to check if it's not associated to the Python version (2.7) present in Asustor ADM when some post speak about Python 3.x

I will check, but how did update your system based on which file and method ?

Please can you provide the log file /usr/local/AppCentral/domoticz/domoticz.log

Philippe.
Hi Philippe,

Thanx again for all your effort! I will rerun the update process again. I've currently installed Python 2.7 (for Couchpotato), Python 3 and latest Python 3.5. Maybe that mixes everything up.

Will also check the domoticz.log when I do the update and report back. I will try to rerun the installation this week and let you know.

Return to “Domoticz”