Domoticz version 3.8153

home automation

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

basmeyer
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Domoticz version 3.8153

Post by basmeyer »

Any news when we can expect the Asustor Domoticz version 3.8153 app?
This updated version was released Sunday 30 July 2017 for other OS systems.

Immediately I experienced problems because the frontend wanted to update and not communicate properly with the Asustor app (server).
Why problems like not being able to operate the Domoticz system any more and error messages appeared was highly unexpected, as we presumed that the Domoticz app was running independently and creating the web interface. This seemed not the case.

These problems went away after hours by itself for no reason, restarting the NAS a few times, and might come back the same way.
Now we see in the webinterface frontend on all devices "V3.8153" as the current Domoticz version... (?)

Anyone how this can happen?
Thanks.
father.mande

Re: Domoticz version 3.8153

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Internal update mechanism can work (it's a download + a untar) BUT at end the restart of the service is done using standard Linux distribution service management (like systemd or rc file) ... this default service management IS NOT present on Asustor NAS

So doing a full stop/start manually is enough to finish the process
Also it's possible to modify the update shell (release or beta) to integrate this forced restart ...

The good sequence is :
stop internal domoticz plugins when it's possible (disable it temporary)
do the update with the internal mechanism
immediately stop domoticz (at end of update)
restart it or better (to have no residual modules in memory ... reboot)

Now Domoticz display the new version ... ... enable again plugins ...
test to verify that nothing is missing ...

If you want to change from Python 3.5.2 to official new python 3 (if already exist on beta ADM) ... just go to APKG folder and change the start_up shell to reflect new Python Path ...

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
nikolov333

Post by nikolov333 »

Hello to all. I am trying to add broadlink control to Domoticz 3.8153 on my Asustor AS-6204T with Python3.5.2.1 apk installed but every time when i try to ssh "install broadlink" i receive an pycrypto autoconf error:
File "/tmp/easy_install-nc2y_zg2/pycrypto-2.6.1/setup.py", line 278, in run
RuntimeError: autoconf error
I was trying pip,pip3,pip3.5 and easy-install3.5 but ihave no luck to install it.
I am new user on asustor and linux and dont understand instalation logic of this type of plugins.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
nikolov333 wrote:Hello to all. I am trying to add broadlink control to Domoticz 3.8153 on my Asustor AS-6204T with Python3.5.2.1 apk installed but every time when i try to ssh "install broadlink" i receive an pycrypto autoconf error:
File "/tmp/easy_install-nc2y_zg2/pycrypto-2.6.1/setup.py", line 278, in run
RuntimeError: autoconf error
I was trying pip,pip3,pip3.5 and easy-install3.5 but ihave no luck to install it.
I am new user on asustor and linux and dont understand instalation logic of this type of plugins.
Not sure ... but seem that this require a module created by autoconf, make, Gcc, etc. at install time ... Domotiz by itself don't require Python (as I remember) ... my dev. system is power off and I am at 600 kms ...(perhaps Monday I can have again access)
So this is a Python problem (please post to Python forum and ask support) ... know because Asustor don't provide native compiler / make / etc. tools with A.D.M.
... it's always possible to workaround BUT not easy
... when my system will restart ... I will have a look (for ex. y generating a virtualenv ... not so dependent of the Asustor future update or delivery

Last point ... seems that all docs. on broadlink seem to target Python 2.7 not 3.x

Philippe.
kmy78

Post by kmy78 »

Hello everyone, I would like to know how to update this version 3.8153 . Could someone explain what exactly is the process to follow?
Greetings and thank you.
AS3102T

Hola a todos, me gustaria saber como se actualiza a esta version 3.8153. Alguien podria explicar cual es exactamente el proceso a seguir?
Un Saludo y Gracias.
AS3102T
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
kmy78 wrote:Hello everyone, I would like to know how to update this version 3.8153 . Could someone explain what exactly is the process to follow?
Greetings and thank you.
AS3102T
As it's explain in other post ... you can use the internal update mechanism ... the only problem it's at end ...Domoticz said restart Domoticz but in fact do nothing, because internal update try to use systemd or rc.init service management as in a standard Linux distribution.

The workaround is : use the App. center to disable Domoticz APKG wait up to 20 sec. then Enable it again ...

Normally you will see the new version
In case of problem just follow the manual procedure from Domoticz team
download the tar update file, stop Domoticz, "untar" it in Domoticz folder the file downloaded ... enable again Domoticz

It's same for Beta version ...

This is ONLY for the Domoticz core program ... some extension require a full Python (and compile tools) not available in A.D.M. ... so this require additional works ...

Philippe.
kmy78

Post by kmy78 »

father.mande wrote:Hi,
kmy78 wrote:Hello everyone, I would like to know how to update this version 3.8153 . Could someone explain what exactly is the process to follow?
Greetings and thank you.
AS3102T
As it's explain in other post ... you can use the internal update mechanism ... the only problem it's at end ...Domoticz said restart Domoticz but in fact do nothing, because internal update try to use systemd or rc.init service management as in a standard Linux distribution.

The workaround is : use the App. center to disable Domoticz APKG wait up to 20 sec. then Enable it again ...

Normally you will see the new version
In case of problem just follow the manual procedure from Domoticz team
download the tar update file, stop Domoticz, "untar" it in Domoticz folder the file downloaded ... enable again Domoticz

It's same for Beta version ...

This is ONLY for the Domoticz core program ... some extension require a full Python (and compile tools) not available in A.D.M. ... so this require additional works ...

Philippe.
I install with the internal mechanism, then I disconnect domoticz and restart the nas but the update is not installed. It seems that I must have something else that I should not do well.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
kmy78 wrote: I install with the internal mechanism, then I disconnect domoticz and restart the nas but the update is not installed. It seems that I must have something else that I should not do well.

I have to check ... seem that update mechanism use now some Let's Encrypt certificate that CA are NOT provide in /etc/ssl/certs by Asustor
... perhaps the download failed ...

Please can you provide 2 things :
result of terminal command : apkg --info-installed domoticz | grep Version
and : ls -ali /usr/local/AppCentral/domoticz

With this I can write a manual update for you (so even if I don't solve the global problem of update)

Philippe.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

After analyse seems that the file name in the sha256sum from Domoticz is INCORRECT
in (file to control) : domoticz_linux_x86_64.tgz where real name created by script is update.tgz ...

second point ... A.D.M. from Asustor don't accept let's encrypt as a valid provider of certificate (no cert in /etc/ssl/certs/)

I have modified the Domoticz original download script to workaround this two problems
1 by adding a "--no-check-certificate" for each wget ... so no control
2 by adding two lines to modify the sha256sum file to get the good file name to compare

How-to
get the file and put it in your shared resource Public
in a terminal (root/your_password) extract the new shell
cd /share/Public
tar xf download_update.sh.tar

... to obtain the new download_update.sh
copy this file in domoticz scripts folder
cp -p download_update.sh /usr/local/AppCentral/domoticz/scripts/
ATTENTION for the next time ... the corrected shell is removed by update ... so get it and redo for future update ...

Now you can use the update internal mechanism (release or beta) ... if you have the last APKG ... domoticz will stop after update
... so go to App Central and disable domoticz / wait 15 sec. / enable domoticz ... in 15 sec. you can use the new version
... as an alternative you can do in a terminal (root/your_password) apkg --disable domoticz / wait 15 secondes / apkg --enbale domoticz
download_update.sh.tar
tar of updated Domoticz download_update.sh
(10 KiB) Downloaded 696 times
Philippe.
kmy78

Post by kmy78 »

I am very grateful for your exceptional work. It's already updated. :)

Return to “Domoticz”