[Unofficial] rTorrent (pre-release)

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

mafredri
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: [Unofficial] rTorrent (pre-release)

Post by mafredri »

I've pushed a new release 0.9.6-r1 to Github (still pre-release), see release for details.
Hi, I'm new here. Looking to be active in the community and help with development :).
Storage: AS-604T with 3GB RAM (Kingston KVR1333D3S8S9/2G)
tango

Post by tango »

I've installed 0.9.6-r1 now and try to set up folders for rutorrent via terminal, and get some errors.
I tried connecting as root and admin but doesn't seem to work :/

admin@ASUSTOR:/volume1/home/admin $ sudo mkdir -p /opt/rtorrent{session,watch,download}
-sh: sudo: not found

Is doing this blocked by the Nas OS?
I don't really want to try any further, as I'm not really good at this stuff, and don't want to mess something up.
I just want a stable torrent daemon with rss :P

Thanks
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

I actually researched this a bit further, and just enabling the scgi_port in rTorrent is not enough. rTorrent expects the communication to happen over the SCGI protocol which means that you cant do regular HTTP communication with it. A web server, e.g. nginx or lighttpd needs to sit in front of it and receive the http communication, that is then passed to rTorrent.

More information can be found here and here.

rTorrent is definitely stable as a daemon, don't know much about its RSS capabilities though. Other good daemons are Deluge, qBittorrent and Transmission. Deluge has RSS through the YaRSS2 plugin, with qBittorrent and Transmission there is no such luck. Have you looked into e.g. Sonarr as an alternative to traditional RSS?

At one point I was planning on releasing FlexGet for ASUSTOR as well, but abandoned it as I didn't have need for it anymore.
Hi, I'm new here. Looking to be active in the community and help with development :).
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

tango wrote: admin@ASUSTOR:/volume1/home/admin $ sudo mkdir -p /opt/rtorrent{session,watch,download}
-sh: sudo: not found

Is doing this blocked by the Nas OS?
Actually, there's no need to create the session folder, unless it's specific for ruTorrent and not rTorrent. rTorrent has one at /usr/local/AppCentral/rtorrent/config/session.

Also, there's no sudo command available on ASUSTOR. Just log in as root over SSH if you need additional permissions (same password as admin).
gerinho

Post by gerinho »

Hello

I'm using Deluge in my NAs, but I think it would be awesome to have rtorrent + rutorrent available in Asustor Nas...

Best regards

Return to “Rtorrent”