Post by yupsolo »

i'll try it tonight

THANKS!!

Yupsolo
yupsolo

Re: [Unofficial] libCEC and Python CEC

Post by yupsolo »

you seem very talented in linux programming

would you think that adding a AIRPRINT libs to the asustor 3 series would be a thing you would like to try??

:)

thx!
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

Just realized I haven't updated this APK for ADM 2.3, I only did it for myself because nobody seemed to need the update (it has been silent here after all ;)).

If there are any problems, please notify me!

https://github.com/mafredri/libcec-apkg ... g/2.1.4-r3

Cheers,
Mathias
Hi, I'm new here. Looking to be active in the community and help with development :).
Storage: AS-604T with 3GB RAM (Kingston KVR1333D3S8S9/2G)
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

yupsolo wrote:you seem very talented in linux programming
Why, thank you!
yupsolo wrote:would you think that adding a AIRPRINT libs to the asustor 3 series would be a thing you would like to try??
I did a quick search on the matter and it doesn't seem very hard. I don't, however, have a lot of time to put into this and I don't have any device to test that it's working either. So I would recommend starting a new topic on the matter :).

Regards,
Mathias
Hi, I'm new here. Looking to be active in the community and help with development :).
Jhinta

Post by Jhinta »

mafredri wrote:Well, that's for the old 2.6.39 kernel. The current one used on ADM is 3.7.9, I would not be surprised if the kernel configuration differs significantly between these two releases. Compiling kernel modules is a bit iffy, if even one configuration parameter is wrong, then it will likely not work. For this reason, especially when I don't have a 32-bit ASUSTOR NAS to try it on, I would prefer not to hope that it works.

I did receive the 64-bit kernel configuration from ASUSTOR support, but even trying to modify that for the 32-bit system is not likely to work.

:o :o :o I did receive the 64-bit kernel configuration :o :o :o

please tell me you have the config for a 5104t ,, did it cam with symbols? :?
can you compile for 5104t?
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

Jhinta wrote:
mafredri wrote:Well, that's for the old 2.6.39 kernel. The current one used on ADM is 3.7.9, I would not be surprised if the kernel configuration differs significantly between these two releases. Compiling kernel modules is a bit iffy, if even one configuration parameter is wrong, then it will likely not work. For this reason, especially when I don't have a 32-bit ASUSTOR NAS to try it on, I would prefer not to hope that it works.

I did receive the 64-bit kernel configuration from ASUSTOR support, but even trying to modify that for the 32-bit system is not likely to work.

:o :o :o I did receive the 64-bit kernel configuration :o :o :o

please tell me you have the config for a 5104t ,, did it cam with symbols? :?
can you compile for 5104t?
Unfortunately I don't have a configuration for AS-5 series, which is required to build the module.
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

Do you have the HDMI-CEC adapter already? If you're really interested in using it on Asustor, you could file a support ticket to get the kernel configuration and source. Would make my life easier :)

EDIT: Just realized this should work without modifications on the AS-5 and AS-7 series also. Have you tested it?
Spike_B

Post by Spike_B »

Hey, just got my Pulse Eight CEC - USB adapter today, and unfortunately it doesn't work like they advertise it in youtube:
Found this topic, installed your apk (awesome work btw) but I'm still having some problems.
First, the symbolic links were initially wrong (everything was pointing to x86_64 instead of x86-64). Fixed those, but it's still not working. My cec-client --list-devices output is identical with p1erre's:

Code: Select all

# cec-client --list-devices
ERROR:   [            3534]	error opening serial port '/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb1/1-2': Is a directory
ERROR:   [            3535]	could not open a connection (try 1)
ERROR:   [            6368]	error opening serial port '/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb1/1-2': Is a directory
ERROR:   [            6368]	could not open a connection (try 2)
ERROR:   [            8257]	error opening serial port '/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb1/1-2': Is a directory
ERROR:   [            8257]	could not open a connection (try 3)
ERROR:   [            9516]	error opening serial port '/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb1/1-2': Is a directory
ERROR:   [            9516]	could not open a connection (try 4)
Found devices: 1

device:              1
com port:            /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb1/1-2
vendor id:           2548
product id:          1002
firmware version:    65535
Kodi is giving me "Could not initialise CEC Adapter, check your settings and try again."
My weapon of choise is Asustor AS5002T.
I think the problem is that I'm using much newer ADM, 2.5.0.RA73. When I try insmod cdc-acm.ko (the x86-64 version) I get the following error:

# insmod cdc-acm.ko 
insmod: can't insert 'cdc-acm.ko': invalid parameter
And the i386 version isn't any better:

# insmod i386/cdc-acm.ko 
insmod: can't insert 'i386/cdc-acm.ko': invalid module format
I know this is lot to ask, but could you please update your apk for newer ADM?
Thanks anyway, got a lot closer to get it to work with your help!
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

I should update the topic that I no longer maintain this. Asustor has started maintaining this themselves through the Media Pack, have you tried installing it from App Central?

PS. I'm surprised that any of the symlinks would pointing wrong, I used to use this myself without problems.
Spike_B

Post by Spike_B »

Thanks for quick reply.
I installed Media-Pack from Beta apps as current version in Appstore is outdated, only works with ADM 2.4. Thanks for the advice mate, I don't know how I missed that step in the guide :oops:
It might be good idea to edit the first post to tell people to install Media-Pack either from Appstore and if it doesn't work from Beta apps. Thanks again.

Return to “LibCEC”