[APKG Native JDownloader2] 2.0-1.6 for ADM 3.x & ADM 4.x

JDownloader is a free, open-source download management tool with a huge community of developers that makes downloading as easy and fast as it should be. Users can start, stop or pause downloads, set bandwith limitations, auto-extract archives and much more. It's an easy-to-extend framework that can save hours of your valuable time every day!

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Quadrupole
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: [APKG JDownloader2] 2.0-1.3 ADM 2.x 2.0-1.4 ADM 3.x

Post by Quadrupole »

Wow, it was not easy to install Jdownloader2 onto AS5110T but I got it done and I'm a total noob.

Big THANK YOU to Philippe!
Quadrupole

Post by Quadrupole »

zn4jp3 wrote:Is there any newbie guide for installing this? Im totaly new into NAS and linux. I just bought a AS3202T. Running pyload at the moment but it does not work that well.
I had a really hard time doing this myself but I figured it out after a couple of hours

I take it that Philippe isn't a native English speaker, so I'll try to translate the general idea of what's going on here. For the specific commands you need to use, refer back to Philippe's first post, he does an excellent job. I also had to learn the move commands using ssh but they're fairly simple. Just google basic linux commands

Colloquial guide

Install entware-ng from the AppCentral

Install jDownloader2 from AppCentral. It should disable itself after installing which is NORMAL.

You need to first enable SSH for your NAS and then login using PuTTy
https://support.asustor.com/index.php?/ ... sustor-nas

Then you need to download the latest JRE package. Philippe has a link on the first post.

Go there and download the right version for your Asustor NAS. For me, since I have the AS5110T with the J1900 CPU, I chose the Linux x64 version - Java SE Development Kit 8u191 (file name:jdk-8u191-linux-x64.tar.gz)

I downloaded this file to my PC then uploaded it to my NAS - Phillippe recommended the folder /share/public

I extracted it using the command tar xzf jdk-8u191-linux-x64.tar.gz

Then you need to use putty and ssh to move the JRE folder that was created in /share/public when you extracted the Java file (in my case labeled jdk1.8.0_191) to the folder AppCentral installed jdownloader to.

then you need to set the new jre paramaters by running

/usr/local/AppCentral/jdownloader/CONTROL/start-stop.sh set_java_home /usr/local/AppCentral/jdownloader/jre

Get a jdownloader account set up and ready with login info and password.

Then simply run the init.sh fle from the AppCentral Jdownloader folder and follow the instructions.

It's actually pretty simple what needs to be done, but since I'm a total noob when it comes to linux it took me a few hours to figure out the commands.

One hassle of Jdownloader is that apparently you need to login to putty every month to clean out the temporary folders jdownloader makes....

I personally think pyload downloads a lot faster (up to 15MB/s) without crashing and is a lot easier to use in ADM3. BUT jdownloader2 is much more convenient to add links into since you don't need to copy and paste links manually since the PC app can automatically get the link from a browser and you can combine all the links into a dlc. Then simply just upload the dlc to NAS and let it do its thing.

Downside is that jdownloader seems to have an issue if I download faster than 8MB/s

I use premium rapidgator, so that may cause some of the download speed issues.

I hope this helped.

Once again, thank you Phillipe!
DESKALOS

Post by DESKALOS »

Can explain more detailed guide? not english and is very hard follow steps for me... never used linux :cry:
only thing understod is make account on JD and did it and install entware-ng + jDownloader2 from AppCentral.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
DESKALOS wrote:Can explain more detailed guide? not english and is very hard follow steps for me... never used linux :cry:
only thing understod is make account on JD and did it and install entware-ng + jDownloader2 from AppCentral.
In which language do you want some explain (google translate can help) ?

1 use A.D.M. 3.x stable (even works in 3.3 Beta) and have a working Internet access.
2 install Entware 1.0 (not Entware-ng old and obsolete) using App Central
3 install Asustor JRE (now at an enough level) from App Central
4 install jdownloader2 APKG version 2.0-1.5 (last for fresh install)
5 create an account (if it's not already done) in jdownloader2 web site
6 open a terminal (ssh root / your_password)
7 cd /usr/local/AppCentral/jdownloader
8 execute the init shell long lot of message BUT you have only after restart to enter your credential ..
./init.sh
... this shell update jdownloader, init it, restart it, ask for user / password (yours) re update, configure and at end stop displaying message ... at this time do CRTL<C> to break the shell BUT BE PATIENT it's long ...
9 go to App Central and Disable then Enable jdownloader (remeber that jdownloader require some time to start
10 go to myjdownloader site to get access and configure your jdownloader ... now all is done using this site ... nothing more in the NAS

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
x7bit

Re: [APKG JDownloader2] 2.0-1.4 for ADM 3.x & 2.0-1.5 alternate

Post by x7bit »

I ran the init.sh as root and JD is running OK, but every file that I download is saved with the root user, the root group, and 644 permissions, so I can't write theese files from outside the NAS even though I have the Download folder inside the Public folder (that is shared with NFS). There is some way to change the user / group / permissions of downloaded files? Maybe with umask just before JD is launched (I think a 666 permissions should be enough)? Another solution could be run the JD by admin user instead of root.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
x7bit wrote:I ran the init.sh as root and JD is running OK, but every file that I download is saved with the root user, the root group, and 644 permissions, so I can't write theese files from outside the NAS even though I have the Download folder inside the Public folder (that is shared with NFS). There is some way to change the user / group / permissions of downloaded files? Maybe with umask just before JD is launched (I think a 666 permissions should be enough)? Another solution could be run the JD by admin user instead of root.
You can try by yourself ... (if I have time I will also try but I am busy for now) ... even, normally ONLY jdownloader user (root) need write access ... all other require Read only ???, why rewrite a downloaded file ? if you do from a terminal ... you just need to change the access right before (connect as root, change right , su to normal user)
... test adding umask in the start_up shell script (/usr/local/AppCentral/jdownloader/CONTROL/start-stop.sh)
... other test is to add group root to user able to get the file (/usr/sbin/usermod) even other is set to read
... also it's possible to change the the start_up script (here before) to use su (/bin/su) or sudo (/usr/builtin/bin/sudo) and to encapsulate the command
... ... be sure the new download folder (or the existing) is accessible (write) by the user you use in su or sudo

If nothing works ... it's always possible to use inotify on survey of the download folder to change the access right when file is written ...

Philippe.
x7bit

Post by x7bit »

father.mande wrote:Hi,

You can try by yourself ... (if I have time I will also try but I am busy for now) ... even, normally ONLY jdownloader user (root) need write access ... all other require Read only ???, why rewrite a downloaded file ? if you do from a terminal ... you just need to change the access right before (connect as root, change right , su to normal user)
... test adding umask in the start_up shell script (/usr/local/AppCentral/jdownloader/CONTROL/start-stop.sh)
... other test is to add group root to user able to get the file (/usr/sbin/usermod) even other is set to read
... also it's possible to change the the start_up script (here before) to use su (/bin/su) or sudo (/usr/builtin/bin/sudo) and to encapsulate the command
... ... be sure the new download folder (or the existing) is accessible (write) by the user you use in su or sudo

If nothing works ... it's always possible to use inotify on survey of the download folder to change the access right when file is written ...

Philippe.
Thank you very much, I did it adding the umask in the /usr/local/AppCentral/jdownloader/CONTROL/start-stop.sh script, and it works!! Now the downloaded files has 666 permissions, so can be written (deleted, renamed, moved, etc) by normal users.

Code: Select all

case "$1" in                                                 
        start)                                               
                if [ ! -e ${APKG_PATH}/.init_done ] ; then   
                        echo "Please run ${APKG_PATH}/init.sh FIRST"                                                                
                        syslog  --log 0 --level 0 --user admin --event "Please run ${APKG_PATH}/init.sh "
                        exit 1                                                                           
                fi                                                                                       
        #       web_link                                                                                 
                adapt_param                                                                              
                ## add the cron                                                                          
                add_in_cron                                                                              
                cd ${APKG_PATH}/jd                                                                       
                umask 000
                /usr/bin/nohup ${java_exec} ${ARGJ} -Djava.awt.headless=true -jar ./JDownloader.jar > ${APKG_PATH}/log/jd.out 2>&1 &

;;
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Good news, I had scheduled a test tomorrow ... so now it's not necessary.

Thanks for the information.

Philippe.
shezhar

Post by shezhar »

How to change username/password without using init command?
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
shezhar wrote:How to change username/password without using init command?
No idea if it's possible ?, better is to ask in jdownloader support web site : https://support.jdownloader.org/
Perhaps it's enough to :
create a new jdownloader user in myjdownloader site
and change the credentials in the file : /usr/local/AppCentral/jdownloader/jd/cfg/org.jdownloader.api.myjdownloader.MyJDownloaderSettings.json

BUT I never do it no more try ... so only support can really help you (in all case, stop jdownloader and save /usr/local/AppCentral/jdownloader folder to be able to return back easily.

Philippe.

Return to “Jdownloader2”