[APKG Native JDownloader2] 2.0-1.6 for ADM 3.x & ADM 4.x

JDownloader is a free, open-source download management tool with a huge community of developers that makes downloading as easy and fast as it should be. Users can start, stop or pause downloads, set bandwith limitations, auto-extract archives and much more. It's an easy-to-extend framework that can save hours of your valuable time every day!

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

dergilb
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: [APKG JDownloader2 2.0-1.3] I am NOT a user ONLY integrator !!

Post by dergilb »

ok got it working.
what i have done:

- downloaded actual java JDK for Arm 32 bit and extractet the JRE folder using winrar: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/ ... 33151.html
- copied the JRE folder to an share of my NAS (in my case /volume1/tmp/jre)
- installed entware and Java from appstore
- disabled java in application manager
- used ssh (putty) and deleted the bin and lib folder from in /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/jre (you can also use option -r -f in next step, this will overwrite files, but i prefer this way to avoid unused files)
- copied the bin and lib from the downloaded new JRE into this folder using this command (its case sensitive):
cp -r /volume1/tmp/jre/* /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/jre
- startet java again
- installed JD from appstore
- followed instructions as in first post and startet the installation script via ssh

within the script it now asks for login data :). after that the script contacts a server for update, this is where it stops for me, update seems not to work so i closed the ssh. But JD is working now without problems.

if you like to get a visiual overview of the filestructure of your NAS, download "SSH Explorer" it is free for 30 days and gives you an overview.

But be careful, in my case i have no other Java applications running, so there is no compatibilty issue with this newer JRE. If you have others running, it may not work. if it fails, you can uninstall java simply using the Appcentral and reinstall the official version.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Yes it's not so difficult, but why it's not done by Asustor ... it's the reason I don't do it ... you MUST have a correct delivery from Asustor and not get the risk yourself ... if your data are important for you ...

please write the log or output when update failed ... I will try to understand and change in APKG if necessary

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
LuisLapa

Post by LuisLapa »

I totally agree with Philippe.
Although I like my ASUSTOR I'm starting to think that the support is bad and may change my mind on the next purchase.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
enzo972

Post by enzo972 »

Hello everybody,

I have a nas "asustor AS3104t" and I would like to install "jdownloader2", but it does not install via "Central App", impossible to have it in installed applications.
I applied the procedure with "putty", and everything goes well, only at the end, I do not have the message "set connected", but I have a message update and its blocked.

Would you like to help me please? I thank you in advance.

edit, i have this message :

padanfain2000

Post by padanfain2000 »

Hi all,

After Upgrading to ADM 3.0.2.RA22 jdownloader2 did no longer connect to my account, so I uninstalled the package and Java as well. Last night I was trying to reinstall and the same happend as in the previous post. I cannot for the life of me install the jdownloader2 package. It will start but stay stuck at, say, 98%.
I could nevertheless start the script which apparantly ran correctly and connected to my account - I checked in the dashboard, but it will never display set CONNECTED. When exiting the Script it will disconnect from jdownloader.
After trying three times I just left the putty window open and went to bed. This morning the connection had been terminated and jdownloader is still connected. Any hints as to where I could even start to dig for answers? Or maybe a how-to on removing jdownloader and dependencies cleanly and try a fresh install?

Any help at all is greatly appreciated.

pf2k
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Please provide more detail
... architecture of the CPU (armhf, x86, x86_64) and model

... you must know that Asustor don't provide a correct level of JRE, so for arm (and perhaps others models) you must add yourself the correct version

... up to Asustor will generate an up to date version of Java, this kind of problem can occurs (due to class use by Jdownloader but not implemented or faulty in old JRE8)

... the actual JRE / JDK (but extract JRE only) are U144 ... when Asustor provide u31 for x86_64 and u51 for x86 and armhf

... on x86_64 system jdownloader works as well (I run it for test)
... on other ... you have o add your private JRE as explain ... here before in this topics ...

Philippe.
padanfain2000

Post by padanfain2000 »

Hi Philippe,
thanks for helping us out here!

Here are my specs:
AS3102T
x86_64

I just now upgraded JRE to 1.8.4_144 as described above, then deleted the jdownloader folder within the Web share, deleted the jdownloader folder from /usr/local/AppCentral/ and tried to reinstall jdownloader with App Central, but it just gives me 'Install App failed (Ref. -154 ) :(

Running init.sh works up to the screen on the post two or three above [...]check for updates[...]. If I cancel this with ctrl+c it will kill jdownloader. If I just close the putty window jdownloader will continue running, but only until reboot.

Anything else I can try?

I much appreciate your help!

Oliver
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

I will delete my Jdownloader then try a clean reinstall to see if I fall in same problem ??? (I upgrade to ADM 3.0 but without uninstalling applications like Jdownloader)

APKG are managed by Asustor in some internal file , so deleting folder IS NOT a correct way to uninstall an APKG
... first use App. Central to uninstall it
... then eventually clean residual file in /usr/local/AppCentral

AT END if it's always impossible to use the install procedure ... you must delete the APKG descriptor
... ... Asustor used multiple .json file for APKG management in : /usr/builtin/etc/appcentral
... ... generally (if you know json syntax) you find section in
... ... ... installed.json , app-config.json, app-privilege.json and sometimes in others .json (6 files)
==== BUT IT'S EXTREMELY DANGEROUS ... so be MORE than prudent =====
or ask helpdesk for a local help ...

Philippe.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

FIRST analyse :

1 try a clean install FALL with -154 code (not documented) a real problem for integrator like me ...
2 after analyse it's a change in APKG management by Asustor
... previously env.sh script (the specific environment context) is used for all script (including post-install.sh for ex.)
... now NOT so if somebody think that Asustor propose a "stable" and "clear rules" policy ... it can fail
... ... a part is for me (I don't have to trust unknown developer group) and better is to use full PATH for ex. for command ...

3 I have build an apkg with changing this environment ... so now I can install (fresh on ADM 3.0) jdownloader
... this don't occurs if the install have been done in 2.x ... and you update later (because it's IN the APKG internal install process)

Now I will works on the problem with init script ... please stay tuned

Philippe.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Hum! some error occurs when update ... seems it's due to a change on killing process

... in fact (even APKG is NOT correctly installed) you can try (when init.sh script failled (use CRTL<C> to quit)) :
cd /usr/local/AppCentral/jdownloader
cd jd

THEN run :
java -jar JDownloader.jar -norestart
... here lot of messages and at least one question to reenter you login/password (in the previous not saved due to the kill change)
... after enter email/password
... when message flow stop (don't close terminal)
GOTO to mydownloader and connect you : https://my.jdownloader.org/
... if the server is displayed click on and verify settings first (download place are not correct (in /root for ex.))
IF YOU SEE IT
... use settings to STOP JDowloader server (CLOSE JDownloader button) and only this way to close
normally your jdownloader on Asustor also stop and free the terminal

... at this time (waiting up I change the script control for APKG) you can start JDownloader in the background
cd /usr/local/AppCentral/jdownloader.jd
/usr/bin/nohup /usr/local/bin/java -Djava.awt.headless=true -jar ./JDownloader.jar -norestart > /usr/local/AppCentral/jdownloader/log/jd.out 2>&1 &

then you can close the terminal ... nohup stay server in background (please don't close it in myjdowloader or restart with same procedure

I will try to rewrite APKG soon and publish the new init phase ... (less automatic, but more independent of Asustor A.D.M.)

Philippe.
Apologize but ADM change is not really public ... so ... you are the victim ...

Return to “Jdownloader2”