Question about /output and downloads

JDownloader is a free, open-source download management tool with a huge community of developers that makes downloading as easy and fast as it should be. Users can start, stop or pause downloads, set bandwith limitations, auto-extract archives and much more. It's an easy-to-extend framework that can save hours of your valuable time every day!

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Abathorn
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Question about /output and downloads

Post by Abathorn »

Hi, i am installing the jdownloader 2 in my asustor. When I am trying to configure the download folder I found difficult to set up a folder in a different Volume.

I have a Volume set up as a Shared folder and I would like to select a folder from that.

For example when i look for that volume the location in properties said is located in /volume2. And i try:

/volume2/volumen 2 (3TB)/downloads

But jdownloader said this folder didnt exist. If i want to create it. If i said yes but then fail.

It is that possible to setup a folder for another volumen? Am i missing something?

Regards
father.mande

Re: Question about /output and downloads

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Perhaps a problem with the access right to the folder ?
did you use "quote", your path seem to have space in the string ?
... quote when manipulating using terminal or in the my.jdownloader site (settings)
... remember, you MUST create the folder before you configure it in my.jdownloader site

A good approach is :
create a specific share on volume2 for your downloads : ex. MyDownload
be sure that users root / admin and administrators group have rw access to it
use /share/MyDownload as download folder ... not need to use /volume2/.....

In lot of case using space in name can generate problem if for ex. the script don't quote text by itself ... so prefer using without space and for space use _ (underscore) character.

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
Abathorn

Post by Abathorn »

Thank you for your Answer Phillipe.

Following your steps with a different folder without spaces i found this.

The jdownloader are adding "/config" to the path at the beggining. I not user but i think I am doing something wrong with that. Any idea?

Thanks.
Attachments
error_donwload_folder.png
error_donwload_folder.png (154.54 KiB) Viewed 5763 times
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

??? no idea ...
I will restart a fresh install ... to run a test after creating a second volume ....

BUT the download folder definition is not in the APKG but in my.jdownloader web site ... and I don't have any access and knowledge on it ...

Please have a look to
/usr/local/jdownloader/jd/cfg folder specially : org.jdownloader.settings.GeneralSettings.json file where you can find the default download folder ... perhaps broken

ex. on mine (as an example)

Code: Select all

"defaultdownloadfolder" : "/volume1/test/Download",
Philippe.
Abathorn

Post by Abathorn »

father.mande wrote:Hi,

??? no idea ...
I will restart a fresh install ... to run a test after creating a second volume ....

BUT the download folder definition is not in the APKG but in my.jdownloader web site ... and I don't have any access and knowledge on it ...

Please have a look to
/usr/local/jdownloader/jd/cfg folder specially : org.jdownloader.settings.GeneralSettings.json file where you can find the default download folder ... perhaps broken

ex. on mine (as an example)

Code: Select all

"defaultdownloadfolder" : "/volume1/test/Download",
Philippe.
Hi,

I reinstall the app an in the file the "defaultdownloadfolder":null is set as null.

But when I enter the app the download is setup as /config/Donwloads. Which is set up in my file explorer as Docker/JDownloader2/Config/Downloads

If i try to donwload something go that folder. Which is set in a small SSD. Thats the reason to change it.

I edit the file org.jdownloader.settings.GeneralSettings.json manual and set the "/volume2/myDownloads"

But it didnt works. When I add a donwload it goes again to "/config/Donwloads"

(Btw i installed jdonwload2 vresion 1.7.2.r01 from the app central)

Any idea?

Thanks for your help!
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Sorry I don't understand you use the APKG or The docker image ?

because with the APKG (the only package where I can try to help) ... /config or any folder name config is not provide, non existent and never used

Seems that in my.jdownloder ... the previous docker version is still configured, (same host name, same user, etc.) so as I know the solution is to rremove in my.jdownloader the existing config and to redo it ...

Philippe.
Abathorn

Post by Abathorn »

Sorry I don't understand you use the APKG or The docker image ?

because with the APKG (the only package where I can try to help) ... /config or any folder name config is not provide, non existent and never used

Seems that in my.jdownloder ... the previous docker version is still configured, (same host name, same user, etc.) so as I know the solution is to rremove in my.jdownloader the existing config and to redo it ...

Philippe.
I installed the version in the app central. Do I have an alternative? Which version should i install the 1.7.2.r01 in app central? or other one?

With removing the existing config do you mean the file "org.jdownloader.settings.GeneralSettings.json"? And then restart the app?

Thanks
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Not sure which version you used ... mine is "2.0-1.6" ... so perhaps you used another version provide by ???

so I can't help and can't solve software I don't know nor used ... please calls Asustor support (if in AppCentral) or dev.

F.Y.I. ... I just redo a test with a second volume ... without problem .. so ???

Sorry.
Philippe.
Abathorn

Post by Abathorn »

Not sure which version you used ... mine is "2.0-1.6" ... so perhaps you used another version provide by ???

so I can't help and can't solve software I don't know nor used ... please calls Asustor support (if in AppCentral) or dev.

F.Y.I. ... I just redo a test with a second volume ... without problem .. so ???

Sorry.
Philippe.
How do you install your version "2.0-1.6"? Is not in the AppCentral?

Thanks
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Another version have overwritten / replaced mine ... with certainly a better support ... so I presume a conflict between two version for the same software ...

F.Y.I. my version was available in AppCenter from the 26 of August 2021 ... if I refer to the official Asustor Developer Corner
BUT if it's not listed now ...

My suggestion is to ask to the dev. and / or Asustor to get full help and don't mix divers providers for a same software.

Philippe.

Return to “Jdownloader2”