Isue with asustor specific packages

Entware-ng is A modern Optware/ipkg replacement ; Entware-ng is package repository for embedded devices. These packages allow you to add new functionality to your device. Most of them taken from OpenWRT, but others are unique.

Entware-ng exist for x86, x86_64 and armhf architecture

Entware-ng also replace astware to use common base for ALL OpenWRT platform

Optware/Ipkg is obsolete, not maintened and not secure ... (abandoned)

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

phithor
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Isue with asustor specific packages

Post by phithor »

Hi,

I had an issue when trying to install numpy through pip.

It will try to install with x86_64-asustor-linux-gnu-gcc, which does not exist. I solved it by creating a symlink to gcc.

Does this choice of compiler command/destination come with the entware or is it from somewhere else?
father.mande

Re: Isue with asustor specific packages

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
phithor wrote:Hi,
I had an issue when trying to install numpy through pip.
It will try to install with x86_64-asustor-linux-gnu-gcc, which does not exist. I solved it by creating a symlink to gcc.
Does this choice of compiler command/destination come with the entware or is it from somewhere else?
If you are sure to be 100% using Entware packages
... python, pip, etc. ... you can put the problem to the support :
For Entware (not packages BUT packaging) : https://github.com/Entware/entware/issues
or for specific package problem : https://github.com/openwrt/packages/issues

If it's a mix between :
Python, pip provide by Asustor and Entware gcc (to solve the lack of gcc directly provide by Asustor) ... you must post the question to Asustor support (because if Asustor don't provide gcc ... I suppose the gcc link inside are adapted to the Asustor dev. environment ... and not just call gcc without specific path) ... and the gcc use by Asustor is not the Entware gcc ...

Philippe.
NB we can (with Zyxmon Entware dev.) answer to question and error linked to Entware apkg ... not on ALL +1900 packages available that come AS IS from OpenWRT dev. (with a delay of 1 month max. (update one per month) between official update of a package and availability in Entware feeds ... )
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T

Return to “Entware”