[APKG Entware-ng] Replace Astware & Optware include 64 bits version

Entware-ng is A modern Optware/ipkg replacement ; Entware-ng is package repository for embedded devices. These packages allow you to add new functionality to your device. Most of them taken from OpenWRT, but others are unique.

Entware-ng exist for x86, x86_64 and armhf architecture

Entware-ng also replace astware to use common base for ALL OpenWRT platform

Optware/Ipkg is obsolete, not maintened and not secure ... (abandoned)

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

father.mande
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: [APKG Entware-ng] Total replace Astware & Optware include 64 bits version

Post by father.mande »

Hi KSHH,

don't wait ... just search in Apache and php documentation, then (more difficult) adapt it to Asustor architecture (or perhaps support can help you technically but also to win lot of time by not searching by yourself where are the configuration file to change ) BUT for me the clear best solution is to get another Apache or ligthhttp ... to ensure the compatibility with others Web applications ... (the resources used can be minim ... only thinks is to don't use the same IP port (so change current Apache or new one) ... at end use the default Apache as a proxy to the second one ... so all become transparent ...

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
primusd

Can I use Entware-ng to install IO::Socket::SSL module?

Post by primusd »

Hi all,

First off, to say - I'm super appreciative of the devs who keep these packages up and running for those of us trying to work around various issues with an otherwise pretty great NAS!!

I'm in need of installing the IO::Socket::SSL module to get a new implementation of Spotify running on my Logitech Media Server. I have some basic *nix command skills but have never gone as far as installing a package manager, etc.

My setup is an AS6104T running 2.6.6 RCF2.

I have searched the forums and found one reference here viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6472#p20142, but being so old I did not want to risk installing the provided apk.

Can someone please confirm if I can use Entware-ng to install the IO::Socket::SSL module? If yes, I'm happy to search/learn myself how to install it... I just don't want to risk testing it blind (as I don't have the skills to revert back). That said, I would also welcome any tips for the install as well ;) .

If/when I have the Spotify implementation working, I will post a how-to in the relevant LMS forum viewforum.php?f=54 to assist any others facing the same issue.

Thank you in advance!!

David
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Entware is a fork for NAS of OpenWRT Opkg package management

So all modules or specific software are not always provide (to be fully compatible on multiple platform and synchronized with OpenWRT feeds ... )

For perl modules ... you need to installed the limited but enough development part (gcc, make, binutils, etc.) in opkg then install CPAN and your modules

a link here : https://github.com/Entware-ng/Entware-n ... rl-modules

If you have missing include ... under each feed (one by platform) you can get a full version of include folder corresponding to all Opkg packages

Philippe.
NB don't forget to update (opkg update) the feed and installed software (opkg upgrade) to be sure to have last Opkg package version ...
primusd

Post by primusd »

father.mande wrote:Hi,

Entware is a fork for NAS of OpenWRT Opkg package management

So all modules or specific software are not always provide (to be fully compatible on multiple platform and synchronized with OpenWRT feeds ... )

For perl modules ... you need to installed the limited but enough development part (gcc, make, binutils, etc.) in opkg then install CPAN and your modules

a link here : https://github.com/Entware-ng/Entware-n ... rl-modules

If you have missing include ... under each feed (one by platform) you can get a full version of include folder corresponding to all Opkg packages

Philippe.
NB don't forget to update (opkg update) the feed and installed software (opkg upgrade) to be sure to have last Opkg package version ...
Thank you Philippe!! I will use this information and link to guide me as I learn how to install the required pieces to get the IO::Socket::SSL module installed.
WTF

Post by WTF »

hi

first of all, many many thanks @father for his work and effort, also for all others who make this stuff available and working for us asustor users!!!!!

ok, my plan is to get jdownloader working on my t5104.
i'm a linux noob but not completely inexperienced cause of the terminal under osx and android file system.
so, if at the end i got a working jd on my asustor, i'll post a "noob proofed" manual in the jd thread.

so let's beginn :D
after i downloaded the package 0.97.2 and manually want to install it, i get the message it's already installed which first confused me, cause i never done that before for sure

a look at "/volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral" shows me that enware is already there:

Code: Select all

asportal/        jdownloader/     mail-server/     upnp-server-v2/
download-center/ jre/             python/          web-browser/
entware-ng/     kodi/            remote-center/   xorg/
ffmpeg/          looksgood/       soundsgood/
so, the only conclusion for me is, that enware was installed with jdownloader automatically too!?
[btw, it shows me that mail-server is installed, but i haven't and doesn't show up under installed apps in app central????]

when i now move on to update opkg, it doesn't work

-sh: opkg: not found
at this point, a noob question: from which directory i can/have2 start the update command?
i've tried it from root, appcentral and enware directory where i always get the not found error.

then i stumbled over this post:
liefde wrote:I noticed that it was a lot better to NOT install python 2.7* from Asustor in the AppCentral, yet install it through entware-ng opkg.
For example to use letsencrypt or seafile it works fine if you do it all in entware-ng! But if you have Python already there from Asustor ADM, it's a horrible mess. You will not get letsencrypt or seafile-server to function.
so, for me as a noob it sounds like that the phyton installation is the reason that i can't update enware, am i'm right?

if so, what's to do?
if i uninstall phyton over the app central, it'll also remove kodi, looks/sounds good, remote and asustor portal...

at this point i need some help plzzzzzzzz :oops:

thanks a lot and kind regards!
AS5104T - ADM 2.7.3 RI21 - 8GB
chewiiie

Post by chewiiie »

primusd wrote:Thank you Philippe!! I will use this information and link to guide me as I learn how to install the required pieces to get the IO::Socket::SSL module installed.
Hi primusd,
I'm also trying to install Spotty in LMS 7.9.1 on an Asustor NAS AS6102T.
Did you manage to install perl module IO::Socket::SSL ? I'm having trouble with it. I installed Entware-ng in App Central, then install gcc, make, perl and a lot of stuff with opkg. Then tried to add the perl module with CPAN but the install fails with the Net::SSLeay dependency installation.

Running install for module 'Net::SSLeay'
Running make for M/MI/MIKEM/Net-SSLeay-1.81.tar.gz
Checksum for /root/.cpan/sources/authors/id/M/MI/MIKEM/Net-SSLeay-1.81.tar.gz ok

CPAN.pm: Building M/MI/MIKEM/Net-SSLeay-1.81.tar.gz

Unresolvable missing external dependency.
This package requires a C compiler.
NA: Unable to build distribution on this platform.
No 'Makefile' created'YAML' not installed, will not store persistent state
  MIKEM/Net-SSLeay-1.81.tar.gz
  /usr/local/AppCentral/perl/bin/perl Makefile.PL -- NOT OK
Running make test
  Make had some problems, won't test
Running make install
  Make had some problems, won't install
Could not read metadata file. Falling back to other methods to determine prerequisites
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Few modification ... Entware-ng V 0.97.3

Bug solved :
for x86 system 32 bits ... Asustor with ADM 3.0 now use machine = i686 in place of previous i386
... so under x86 32 bits NAS with ADM 3.0 new install fail ...
... add force_space option for armhf and x86 model (/opt return 0 as space available ... due to lack of size at mount like in x86_64 series)

version 0.97.3 solve this.

Update through App. Central is posted and under review by Asustor ... but you can use (in case of) the download link provide in first post of this topic.

DON'T upgrade if all run as well for you (new install only)
Philippe.
Last edited by father.mande on Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
primusd

Post by primusd »

chewiiie wrote:
primusd wrote:Thank you Philippe!! I will use this information and link to guide me as I learn how to install the required pieces to get the IO::Socket::SSL module installed.
Hi primusd,
I'm also trying to install Spotty in LMS 7.9.1 on an Asustor NAS AS6102T.
Did you manage to install perl module IO::Socket::SSL ? I'm having trouble with it. I installed Entware-ng in App Central, then install gcc, make, perl and a lot of stuff with opkg. Then tried to add the perl module with CPAN but the install fails with the Net::SSLeay dependency installation.

Running install for module 'Net::SSLeay'
Running make for M/MI/MIKEM/Net-SSLeay-1.81.tar.gz
Checksum for /root/.cpan/sources/authors/id/M/MI/MIKEM/Net-SSLeay-1.81.tar.gz ok

CPAN.pm: Building M/MI/MIKEM/Net-SSLeay-1.81.tar.gz

Unresolvable missing external dependency.
This package requires a C compiler.
NA: Unable to build distribution on this platform.
No 'Makefile' created'YAML' not installed, will not store persistent state
  MIKEM/Net-SSLeay-1.81.tar.gz
  /usr/local/AppCentral/perl/bin/perl Makefile.PL -- NOT OK
Running make test
  Make had some problems, won't test
Running make install
  Make had some problems, won't install
Could not read metadata file. Falling back to other methods to determine prerequisites
Chewiiie - unfortunately I got tied up with a bunch of other stuff and haven't managed to advance with the SSL installation (in part because I need to read/learn still how to install the needed pieces, e.g. gcc, make, etc). I am going to try and give this some attention soon and I will report back. At the very least, very happy to learn I'm not the only one trying to get Spotty working via LMS on their Asustor nas!! In an ideal world, we could get someone from Asustor to create an updated Pearl apkg, as was done here (viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6472#p20142

Keep me posted here or via PM if you've managed to advance with this since your post (and sorry for the delay responding!).
chewiiie

Post by chewiiie »

Nope. Still stuck with Pearl SSL...
Maxmen

Post by Maxmen »

i cant to understand how to start installed with opkg apps and how to make is autostarted.
In my case i installed cups and i cant to find the way to start it.

Return to “Entware”