[APKG Desktop_Engine] BETA 2 news and prepare update

father.mande
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

[APKG Desktop_Engine] BETA 2 news and prepare update

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

This message is for preparing the arrival of the next version (BETA 2) of Desktop_Engine
... no planning yet (I will start in travel Saturday 26 03 2016 ... so ... )

Target to be in BETA 2 :
1 ... solve of some Bugs (default Langugae is French) + some errors in script
2 ... ADD
... select language for HDMI screen user by command (under construction)
... test if Desktop is not yet started (double start ... generate strange behavior ... ) (under construction)
... possibility to start hx-engine WITHOUT desktop but in background (under construction)
... ... THIS imply :
... ... You can start asportal and associated applications (even hx-engine run) (already done)
... ... XDM (remote access stay available) (already done)
... ... permanent services or background tasks can continue to run (already done)
... ... stop asportal ... then restart desktop on hdmi screen (hx-engine is running)
... add a Virtual screen (always up ) for applications needing to have a permanent screen available ... so even HDMI screen is use by other (ex. asportal) (already done)
... add a remote access to this Virtual Screen to manage and work on it ...
... ... Virtual Screen can permit to run some tools like Jdownloader, etc. with GUI and in the background (under construction)
... ... or working on an office document ... and keep it accessible EVEN Desktop or asportal are not up.

YOU MUST UNDERSTAND ... that at a time I don't ADD any sotfware ... BUT explain how you can add it (calibre, filebot as already require) SO THIS REQUIRE that you learn at minima some information on Ubuntu (or Linux) administration ... LOT of info exist (for ex. in openclassrooms site for French BUT lot of other also exist ... ) etc.

UPDATE :
If you come from BETA 1 and use it AS IS ... normally NO problems (I don't change the base AND I save you personal user environment)
if you add you own software (already) ... you have to get backup (configuration and data) to re-install the software, scripts and init shell
AT STABLE version ... I will stop to update the "chroot" (Ubuntu 14.04) part ... and only change (if needed ... scripts)
Is this to prepare you for the future of this tools ...

LAST :
DON'T dream if you don't have a good CPU and enough memory ... you can have slow result for some application ... (ex. Java is an "ogre" ... and eat memory and CPU (have a look in your system and follow some java tools ... available ... ))
YES you can change the Desktop ... I start with XFCE ... because it is a good desktop with possibility of LARGE icons (ex. for TV.) BUT you can prefer and use ANY ... please don't use "the biggest" like Unity or Gnome3 ... sstart with LXDE, or MATE if you want a Gnome2 advanced version ... thinks resources ... YOU ARE IN A NAS ... and others programs run in parallels ...

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T

Return to “Desktop_Engine”