Coouple of things. (HX-Engine related)

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

MikeG.6.5
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Coouple of things. (HX-Engine related)

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

Phillipe Love this, so far, but a couple of things that might be issues...

One, the default language is French, even though the keyboard layout is US. I looked in the folders installed and can't seem to find a place where the language is set for the display... And since I can't read French, I couldn't set it even if I wanted to... :/

Next, I have an issue with the screen flashing, and mouse getting reset to the middle of the screen on the right hand edge. This happens about every 1-1.5 seconds, so even if I can find a place to set the language, that pop up goes away before I could select the language.

This is running on a TV for the "monitor" and I don't have a problem with ASPortal's mouse, so not sure what's happening...

The last issue is one I'm sure is permissions and since the screen is flashing and I can't read the language, I'm pretty sure I could it resolve on my own. I don't have any access to any of the drives, and no access to run any apps in the HX_engine's terminal window. I know this is user permissions and I know I need to make a user, but until the other issues are resolved, not going to dig in to deeply, in case I have to remove, reinstall, etc.
father.mande

Re: Coouple of things. (HX-Engine related)

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
MikeG.6.5 wrote:Phillipe Love this, so far, but a couple of things that might be issues...

One, the default language is French, even though the keyboard layout is US. I looked in the folders installed and can't seem to find a place where the language is set for the display... And since I can't read French, I couldn't set it even if I wanted to... :/

Next, I have an issue with the screen flashing, and mouse getting reset to the middle of the screen on the right hand edge. This happens about every 1-1.5 seconds, so even if I can find a place to set the language, that pop up goes away before I could select the language.

This is running on a TV for the "monitor" and I don't have a problem with ASPortal's mouse, so not sure what's happening...

The last issue is one I'm sure is permissions and since the screen is flashing and I can't read the language, I'm pretty sure I could it resolve on my own. I don't have any access to any of the drives, and no access to run any apps in the HX_engine's terminal window. I know this is user permissions and I know I need to make a user, but until the other issues are resolved, not going to dig in to deeply, in case I have to remove, reinstall, etc.

For language it's a thing I forgot ... to clean before delivery (so sorry and apologize) ... I have get also this point this in the morning when I woke up ... ( a good nigth is good to have more clean idea)
... open a console (ssh or telnet) with root / your_password
cd /usr/local/AppCentral/hx-engine/my_script/ASUSTOR/bin
edit the file start_xfce.sh
replace or delete to have default language : en_US.UTF-8 the second line :
export LANG=fr_FR.utf8
use hx_manage to restart Hdmi desktop
hx_manage close_desktop
then
hx_manage start_desktop

Eventually you can add your own language ...
enter in the chroot :!
hdechrt
then use locale-gen to generate you own language (UTF-8 please) et add it in start_xfce.sh
Ubuntu info on locale-gen : https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Local ... ng_locales
... inside the chroot the script are in /etc/ASUSTOR/bin

... REMEMBER that NOT all program use the LANGUAGE variable (some use internal file for internationalization (ex. Firefox or LibreOffice))

For the mouse issue ??? no idea ... because I use the Xorg provide by Asustor ... so mouse and keyboard are managed as before ??? can you test with another mouse ... just to have a parallel test ... I can't reproduce this (I have a real USB mouse and Logitech Unifying models (multiple)) ... I will search ...
did you stop remote control APKG from asustor ?

The default user is astuser ... group 100 (users in the chroot and in Asustor side)
... to change it (create a user as model (but change UID) in /etc/ASUSTOR/bin ) don't forget to add a passwd, then stop xfce (hx_manage) change the default user (hx_manage) restart ...
if the new user have same UID and GID that a user in Asustor side (read passwd and group file) ... permissions will be the same ...

doc. on command line tools here : http://forum.asustor.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=7636

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

After some research for your "mouse" sticky edge ...

Please can you do :
1 provide Xorg (and frimware) version
2 verify that you don't have (in menu / display) a second active display like a VGA ... and if yes disabled it ... I do it this on my system ... BUT don't know if it's reported on system with another I.G.P. inside ...
3 (repeated from last message sorry) be sure to have Remote Control APKG disabled
Philippe.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
Default language is French for Desktop ....
If you don't want to "edit" the file you can do the change (in a ssh console as root/your_password)
by a sed command ... :

Code: Select all

root@AS5002TaPhil:/ # sed -i 's/export LANG/#export LANG/' /usr/local/AppCentral/hx-engine/my_script/ASUSTOR/bin/start_xfce.sh
root@AS5002TaPhil:/ #
Philippe.
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

OK, I got the language thing figured out and actually had that last night.

Still having issues with the screen/mouse. Every time the mouse jumps to the right edge in the center top to bottom, the screen also flashes. It will start doing this, sometimes right away, sometimes after a few minutes. It does this even in Plex Home Theater app.

I've not got the Remote Control APKG even installed.

Firmware is 2.5.4.RF42 and X.org Version is 10.14.7.R14 AS Portal is disabled, but I still get a portal desktop if/when I shut down HX_Engine, and it stays in the background.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
MikeG.6.5 wrote: Still having issues with the screen/mouse. Every time the mouse jumps to the right edge in the center top to bottom, the screen also flashes. It will start doing this, sometimes right away, sometimes after a few minutes. It does this even in Plex Home Theater app.
I've not got the Remote Control APKG even installed.
Firmware is 2.5.4.RF42 and X.org Version is 10.14.7.R14 AS Portal is disabled, but I still get a portal desktop if/when I shut down HX_Engine, and it stays in the background.
I will try to understand ... because it's not easy (I can't reproduce this) ...
Factual :
I have only one model 5002T ... so this limit my own test to this model
I use firmware 2.6.0 B313, Xorg 10.14.7 R19
Know issue with P.H.T.
P.H.T. need (in Asustor) to don't have flash or tearing in menus ... to have "vsync" disabled or enabled ONLY on Playback (normally I do it by doing a pre-configuration)
... manually the value is in in chroot : /home/astuser/.plexht/userdata/guisettings.xml (from Asustor side it's /usr/local/AppCentral/hx-engine/my_home/astuser/....etc. )

root@AS5002TaPhil:/home/astuser/.plexht/userdata# grep vsync guisettings.xml
                <vsync>0</vsync>
root@AS5002TaPhil:/home/astuser/.plexht/userdata#
vsync must be 0 (disabled) after you can change using settings menu if needed (to add it on playback).

For the mouse ... the only know (by me) same problem is linked when you have a second screen ...
can you do :
hx-engine enable
hdechrt (to enter in the chroot)
OR :
xrandrd -d --display :0
OR
su - astuser (change to user controlling the Hdmi screen desktop)
xrandr -q
... if you have another screen (not only HDMI1) enable like VGA1 for ex. ... try to disbled it :
xrandrd --output VGA1 --off (adapt to screen ... add --display :0 if you are always root user)
test ... if the problem still exist
or exit (exit the chroot) then stop / start desktop using hx_manage ...

Can you explain a little more : "I still get a portal desktop if/when I shut down HX_Engine, and it stays in the background" (sorry perhaps it's my mis understanding due to ... ... I am French and some times not sure to read clearly ...

Thanks for helping us to have a working solution ...
Philippe.
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

I had a background set up for ASPortal when I had that enabled. When I go to HDMI 2 on my TV to access the NAS via HDMI (to use the HX-Engine or the AS Portal) I get this background behind any open windows that the HX-Engine might have open. So if I shut those windows down, the whole AS Portal app is still behind it all... AS Portal is disabled, but still installed on the NAS, so I would have thought all of the icons and such would be missing. This could just be my not understanding how this all seems to work together, though.

I only have one display device showing in display options and that is the HDMI 0 so I can't "remove" a second display device.

This is on a 7004T.

I'm getting an error message still on the user permissions, and when I try to go to the log files to see what is happening, that user (astuser) home directory isn't there, so I can't read any logs. The actual error is a pop up window that says:

Failed to open directory "astuser"
Error when getting information for file '/home/astuser/.gvfs': Transport endpoint is not connected

So I can't get to any log file that might be created. Is this because I haven't made a user "astuser" in my Access Control app in the ADM?

I know I need to learn a lot more Linux, and that might be a huge part of the problems I'm having. I may just not know what to do where...
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Hum! seem to have an install problem ...

Fisrt astuser (also astext) ... are users INTERNAL to the chroot (hx-engine) and can NOT be see as is in Asustor side ... so to have the access enter hdechrt command (enter in the chroot) and verify if in /home you have folder for user and some extra files.
I use the Xorg provide by ASUSTOR (/usr/local/AppCentral/xorg) ... so some actions like having the background image ... are executed IN the Xorg environment ... so not disappear when hx-engine is stopped ... because X server is always up ... perhaps I will have to do a restart of xorg to have a more clean state (other things keep by xorg are for ex. the keyboard layout, etc. etc. .
can you do :
cd /usr/local/AppCentral/hx-engine
and verify if all directory are inside :
my_asustor (the chroot itself)
my_home (home user mounted for the chroot to /home in the chroot)
my_script/ASUSTOR ... mounted in the chroot as /etc/ASUSTOR
so in Asustor side it's possible to see the home folder of astuser (in my_home) ... even without enter in the chroot ...
also can you print here result of the mount command ...
result must be like :

root@AS5002TaPhil:/volume1/.@root # mount | grep hx-engine
/dev/md1 on /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/hx-engine/my_asustor/home type ext4 (rw,relatime,data=ordered,jqfmt=vfsv1,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group)
/dev/md1 on /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/hx-engine/my_asustor/etc/ASUSTOR type ext4 (rw,relatime,data=ordered,jqfmt=vfsv1,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group)
/dev/md1 on /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/hx-engine/my_asustor/share/Public type ext4 (rw,relatime,data=ordered,jqfmt=vfsv1,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group)
/dev/md1 on /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/hx-engine/my_asustor/share/Media type ext4 (rw,relatime,data=ordered,jqfmt=vfsv1,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group)
/dev/md1 on /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/hx-engine/my_asustor/share/Music type ext4 (rw,relatime,data=ordered,jqfmt=vfsv1,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group)
sysfs on /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/hx-engine/my_asustor/sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)
proc on /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/hx-engine/my_asustor/proc type proc (rw,relatime)
udev on /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/hx-engine/my_asustor/dev type devtmpfs (rw,relatime,size=1963212k,nr_inodes=490803,mode=755)
devpts on /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/hx-engine/my_asustor/dev/pts type devpts (rw,relatime,mode=600,ptmxmode=000)
tmpfs on /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/hx-engine/my_asustor/run type tmpfs (rw,relatime)
none on /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/hx-engine/my_asustor/run/shm type tmpfs (rw,relatime)
none on /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/hx-engine/my_asustor/run/lock type tmpfs (rw,relatime)
gvfsd-fuse on /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/hx-engine/my_asustor/home/astuser/.gvfs type fuse.gvfsd-fuse (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=65500,group_id=100)
root@AS5002TaPhil:/volume1/.@root #
also in Asustor side the result of :
hx_manage status

Thank for you help and apologize for this problem ... I will try to see the hardware of 7004T ... to see if something can explain the problem ...

I will reread you message to see if other issues must be dealt.
Philippe.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
just to add can you in a console do (and print result here) :
for i in $(apkg --list | cut -f 1 -d " "); do echo " $i : $(apkg --info-installed $i | grep Enabled)" ; done
then <ENTER>

use a cut & paste to a ssh client like putty for ex. to have to re-enter all the command.
this list each apkg installed and the Status (Enabled yes or no)

thanks again.
NB I will search to know if I can go-back to same firmware 2.5.4 you use ... because perhaps hx-engine run in 2.6.0 and not in 2.5.4 ... I try to check with Asustor team ...
Philippe.
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

All of these commands are executed from WinSCP in a terminal window from a Win10 PC.

Results of the for...:

asportal : Enabled: No
 chrome : Enabled: Yes
 couchpotato : Enabled: Yes
 download-center : Enabled: Yes
 ftpexplorer : Enabled: Yes
 geoip-db : Enabled: Yes
 git : Enabled: Yes
 hd-engine : Enabled: No
 hx-engine : Enabled: Yes
 jre : Enabled: Yes
 lazylibrarian : Enabled: Yes
 mail-server : Enabled: Yes
 mono : Enabled: Yes
 owncloud : Enabled: Yes
 perl : Enabled: Yes
 php-5.5 : Enabled: No
 phpmyadmin : Enabled: Yes
 plexmediaserver : Enabled: Yes
 python : Enabled: Yes
 sabnzbdplus : Enabled: Yes
 sonarr : Enabled: Yes
 tools : Enabled: Yes
 utorrent : Enabled: Yes
 xorg : Enabled: Yes
Results of hx_manage status:

/volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/hx-engine/my_asustor/home$ hx_manage status
======== STATUS ==== (even not started)
HX_Engine is Enable
------ Name of the user for the HDMI screen -------------------
===== ACTUAL user name use for launching App. in the chroot ======
 actual user : astuser
=====
------ List of ALL mount point for hx-engine ------------------
==== ALL resouces mounted in chroot (from ASUSTOR or internal)
/dev/md1 /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/hx-engine/my_asustor/home ext4 rw,relatime,data=ordered,jqfmt=vfsv1,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group 0 0
/dev/md1 /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/hx-engine/my_asustor/etc/ASUSTOR ext4 rw,relatime,data=ordered,jqfmt=vfsv1,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group 0 0
/dev/md1 /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/hx-engine/my_asustor/share/Public ext4 rw,relatime,data=ordered,jqfmt=vfsv1,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group 0 0
/dev/md1 /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/hx-engine/my_asustor/share/Media ext4 rw,relatime,data=ordered,jqfmt=vfsv1,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group 0 0
/dev/md1 /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/hx-engine/my_asustor/share/Music ext4 rw,relatime,data=ordered,jqfmt=vfsv1,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group 0 0
sysfs /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/hx-engine/my_asustor/sys sysfs rw,relatime 0 0
proc /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/hx-engine/my_asustor/proc proc rw,relatime 0 0
udev /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/hx-engine/my_asustor/dev devtmpfs rw,relatime,size=8083664k,nr_inodes=2020916,mode=755 0 0
devpts /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/hx-engine/my_asustor/dev/pts devpts rw,relatime,mode=600,ptmxmode=000 0 0
tmpfs /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/hx-engine/my_asustor/run tmpfs rw,relatime 0 0
none /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/hx-engine/my_asustor/run/shm tmpfs rw,relatime 0 0
none /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/hx-engine/my_asustor/run/lock tmpfs rw,relatime 0 0
gvfsd-fuse /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/hx-engine/my_asustor/home/astuser/.gvfs fuse.gvfsd-fuse rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=65500,group_id=100 0 0
====
------ List of configured shared resource visible -------------
===== share list mounted inside chroot
Public
Media
Music
=====
------ ALL programs running for local HDMI screen user --------
====== list of program running or empty is all if stopped
astuser  10947     1  0 17:46 ?        00:00:00 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gconf/gconfd-2
astuser  14524     1  0 17:47 ?        00:00:00 /bin/sh /usr/bin/plexhometheater.sh
astuser  14525 14524  6 17:47 ?        00:02:55 /opt/plexhometheater/bin/plexhometheater
astuser  19308 19303  0 17:34 ?        00:00:00 /bin/bash /etc/ASUSTOR/bin/start_xfce.sh
astuser  19360 19308  0 17:34 ?        00:00:00 /usr/bin/xfce4-session
astuser  19364     1  0 17:34 ?        00:00:00 /usr/bin/dbus-launch --sh-syntax --exit-with-session /usr/bin/xfce4-session
astuser  19365     1  0 17:34 ?        00:00:00 //bin/dbus-daemon --fork --print-pid 5 --print-address 7 --session
astuser  19389     1  0 17:34 ?        00:00:00 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/xfce4/xfconf/xfconfd
astuser  19393     1  0 17:34 ?        00:00:00 gnome-keyring-daemon --start
astuser  19396 19360  0 17:34 ?        00:00:00 Thunar --sm-client-id 294ed6418-c469-443d-9e55-9772472c36b6 --daemon
astuser  19399 19360  0 17:34 ?        00:00:00 xfce4-panel --display :0.0 --sm-client-id 2fca556cc-bcb7-45f1-b415-220423c48311
astuser  19400 19360  0 17:34 ?        00:00:00 xfdesktop --display :0.0 --sm-client-id 2bfba4abd-7865-4121-919c-66f95e7d7bdd
astuser  19401     1  0 17:34 ?        00:00:00 xfsettingsd --display :0.0 --sm-client-id 2007cd7ab-d2b7-4188-b65d-d52aa9ef4fd8
astuser  19405     1  0 17:34 ?        00:00:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfs-udisks2-volume-monitor
astuser  19412     1  0 17:34 ?        00:00:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfsd
astuser  19418     1  0 17:34 ?        00:00:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfs-afc-volume-monitor
astuser  19425     1  0 17:34 ?        00:00:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfs-gphoto2-volume-monitor
astuser  19429     1  0 17:34 ?        00:00:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfs-mtp-volume-monitor
astuser  19626 19360  0 17:35 ?        00:00:00 xterm -xtsessionID 200257099-7b75-4577-9a7e-7d3577abc45a -geometry 0x0-1-1 -fg black -bg black -name login
astuser  19627 19360  0 17:35 ?        00:00:00 xterm -xtsessionID 290985bcc-e24f-4c7a-9871-f10e0540505c -geometry 0x0-1-1 -fg black -bg black -name login
astuser  19628 19360  0 17:35 ?        00:00:00 xterm -xtsessionID 23ecb7315-5f7a-47cb-9eb9-cf8d4788b7d8 -geometry 0x0-1-1 -fg black -bg black -name login
astuser  19637     1  0 17:35 ?        00:00:00 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/indicator-application/indicator-application-service
astuser  19643     1  0 17:35 ?        00:00:00 xscreensaver -no-splash
astuser  19651     1  0 17:35 ?        00:00:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfsd-trash --spawner :1.10 /org/gtk/gvfs/exec_spaw/0
astuser  19652 19399  0 17:35 ?        00:00:00 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/xfce4/panel/wrapper-1.0 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/xfce4/panel/plugins/libsystray.so 6 25165855 systray Notification Area Area where notification icons appear 
astuser  19654 19399  0 17:35 ?        00:00:00 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/xfce4/panel/wrapper-1.0 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/xfce4/panel/plugins/libactions.so 2 25165857 actions Action Buttons Log out, lock or other system actions 
astuser  19657     1  0 17:35 ?        00:00:00 xterm -geometry 0x0-1-1 -fg black -bg black -name login
astuser  19698 19628  0 17:35 pts/1    00:00:00 bash
astuser  19699 19627  0 17:35 pts/2    00:00:00 bash
astuser  19700 19657  0 17:35 pts/7    00:00:00 bash
astuser  19701 19626  0 17:35 pts/3    00:00:00 bash
astuser  21078     1  0 17:35 ?        00:00:00 xfwrite /home/user_list
astuser  21569 21564  0 17:35 ?        00:00:00 /bin/bash /etc/ASUSTOR/bin/start_xfce.sh
astuser  21615 21569  0 17:35 ?        00:00:00 /usr/bin/xfce4-session
astuser  21619     1  0 17:35 ?        00:00:00 /usr/bin/dbus-launch --sh-syntax --exit-with-session /usr/bin/xfce4-session
astuser  21620     1  0 17:35 ?        00:00:00 //bin/dbus-daemon --fork --print-pid 5 --print-address 7 --session
astuser  21622     1  0 17:35 ?        00:00:00 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/xfce4/xfconf/xfconfd
astuser  21626     1  0 17:35 ?        00:00:00 gnome-keyring-daemon --start
astuser  21629 21615  0 17:35 ?        00:00:01 Thunar --sm-client-id 294ed6418-c469-443d-9e55-9772472c36b6 --daemon
astuser  21634 21615  0 17:35 ?        00:00:00 xfce4-panel --display :0.0 --sm-client-id 2fca556cc-bcb7-45f1-b415-220423c48311
astuser  21637     1  0 17:35 ?        00:00:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfs-udisks2-volume-monitor
astuser  21639     1  0 17:35 ?        00:00:00 xfsettingsd --display :0.0 --sm-client-id 2007cd7ab-d2b7-4188-b65d-d52aa9ef4fd8
astuser  21642     1  0 17:35 ?        00:00:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfsd
astuser  21650     1  0 17:35 ?        00:00:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfs-afc-volume-monitor
astuser  21655     1  0 17:35 ?        00:00:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfs-gphoto2-volume-monitor
astuser  21659     1  0 17:35 ?        00:00:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfs-mtp-volume-monitor
astuser  21664     1  0 17:35 ?        00:00:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfsd-trash --spawner :1.9 /org/gtk/gvfs/exec_spaw/0
astuser  21877 21615  0 17:36 ?        00:00:00 xterm -xtsessionID 200257099-7b75-4577-9a7e-7d3577abc45a -geometry 0x0-1-1 -fg black -bg black -name login
astuser  21878 21615  0 17:36 ?        00:00:00 xterm -xtsessionID 290985bcc-e24f-4c7a-9871-f10e0540505c -geometry 0x0-1-1 -fg black -bg black -name login
astuser  21879 21615  0 17:36 ?        00:00:00 xterm -xtsessionID 23ecb7315-5f7a-47cb-9eb9-cf8d4788b7d8 -geometry 0x0-1-1 -fg black -bg black -name login
astuser  21882 21634  0 17:36 ?        00:00:00 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/xfce4/panel/wrapper-1.0 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/xfce4/panel/plugins/libsystray.so 6 81788959 systray Notification Area Area where notification icons appear 
astuser  21885 21634  0 17:36 ?        00:00:00 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/xfce4/panel/wrapper-1.0 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/xfce4/panel/plugins/libactions.so 2 81788960 actions Action Buttons Log out, lock or other system actions 
astuser  21888 21878  0 17:36 pts/8    00:00:00 bash
astuser  21895 21877  0 17:36 pts/10   00:00:00 bash
astuser  21900 21879  0 17:36 pts/9    00:00:00 bash
astuser  22098     1  0 17:36 ?        00:00:00 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/indicator-application/indicator-application-service
astuser  22123     1  0 17:36 ?        00:00:00 xterm -geometry 0x0-1-1 -fg black -bg black -name login
astuser  22152 22123  0 17:36 pts/11   00:00:00 bash
astuser  24836 24831  0 Mar21 ?        00:00:00 /bin/bash /etc/ASUSTOR/bin/start_xfce.sh
astuser  24904 24836  0 Mar21 ?        00:00:10 /usr/bin/xfce4-session
astuser  24909     1  0 Mar21 ?        00:00:00 /usr/bin/dbus-launch --sh-syntax --exit-with-session /usr/bin/xfce4-session
astuser  24910     1  0 Mar21 ?        00:00:00 //bin/dbus-daemon --fork --print-pid 5 --print-address 7 --session
astuser  24913     1  0 Mar21 ?        00:00:00 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/xfce4/xfconf/xfconfd
astuser  24918     1  0 Mar21 ?        00:00:00 gnome-keyring-daemon --start
astuser  24920 24904  0 Mar21 ?        00:00:07 Thunar --sm-client-id 294ed6418-c469-443d-9e55-9772472c36b6 --daemon
astuser  24929 24904  0 Mar21 ?        00:00:20 xfce4-panel --display :0.0 --sm-client-id 2fca556cc-bcb7-45f1-b415-220423c48311
astuser  24932     1  0 Mar21 ?        00:00:01 xfsettingsd --display :0.0 --sm-client-id 2007cd7ab-d2b7-4188-b65d-d52aa9ef4fd8
astuser  24936     1  0 Mar21 ?        00:00:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfs-udisks2-volume-monitor
astuser  24944     1  0 Mar21 ?        00:00:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfsd
astuser  24952     1  0 Mar21 ?        00:00:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfs-afc-volume-monitor
astuser  24957     1  0 Mar21 ?        00:00:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfs-gphoto2-volume-monitor
astuser  24961     1  0 Mar21 ?        00:00:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfs-mtp-volume-monitor
astuser  24967     1  0 Mar21 ?        00:00:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfsd-trash --spawner :1.9 /org/gtk/gvfs/exec_spaw/0
astuser  25513 24904  0 Mar21 ?        00:00:00 xterm -xtsessionID 23ecb7315-5f7a-47cb-9eb9-cf8d4788b7d8 -geometry 0x0-1-1 -fg black -bg black -name login
astuser  25514 24904  0 Mar21 ?        00:00:00 xterm -xtsessionID 290985bcc-e24f-4c7a-9871-f10e0540505c -geometry 0x0-1-1 -fg black -bg black -name login
astuser  25517 24929  0 Mar21 ?        00:00:00 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/xfce4/panel/wrapper-1.0 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/xfce4/panel/plugins/libsystray.so 6 56623135 systray Notification Area Area where notification icons appear 
astuser  25521 24929  0 Mar21 ?        00:00:00 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/xfce4/panel/wrapper-1.0 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/xfce4/panel/plugins/libactions.so 2 56623136 actions Action Buttons Log out, lock or other system actions 
astuser  25531 25513  0 Mar21 pts/4    00:00:00 bash
astuser  25538 25514  0 Mar21 pts/5    00:00:00 bash
astuser  26122     1  0 Mar21 ?        00:00:00 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/indicator-application/indicator-application-service
astuser  26139     1  0 Mar21 ?        00:00:00 xterm -geometry 0x0-1-1 -fg black -bg black -name login
astuser  26162 26139  0 Mar21 pts/6    00:00:00 bash
======
---------------------------------------------------------------
------ ALL PROGRAMS running inside the chroot -----------------
=========== LIST all task (even root running under the HX_Engine chroot)
===========
------ Status of the inter system exchange server -------------
31250 root       0:00 {myserv} /bin/sh /usr/local/AppCentral/hx-engine/bin/myserv
---------------------------------------------------------------
Do you still need the results of a mount from within the HX-Engine with the results of the hx_manage status above?

I can see the astuser "home" folder in WinSCP, located in the folder /usr/local/AppCentral/hx-engine now I look for it there. Still getting the error pop-up, but I'm sure we're getting to the heart of the problem.

And I guess I'm lost on something else.... You say to use the chroot for this or that or something else. do you mean to open a terminal window in the HDMI output on the TV or to run something on the WInSCP window? The app is hx_engine, so I'm a touch confused how you want to do this. chroot means nothing to me unless I understand the context, which I don't now. Part of it I'm sure is a language barrier we're fighting.... If you want results from WinSCP terminal or PuTTY let's call that just WinSCP. If you want results from a hx_engine output let's call that HDMI terminal. This might make it much easier not only for me, but for anyone following along... :)

Return to “Desktop_Engine”