Coouple of things. (HX-Engine related)

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

MikeG.6.5
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: Coouple of things. (HX-Engine related)

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

I think everything you have done for us is fantastic. You are doing this on YOUR time, not because you have to, but because you want to. And you are sharing this labor with all of us that use this product line.

This is wonderful! and it makes my participation in these forums pale in comparison. You are leading the way to making our NASes something more than what Asustor envisioned them to be.

The 700xT series of NAS has as much CPU as some desktops have had in the last few years. If/when Asustor releases the info on what models of i5 and i7 chips will work on it, this model becomes a potential desktop machine as well. And you are allowing those to be harnessed for more than just a dumb box, sitting in the corner, not able to do much other than sharing out files.

Asustor never envisioned these to be more than they are now. They never took my comments seriously about thinking outside of the NAS mold, and using any of their devices for something more. You are taking us past the boundaries that Asustor put on the devices, into a realm where these machines are in their own new niche.

Don't sell yourself short. This is truly ground breaking work you are doing. And if no one else can see the benefits of it, they are blind or an utter fool!
damien599901

Post by damien599901 »

MikeG.6.5 wrote:I think everything you have done for us is fantastic. You are doing this on YOUR time, not because you have to, but because you want to.
exactly !
FYI Father_mande no issue on AS5102T=> works very well ADM 2.6 Beta FYI
Storage: AS7004T & AS5002T
Network: FREEBOX REVOLUTION V6
Laptop: Apple MACBOOK Pro OS X El Capitan & Windows 10
Media Player: ASUSTOR NAS with Kodi 16 Beta & HD_Engine 1 (thanks Fathe_Mande)
Portable: iPhone 6S Plus, iPad Mini 2 & iPad Air
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

Been messing with things off and on for a bit now. Still having some issues with ONE thing.

I don't understand how to make a user that has permissions to access the entire drive or the apps that are running on the NAS.

I have the default admin account in the access control app in the ADM. I also have an account for myself, which has admin privs. I want to make it so the HDMI displayed app runs as either of these two accounts, or as any other account I might make in the future.

So, saying that, let me give some parameters with bogus passwards and such, and if you don't mind, Philippe, would you give the command line and tell me whether it is run in the terminal in HDMI or run in a WinSCP terminal window.

Example: UserID: admin Password : testing_access <--- exists in the ADM Access Control
USerID: Stupid_idiot Password: TooDumbToFigureitout <--- Does NOT exist in ADM Access Control

In Terminal (winSCP) I type what?

In HDMI hx_engine I type what?

I really want to see if I can get the full drives, and access to the entire NAS from within this HDMI interface. If that's possible. Ideally, from the point of making an account that gives access to say /volume1/download/Calibre I should then be able to install a Linux version of Calibre and have the output displayed directly on the TV through the hx_engine. This could give me the ability to download books to my tablet, or phone and go from there.

I know I shouldn't have to ask this, but I'm not finding much info on it, and totally lost looking at what you've already replied or provided. HELP! :)
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi Mike

Try to answer here : http://forum.asustor.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=7715

because I prefer that you (an other users) have a more large visibility of what you have to do (even it's written) and the context than only a cookbook use without understanding all.

It's NOT a course (or I have to write dozens of pages) ... but a first approach ...

Web search tools are your friends ... to get more.

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T

Return to “Desktop_Engine”