How about a tutorial on how to install?

BicBucStriim streams books, digital books. It fills a gap in the functionality of current NAS devices that provide access to music, videos and photos -- but not books. BicBucStriim fills this gap and provides web-based access to your e-book collection.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

linde03
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

How about a tutorial on how to install?

Post by linde03 »

Anybody working on a tutorial for this app?
I get stranded at the configuration page after installing the app.
I am installing on a AS3102T. Created a folder called books on my nas. Made it accessable for all. But it seems I am note getting the calibre library path right.
I used /volume1/books
Anybody try this app yet?
MikeG.6.5

Re: How about a tutorial on how to install?

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

Never used this app, and doubt I will. If you look in the tips and tricks section I posted a tutorial on how to install Calibre on your NAS. It requires Father.Mande (Philippe) and the work he's done with HX_Engine in order to work, but work it does, and very well. It doesn't stream, but gives you a full blown library, and converter from various formats. (non-DRM)

The hardest part is making sure you have your library in a folder that can be reached from within the HX_Engine. I found this rather difficult, initially, but it's now pretty easy....
clinton.hall

Re: How about a tutorial on how to install?

Post by clinton.hall »

So the main issue here is that you need to have Calibre

See http://projekte.textmulch.de/bicbucstriim/
BicBucStriim needs to know where you Calibre library directory resides, the full path to the folder that contains your metadata.db and the book directories. In my case that is /volume1/books so I entered this path in the admin page.

That is all you need to do to get BicBucStriim running. Save and navigate to the start page. The index page should appear.

If the app can’t access the Calibre library it will tell you. BicBucStriim looks for a valid Calibre library directory with file metadata.db at the top. The most common problems are access errors. The app must be able to access the library. In case of problems you should adjust your access restrictions for the Calibre directory.
This does not mean you need to have calibre running on your Asustor (although you certainly can), but you do need to have the calibre metadata.db available (presumable with the same relative file paths as your NAS would see...
AS-604T
3 x ST4000DM0000 (Seagate 4TB) in Raid5
2 GB RAM expansion
AS-302T

Apps (user)
NZBGet - CouchPotato - SickBeard - Git - Python

Apps (maintainer):
NZBGet - BitTorrent Sync - Mylar - LazyLibrarian - Gamez
-Maintenance of Apps acquired from JohhnyFive since ADM2.0:
SABnzbd - CouchPotato - SickBeard - HeadPhones - Subsonic

About Me: http://fockwulf.wix.com/index

Return to “BicBucStriim”