how to remotd stream???

BubbleUPnP Server provides new services, many of them running on top of your existing UPnP/DLNA devices:
- make various media formats not natively supported by Chromecast playable with transcoding. Works in tandem with Android BubbleUPnP
- secure Internet access to your UPnP/DLNA Media Servers content with Android BubbleUPnP and foobar2000.
- stream and download your music, video, photos with your Android device from a mobile or WiFi connection with optional transcoding to reduce bandwidth.
- no need to sync, to upload to the cloud, to register to an online service
- create OpenHome Media Renderers from any UPnP AV or Google Cast renderer (provides on-device playlist, multiple Control Point access to the same renderer)
- create an UPnP/DLNA renderer from any Google Cast device
- fix issues of UPnP/DLNA Media Servers (discovery issues, broken data, add some audio DLNA compliance) by creating a proxy Media Server
- access your UPnP/DLNA Media Servers across different networks

Default Port: 58050
Elrique64
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: how to remotd stream???

Post by Elrique64 »

Arniceous wrote: Additional* The Plex media server someone posted in here is a total fiasco! First off it is not compatable with android for there is no upnestcast url field. So the template via the Asustor is totally usless with your android device via UPNP trying to hit plex servers to handle packet transfers of your media on the Asustor. Secondly it takes hours upon hours to sync the content initially for DLNA with Asustor units maxed at 3GB DDR3 Sodimm RAM and a 100 mbps fiber down stream as per my setup. And last but not least resources from both the client and server are taxed by plex while the footprint of BubbleUPNP is virtually non existent and sync time is less than 1 min for initial Asustor setup via DLNA on wifi !

Final Thoughts; Plex doesn't work for UPNP on android devices, they have no customer support except via email! Step wide of the 60mg bucket of worms with a monthly access fee of 35.00 to boot!! Total junk and anyone who recommended that on this thread is a total noober to not know the specifics such as I have presented. Asustor did inform me via email last week they would be asking bubbleUPNP if they would consider making an app for them again. We shall see what happens in the app store.

OH if you are wanting to stream your audio content via UPNP and access your music anywhere in the world to your android device or screwed up apple product look towards subsonic in the app store. Subsonic claims the new version supports video as well but that is not yet in the appstore either go figure.
I have had Plex running on my AS-202T since about a week after I got it. I use Android tablets, phones, iOS tablets and phones, PC's and MACs as clients. I have a Roku Stick as well. I was so impressed with it I got a lifetime pass (before they hiked the prices up.) I've had 4 clients streaming from this little NAS at the same time, and the only issues have been transcoding on the NAS. (They don't have enough horsepower.) If I remux everything to MP4 that's no longer an issue.

There is absolutely NO reason to need UPnP with Plex. Plex keeps track of the watched vidios and series shows, has playlist support, trailers, posters, subtitles and the list goes on. You can even use it with Xbox, Chromecast and PS3. If you HAVEN'T looked into it, and given it a shot, you are really short-changing your self and your NAS.

The only reason to synch to a phone or tablet now, is if you go someplace you don't have internet access and you want to watch something while you are there. Otherwise, watching what you want, when you want on Plex is great! IMO, the only "fiasco" is not giving it a shot.

Return to “BubbleUPnP”