Optware for ASUSTOR

ipkg, or the Itsy Package Management System, is a lightweight package management system designed for embedded devices. It is used in the Unslung operating system for the Linksys NSLU2, in OpenWRT, OpenMoko, Gumstix, iPAQ and now on asustor NAS too.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

MrK
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: [Unoffical] Optware for ASUSTOR

Post by MrK »

z1022 wrote:- It is because you use
rm -rf /opt/*
rm -rf /opt/.[^.]*
rmdir /opt
after move_to_optware_opt
You're absolutely right! Forgot about the rm -rf in move_to_optware_opt. First I did all the moving and deleting in it but then decided to let it do what it sais, moving only.
z1022 wrote:I know the location of optware.sh. However, I cannot find where you run optware.sh in your script.
It gets executed by /opt/etc/profile. That script runs through all the scripts in /opt/etc/profile.d and runs them.
z1022 wrote:I remove the old version and install and reboot
Okey, perfect way to test it.
Storage: AS-202T | AS-604T (borrowed)
PC/Laptop: iMac 27" & rMBP 15"
Media Server/Player: Plex on ASUSTOR NAS & Samsung TV
z1022

Post by z1022 »

where to exce /opt/etc/profile ?

Thanks
MrK

Post by MrK »

z1022 wrote:where to exce /opt/etc/profile ?
The start-stop.sh script adds and removes the line

Code: Select all

export ENV=/opt/etc/profile
to /etc/profile. And according to the ASH (shell) man page it executes what is set in the ENV environment variable. And there it is :)

Btw: Got the folder /opt/etc/profile.d created when you installed Optware? Because of a typo it shouldn't. I fixed that along with what found and going to upload the files soon.

Cheers
MrK

Post by MrK »

New optware package : fix a bug in copying optware/etc/profile.d directory and removing /opt content

Btw: I plan to submit the package to ASUSTOR store in about a week. Just trying to get some feedback first. So thanx to everyone testing and reporting. Special thanx to z1022 for his/her patience in reporting.
z1022

Post by z1022 »

Thomas,

optware.sh no right to execute.

-rw-rw-r-- 1 root root 37 Dec 4 15:14 optware.sh

After fixed it, it is OK.
MrK

Post by MrK »

z1022 wrote:[...]optware.sh no right to execute.

-rw-rw-r-- 1 root root 37 Dec 4 15:14 optware.sh[..]
That's fine because it's not getting executed but source-ed (see here). The naming - with the .sh ending - is maybe a bit misleading but I copied the naming from Ubuntu. And it has no effect - if it wouldn't work then /opt/sbin and /opt/bin wouldn't be in the path and ipkg couldn't be found.
Telek

Post by Telek »

After installing XMail starts manually. After rebooting AS-602t-does not start. If you remove / install - run, until the next reboot.
MrK

Post by MrK »

Telek wrote:After installing XMail starts manually. After rebooting AS-602t-does not start. If you remove / install - run, until the next reboot.
Hey Telek,

You're right I just check and to my suprise the script which should be called on start doesn't exist anymore. I'll have a look, fix it and will update the optware apk package. I opened an issue on github - for me to keep track of issues - which you can follow if you want.

See you
Thomas
igracgq

Post by igracgq »

It would be nice to inlcude the ipkg-web_7-7.apk into the main optware app so after you install the Optware via AppCentral you can add all the programs via web interface. This way users can install packages from web gui instead of the command line/terminal.
AS-602 with 3GB ram, 4TB WD Red

Qnap TS-119, DD-WRT Linksys 310n, WDlxTV player, RasperryPi OpenELEC
MrK

Post by MrK »

igracgq wrote:It would be nice to inlcude the ipkg-web_7-7.apk into the main optware app so after you install the Optware via AppCentral you can add all the programs via web interface. This way users can install packages from web gui instead of the command line/terminal.
I did give it a go already but there seems to be a permission issue. ipkg from the cgi wouldn't do anything probably because the web stuff it's running as admin user but optware stuff belongs to root. Haven't found a good solution yet.

Plus to be honest I think installing shouldn't be that easy. People should be aware that they need to have knowledge of the command line. But of course that's not a reason not to have ipkg-web running. It just isn't very high on my priority list.

But: If you find a way to run the ipkg-web I'd be interested to know.

Return to “optware”