Optware for ASUSTOR

ipkg, or the Itsy Package Management System, is a lightweight package management system designed for embedded devices. It is used in the Unslung operating system for the Linksys NSLU2, in OpenWRT, OpenMoko, Gumstix, iPAQ and now on asustor NAS too.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

igracgq
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: [Unoffical] Optware for ASUSTOR

Post by igracgq »

dansguardian_2.10.1.1-2_x86_64.ipk
squid_2.7.9-1_x86_64.ipk
tsocks_1.8beta5-4_x86_64.ipk

But however let's see if someone else can test it and how it will go.

Cheers
Thomas
Wow, that was fast Thomas... how did you create these packages so fast from 32 bit to 64 bit? I just like to to know out of curiosity how this is done. I would also be itnerested in knowing how you created this Optware package for Asustor. Was there lots of programming work involved?

Moreover, I'm comfortable working in the terminal with optware but I just wanted to let other people know that they can install ipkg-web_7-7 which is basically a GUI for optware package administration. I see its listed in the 32bit feed.
Thanks
AS-602 with 3GB ram, 4TB WD Red

Qnap TS-119, DD-WRT Linksys 310n, WDlxTV player, RasperryPi OpenELEC
MrK

Post by MrK »

igracgq wrote:Wow, that was fast Thomas... how did you create these packages so fast from 32 bit to 64 bit? I just like to to know out of curiosity how this is done. I would also be itnerested in knowing how you created this Optware package for Asustor. Was there lots of programming work involved?

Moreover, I'm comfortable working in the terminal with optware but I just wanted to let other people know that they can install ipkg-web_7-7 which is basically a GUI for optware package administration. I see its listed in the 32bit feed.
Thanks
I do use the excellent build environment of Optware (starting point of how to compile yourself here) itself on an Ubuntu 12.04 32-bit. And added platform support for asustor-i386/x86_64 which is basically some makefiles (used existing ones to get the idea). Then a bunch of packages just compile and some need just a websearch and then some patch applied. Others will need more work I guess. I'll see how much time I have or someone has a request for a certain package.

I'll put my changes/additions to Optware on github when I find time this week.

Oh, and I compiled ipkg-web this afternoon but it seems to put the files to /home. Probably would have to change that.

Cheers
Storage: AS-202T | AS-604T (borrowed)
PC/Laptop: iMac 27" & rMBP 15"
Media Server/Player: Plex on ASUSTOR NAS & Samsung TV
z1022

Post by z1022 »

After install the Optware, Cannot use Chrome and YouTube in Asustor Portal. But XBMC is OK

How to solve ite ??
MrK

Post by MrK »

z1022 wrote:After install the Optware, Cannot use Chrome and YouTube in Asustor Portal. But XBMC is OK

How to solve ite ??
I do have to get familiar with ASUS Portal then - heard of it but haven't done anything with it.
  • What NAS do you have (i386/x86_64, AS-?0xT)?
  • And if you switch off Optware in AppCentral do Chrome and YouTube work again?
  • What packages did you install from Optware?
Now I see what ASUSTOR Portal is, can't use it with my AS-202T though. The only thing I can imaging is that the PATH environment variable is interfering. The paths /opt/sbin and /opt/bin are added to the beginning of the PATH and therefore if the system looks for a programs and it's available in /opt it will use this (prior to internal in /{sbin,bin}, /user/{sbin,bin} or /user/local/{sbin,bin}. That's perfect for me but may not suitable for others. You may want to try to edit /opt/etc/profile.d/optware.sh and move /opt/sbin and /opt/bin to the end. So that it looks like:

Code: Select all

export PATH=$PATH:/opt/sbin:/opt/bin
[edit]added last paragraph[/edit]
z1022

Post by z1022 »

What NAS do you have (i386/x86_64, AS-?0xT)? - AS202TE
And if you switch off Optware in AppCentral do Chrome and YouTube work again?
- If Optware already turn on, after turn off, Chrome and YouTube still cannot work.
Need to turn off the Optware and reboot. Chrome and YouTube can work again
What packages did you install from Optware? - Only install Optware

Although changed optware.sh as below, chrome and YouTube still cannot work when Optware is turn on
MrK

Post by MrK »

z1022 wrote:What NAS do you have (i386/x86_64, AS-?0xT)? - AS202TE
And if you switch off Optware in AppCentral do Chrome and YouTube work again?
- If Optware already turn on, after turn off, Chrome and YouTube still cannot work.
Need to turn off the Optware and reboot. Chrome and YouTube can work again
What packages did you install from Optware? - Only install Optware

Although changed optware.sh as below, chrome and YouTube still cannot work when Optware is turn on
Did you restart too after changing the "export PATH"? And it would be interesting to know if Chrome and Youtube work without a restart but switch off and on ASUSTOR Portal. Because you have to restart the Portal too to get it to use the new PATH variable.
z1022

Post by z1022 »

Already restart after changing the "export PATH"

When asustor boot up, if Optware already set to turn on, and then turn off optware, Chrome and YouTube still cannot work.
Need to turn off the Optware and reboot asustor. Chrome and YouTube can work again
MrK

Post by MrK »

Mmmh, I see - I don't understand that yet.
If you check now the PATH variable when Chrome & YouTube don't work, are /opt/sbin and /opt/bin still at the end of it?
Are there any errors in the log?
Where does the Portal gets installed? Into /usr/local/AppCentral/<something>? And does it link to somewhere in /opt by any chance?
z1022

Post by z1022 »

The /opt/sbin and /opt/bin are at the end of the PATH. Where can I find the log?

The Portal install in /usr/local/AppCentral/asportal.

When optware is turn off at start up or did not install, the Portal create a folder and file as below:

/opt/google/chrome/chrome-sandbox -> /usr/local/AppCentral/chrome/chrome/chrome-sandbox

If the optware is turn on at start up, cannot find google folder in /opt. If I copy the goolge folder (it backup before) into /opt. Chrome and Youtube work.

The reason should be using mount -o bind. The Portal cannot create a folder google in /opt.

I use a stupid method to create symbolic link for folder bin,etc,lib,man,share,tmp and var like below: It work find

ln -s /usr/local/AppCentral/optware/opt/bin /opt/bin

I modify the start-stop.sh script as attached. I don't know whether other good method to modify the script. I am not good for script
Attachments
start-stop.zip
script file
(831 Bytes) Downloaded 660 times
MrK

Post by MrK »

z1022 wrote:[...]/opt/google/chrome/chrome-sandbox -> /usr/local/AppCentral/chrome/chrome/chrome-sandbox[...]
I use a stupid method to create symbolic link for folder bin,etc,lib,man,share,tmp and var like below: It work find[...]
ln -s /usr/local/AppCentral/optware/opt/bin /opt/bin[...]

I modify the start-stop.sh script as attached. I don't know whether other good method to modify the script. I am not good for script
Thanx alot for your work!! That's it - that of course will cause a problem if they works with /opt too. Have to think how to solve that. I did assume they would work with /usr/local sind the other apps do that. If the /opt is mounted everything which was in /opt will not be reachable anymore, until you disable Optware.

Your way of adding links is a good one. There are other options like I could compile Optware to use /opt/local instead of /opt (but then you couldn't use other Optware package feeds). Linking /opt/bin is ok but we again get into troubles if some other package wants to install something into /opt/bin itself.

Again: thanx for your help in getting to the root of the problem!

Return to “optware”