Updated through App Central

Sonarr is a PVR for Usenet and BitTorrent users. It can monitor multiple RSS feeds for new episodes of your favorite shows and will grab, sort and rename them. It can also be configured to automatically upgrade the quality of files already downloaded when a better quality format becomes available.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Duzii
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Updated through App Central

Post by Duzii »

Hi

OK, I think I made a mistake.

I have been running Sonarr for a long time and have been updating through the Sonarr app itself. Today I went into the App Central and saw that there was an update and I updated. I Dont think I should have done that because now I cant open Sonarr anymore, it just gives me page not found.

My Linux skills are not that great. I can log in to the NAS via Putty and I think there are some commands I could run to restart the service but I cant get it to work. Any help whatsoever would be much appreciated. Can I backup my settings & DB and re-install the app perhaps?

EDIT: I re-installed Sonarr and added all shows again, all working again. WIll only update through the app itself from now on

Best Regards

Duzii
mafredri

Re: Updated through App Central

Post by mafredri »

Hi Duzii.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but please don't be afraid of the App Central updates. They do not modify the Sonarr version you have updated to via the app itself (the bundled version is only used on clean install).

I believe the problem you ran into was due to a conflict with Sonarr and the ASUSTOR Mono version. It was in fact a very unfortunate timing since the issue was fixed soon in Sonarr after that.
Hi, I'm new here. Looking to be active in the community and help with development :).
Storage: AS-604T with 3GB RAM (Kingston KVR1333D3S8S9/2G)
mafredri

Re: Updated through App Central

Post by mafredri »

PS. I recommend taking regular backups through the Web interface. There's really nothing more dreadful than having to redo all your configuration :( .

Please shoot me an email if you run into problems in the future, I'll see to it that you won't have to repeat the previous tragedy!
Hi, I'm new here. Looking to be active in the community and help with development :).
Storage: AS-604T with 3GB RAM (Kingston KVR1333D3S8S9/2G)

Return to “sonarr”