[Unofficial] Sonarr (with Bittorrent support) and Mono

Sonarr is a PVR for Usenet and BitTorrent users. It can monitor multiple RSS feeds for new episodes of your favorite shows and will grab, sort and rename them. It can also be configured to automatically upgrade the quality of files already downloaded when a better quality format becomes available.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

acurrington
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Sonarr

Post by acurrington »

Anyone got experience installing Sonarr onto your NAS? I'm wondering if it's better than Sickbeard, or just different? Do we think Asustor will do an install for it?
Storage: AS-5104T with 2x4TB WD Green and 2GB RAM, and loving it! :)
mafredri

Re: Sonarr

Post by mafredri »

It can be found in AppCentral under the name NzbDrone, it's only recently that it changed it's name to Sonar. I don't, however, have experience with the AppCentral version as I have created my own which uses a newer version of Mono than is available in AppCentral (I run v 3.10.0).
Hi, I'm new here. Looking to be active in the community and help with development :).
Storage: AS-604T with 3GB RAM (Kingston KVR1333D3S8S9/2G)
mafredri

[Unofficial] Sonarr (with Bittorrent support) and Mono

Post by mafredri »

Hi,

since I'm a sucker for the latest features (I really wanted Bittorrent support!) and newest versions of things, I decided to roll my own release of Sonarr and Mono. This release is based of the latest Sonarr Develop branch and runs with Mono 3.10.0.

This release does not conflict with the existing NzbDrone application, however, I DO NOT recommend running them simultaneously (what would be the point?).

I set my version to use port 8990 since NzbDrone uses 8989. If this application detects your NzbDrone configuration in /volume1/home/admin/.config/NzbDrone, it will be migrated to Sonarr (not deleted, just copied once to /usr/local/AppCentral/sonarr/config where it will be used by Sonarr).

Everything should work fine through the application, automatic updates, restarts, etc. Hope you enjoy!

Features
  • Latest Sonarr develop branch (Bittorrent support!)
  • Built-in automatic updates
  • Does not interfere with NzbDrone package (runs on port 8990)
  • Can migrate existing configuration from NzbDrone
  • Self-contained configuration (stored in /usr/local/AppCentral/sonarr/config)
  • Lightweight, only the required libs present.
Word of caution
If your configuration from NzbDrone is migrated to Sonarr and NzbDrone was running master branch, the migrated configuration files will be incompatible with the master branch. This means that the configuration will only work with the develop branch until it is made stable and merged into master.

Note: this does NOT mean your NzbDrone configuration will be lost, it just means that any configuration done in Sonarr will not be backwards compatible with NzbDrone!

If you would like to try it out, you need to install both of these applications:
Latest Sonarr release
Latest Mono release

Regards,
Mathias
Last edited by mafredri on Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hi, I'm new here. Looking to be active in the community and help with development :).
renocz

Re: [Unofficial] Sonarr (with Bittorrent support) and Mono

Post by renocz »

Hi Mafredi,

Thanks for your release! In fact i use an updated version in develop mode from the one built by Mrk without any issue.

I tried yours but, and i don't know why, it moves my config profiles to another folder... it was a little bit disturbing...

The import from Nzbdrone worked well.

Maybe you can contact Thomas (Mrk) to update his version?

Cheers,

Renaud

NAS: Synology DS210J + 2 To // Asustor AS302T + Western Red 4 To

Other:Raspberry PI XBMC // NUC d34010wyk XBMC 13.0 // Macbook Pro 15" 2013
Iphone 5s // Galaxy S3 // Ipad 3 //Ipad Mini
dhstsw

Post by dhstsw »

What is mono for?
AS-304T
If you own a series 2/3/6 Asustor it's very likely you won't get XBMC 13.x/Kodi.
But easily you'll end buying a kitchen from UK.
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

renocz wrote:Hi Mafredi,

Thanks for your release! In fact i use an updated version in develop mode from the one built by Mrk without any issue.

I tried yours but, and i don't know why, it moves my config profiles to another folder... it was a little bit disturbing...

The import from Nzbdrone worked well.

Maybe you can contact Thomas (Mrk) to update his version?

Cheers,

Renaud
Hey, no problem, hope you liked it. I did try to inform about the changes to the config location. The reason for it is two-fold:
  • I do not wan't it to conflict with MrK's NzbDrone package
  • The default save location is $HOME/.config/NzbDrone. This doesn't make sense since the package is called Sonarr now. Hence I decided to control the config location and keep it in-app for self-containment and to cause less headache if/when they change the structure of it.
I wouldn't mind my changes to be incorporated into MrK's version, however, I'm a bit unsure about releasing another version of mono on the App Central as Asustor already has their own (albeit a bit outdated).

PS. I updated the first post with information from the README on GitHub.
dhstsw wrote:What is mono for?
Mono is required for running Sonarr. Sonarr is developed in Visual Studio and compiling it creates .NET-executables (which run on Windows). Mono is a project for running .NET applications on e.g. Linux.

Regards,
Mathias
Last edited by mafredri on Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
tezzer

Re: Sonarr

Post by tezzer »

The NZBDrone app in App Center works really well and auto-updates to the latest version of Sonarr. The version of Mono available from ASUSTOR is indeed out of date, but from what I can see, this doesn't impact Sonarr (at the moment).
Bon3

Post by Bon3 »

Awesome work mafredri... I switched back from SickRage.. :D

Keep up the good work!
renocz

Post by renocz »

Hey Mafredi! How are you doing?

I just would like to let you know that I have a strange but not blocking thing..

I have your version but I change the port to 8989.

After each reboot of my nas, its not myip:8989 that is running but myip:8990.
Sonarr is blank (like a from scratch setup) and I noticed also that in system\Info tab, AppData directory is set to /usr/local/AppCentral/sonarr/config
Then i perform a restart of Sonarr and everything is now correctly setup, the good port (myip:8989), all my data and I noticed also that in system\Info tab, AppData directory is set to /volume1/home/admin/.config/NzbDrone
It's strange, not blocking (after investigation because you could imagine the panic at first :p)

Do you have any idea regarding this "issue"??

Many thanks for your feedback

Cheers,

Renaud

NAS: Synology DS210J + 2 To // Asustor AS302T + Western Red 4 To

Other:Raspberry PI XBMC // NUC d34010wyk XBMC 13.0 // Macbook Pro 15" 2013
Iphone 5s // Galaxy S3 // Ipad 3 //Ipad Mini
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

renocz wrote:Hey Mafredi! How are you doing?

I just would like to let you know that I have a strange but not blocking thing..

I have your version but I change the port to 8989.

After each reboot of my nas, its not myip:8989 that is running but myip:8990.
Sonarr is blank (like a from scratch setup) and I noticed also that in system\Info tab, AppData directory is set to /usr/local/AppCentral/sonarr/config
Then i perform a restart of Sonarr and everything is now correctly setup, the good port (myip:8989), all my data and I noticed also that in system\Info tab, AppData directory is set to /volume1/home/admin/.config/NzbDrone
It's strange, not blocking (after investigation because you could imagine the panic at first :p)

Do you have any idea regarding this "issue"??

Many thanks for your feedback

Cheers,

Renaud
Hmm, have you disabled NzbDrone in App Central? Only thing I can think of is that they are competing for the same port.

Return to “sonarr”