Cannot upgrade xOrg following move to ADM 3.0

Xorg is the public, open-source implementation of the X Window system. An installation of Xorg is required to run multimedia Apps such as Boxee, KODI and iTunes Server.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

haynsie
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Cannot upgrade xOrg following move to ADM 3.0

Post by haynsie »

Greetings.

I've just upgraded my AS6102T to ADM 3.0, but when running App central, xOrg refuses to upgrade (this means Kodi, Plex, etc won't update either). The log file says the update failed (ref -154). Any ideas what the 154 error code is and how I can fix it? I couldn't find any relevant documentation on the xOrg developer site.

Thanks.

Dave.
Pokerness

Re: Cannot upgrade xOrg following move to ADM 3.0

Post by Pokerness »

Hy,

I have the same issue with the same error (ref -154). I tried a manual upgrade without success. I open a ticket on Asustor support. Here is the answer :
We are able to download , and install the Xorg 10.14.7R30.
Due to the ADM 3.0.0 release, too much traffic for App update from our server.
It might take longer time to finish the App update. If you still can not install, please wait , and try it again.

It seems a little bit strange. I upgraded many apps following move to ADM 3.0 without any problem, nor response time issue.

I will contact again Asustor support on Monday.
NAS Asustor AS6204-T
2x DD WD RED 3to RAID 1
1x DD WD RED 3to My Archive

Windows 10
IPAD 2017
Dilaw

Post by Dilaw »

Hi,

got the same error here with my AS5002T after the move to ADM 3.0.

I also downloaded 10.14.7R30 and tried to install manually and got the same error.
So I do not see a connection between the error and the traffic on the ASUSTOR servers.
Let me know if the next information gets it solved. And if not, let me know aswell so I can open a ticket to force the problem.

Many Thanks!
Dilaw
haynsie

Post by haynsie »

I opened a ticket - I didn't get a reply about traffic on the server...but I can't believe that's the cause, since I've tried several times now.

Support's first response was to run app central / update.....which was a bit strange, since that's what I told them I'd done!

Oh well, lets see what they come back with next.

Dave.
orion

Post by orion »

It looks like that there are different xorg versions on different NAS models. My AS-304T is working fine and the xorg version is different from yours. I believe asustor needs to look it inside.
geoff511

Post by geoff511 »

hi guys,
Am having the same trouble with 1 of my NAS's but not the other ?

My AS5004T upgraded X.org with no trouble at all and everything else then updated as well.
Yet my AS7008T won't - it comes back with the same error message you guys are getting ??

And Dilaw wrote that his AS5002T won't update ... so why would the 5004 and the 5002 be different or use a different version ??

My 5004 has been running for years and has a multitude of apps doing several different jobs, yet my 7008 is a brand new install.

Think this might be more than just the usual very poor programming by the Asustor mob.

Geoff.

PS I have also started a ticket, and I think everyone who can't update X.org needs to create tickets.
Pokerness

Post by Pokerness »

Good news !

A new version X.Org 10.14.7R31 is available. X.Org upgraded successfully as well as Portal, Kodi, Remote... Great !

However AEC (Asustor EZ Connect) failed to recognise my Id Cloud. I can't access to the second screen : Login. While the remote access is Ok : upgrade was done remotely.

Regards.

NAS : AS6204T
PC : Windows 10
NAS Asustor AS6204-T
2x DD WD RED 3to RAID 1
1x DD WD RED 3to My Archive

Windows 10
IPAD 2017
haynsie

Post by haynsie »

Yes, the new version of xOrg worked for me too, with the other dependent apps all following.

I've closed my ticket.

Cheers.
AsTernes

Post by AsTernes »

Dear All,

I am facing the same kind of Issue. Looks like X server application is not working anymore in ADM3.0. I have opened an official ticket on asustor support.

Since I have updated to ADM3.0, the server X application which allows to use the Nas as a Media Center cannot be installed anymore.
It always fails with message error (Ref -154).

Therefore, lots of application essential for my use cannot be used/upgraded

-Asustor Portal
- XBMC
- Emby

I have tried to desintall/resintall unsuccessfully (the installation is not installed anymore and cannot be installed)

I have a AS-602T.
The beta X.Org 10.14.7R31 is not available for my NAS. How can I proceed ?

Regards,

AT
Attachments
InstallXOrg.PNG
InstallXOrg.PNG (40.04 KiB) Viewed 13803 times

Return to “xorg”